Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Things to do in Copenhagen?
  • BeardedDave
    Free Member

My girlfriend and I are off to Sweden on holiday, very soon. We’re planning a stop over for a few days, in Copenhagen, on the way. Anyone any recommendations for things to see and do while we’re there?

bearGrease

Sit drinking coffee outside a cafe and watch the girls on bikes go by?

My girlfriend and I are off to Sweden

Maybe not then.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rent bikes (loads of rental places)

Tivoli Gardens are worth doing. Wander around the harbour side areas, boats, cafe’s & restaurants. Some nice parks. The commune is worth a wander round (for about 15 mins in my view) Chritiania. There is quite an organic food scene, if you are interested it’s worth researching some places and booking in advance, note food and especially booze is very expensive as I am sure you know, similar in Sweden.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i live in Sweden and have just got back from Copenhagen, have been there quite a few times.

you must rent bikes, it is the only way to see the city. it’s also a city that doesn’t really have main attractions as such, but just cruising round and stopping at cafes and streets you like is the order of the day.

if you are interested in cycling infrastructure google the green wave Nörrebro and experience it yourself. its also a really cool area. Meat packing district is great for going out

Also Louisiana modern art museum outside Köpenham is such a beautiful building and a wonderful place to spend the day in the museum and grounds.

its distortion street festival at the start of june if you are there for that?

BeardedDave
    Free Member

We’re actually there at the beginning of next week. Renting bikes sounds like a decent idea, as the weather is looking pretty decent.
    I quite fancy Tivoli Gardens, which looks like it’s around £10 to get into. Quite intrigued by Christainia, but it does sound a little dodgy!

GEDA
    Free Member

The round tower. National museum for cool eskimo stuff and helmets with horns. The zoo. Carlsberg glyptotech. National art museum. Blue planet aquarium. Romeleåsen alps in skåne if you like singletrack.

Bregante

Apart from Tivoli and a mooch around Christiania I was a bit underwhelmed by Copenhagen to be honest. Friends of ours live in malmo on the Swedish side of the bridge and I much prefer it there to be honest.

Christiania is fine. You need to be aware of those around you but no more than in any other large city IMO.

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s not dodgy, it’s doggy, and as they don’t pick up the dog poo it stinks. They still sell smarties and organic veg on tables, don’t like cameras and try to act hard/cool/alternative but mostly just look wasted/pathetic/anti-social/dirty. Chritiania bikes is worth a look in and maybe buying one if you need that sort of machine.

I was unimpressed and much happier when back over the German border with bands playing, wurst grilling, people enjoying themselves and no-one throwing a wobbly should I stop on a cycle path to look at a map (in Holland people stopped to offer help, in Copenhagen they were hostile).

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Edukator speaks the truth. 🙂

You’ve not seen road rage until you try and ride a bicycle in Copenhagen, the other cyclists are brutal, they don’t display any kindred spirit to fellow riders. Don’t let that put you off though, it is the best way to get around. As @howsyourdad1 posted above its a real café culture type place.

Have fun.

Try and book a table at noma.

neilthewheel

+1 for Louisiana (apart from the cafe).
    The Changing of the Guard is quite funny, but don’t try and watch the whole thing.
    Eat at Riz Raz, try to get there early for the all you can eat buffet.(It’s 6 years since we were there, mind)
    Visit Helsingor, up the coast. Nice town and Hamlet’s castle is there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Things to do in Copenhagen?’ is closed to new replies.