• This topic has 52 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by wool.
Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Think the Fred Whitton is tough?
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

I didn’t say I knew all about the event yesterday, I know the route, I know the climbs, I didnt do my own 104 mile ride on an mtb because I know I’d have hated it and been totally **** and pissed off half way round. But as I’ve said each to their own, right for you doesn’t always mean its the right thing to do.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

when you ride it next year, I’ll let you ride whatever you like 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Er thanks but i won’t be riding it next year. Riding past people on inappropriate bikes isn’t my bag thanks very much.

allmountain76
    Free Member

More like being ridden past by someone on a “less appropriate” bike isnt. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

You’ve changed your tune DD!?

No one said you weren’t allowed to ride your MTB, just to say it was the best tool was a little daft! IMO of course.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m sure that makes sense to you allmountain76, it certainly doesn’t to me 😆

DavidB
    Free Member

I wrote a piece for Cycling Plus a few years back comparing road and mtb bikes on that route. The answer was emphatically road!

Link

boxelder

I’d heard the guy on Kirkstone overtook a car, fell off and the car hit him?

MrSparkle

Well, he did it!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXdoZaXk4Oc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Kit
    Free Member

Well, he did it!

wooooooah there MrSparkle, didn’t you see that the STW egos were having a manly discussion about which handbag bike they think is most suitable for the Fred Whitton?! I can’t believe this thread is descending back onto topic 😕

MrSparkle

I did but bollox to ’em. One fW is bloody hard. This guy is nails to do 10 on the bounce and deserves some reeeespec’.

boxelder

Good effort, especially as the weather has been fairly shitty up here for the last fortnight.

wool

Amazing effort,
    Right to get the tread back off topic, somthing Super Moto 500cc would be the best bike for the FW, then again we are cyclists so we are all students of pain realy so I will use what ever bike I like.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Think the Fred Whitton is tough?’ is closed to new replies.