Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)
  • things that annoy you about mountain bikers?
  • flatfish
    Free Member

leaving litter on the trails.

leaving used inner tubes on bush branches.

miserable buggers that ignore you when you say hello.(although thats not just mountain bikers i admit).

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

riding better than me
    not being gorgeous babes

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“leaving used inner tubes on bush branches.

Like big black c0nd0ms, useless after one pr1ck

jojoA1
    Free Member

Yeah, litter and innertube trees are a bugbear here too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Sorry I meant to say: “discarded after one pr1ck”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

surely discarded by one prick

zaskar
    Free Member

Giving other mtb’ers a bad name by behaving like idiots in traffic or paths on the way to trails.

jojoA1
    Free Member

The ones that sneer/chuckle at cheap/shonky bikes are pretty annoying too.

Smee
    Free Member

Riding along the middle of the innerleithen to walkerburn back road at 2mph and ignoring the learner car that is trying to get past you.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The ones that sneer/chuckle at cheap/shonky bikes

my bike is cheap and shonky – sneer all you like, I don’t mind :o)

Strangelove
    Free Member

Litter has to be the worst. Why cant people but empty gel tubes in their pockets?
    Riding three/four abreast along narrow country lanes. Not just annoying but very dangerous as well

Wozza
    Free Member

All the gear, no idea.

ton

one that leave me at the back……………. 😉

PJ266
    Free Member

I like people with all the gear and no idea, makes me feel better about my riding ability.

Houns

People who say “all the gear no idea”

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Riders who ride round puddles cos they are too cool to use mudguards. riding with no care for other users of the countryside or the trails they use

robhughes
    Free Member

stuckup middle class winkers who speak like they,ve got a plum in there mouth and don,t give you the time of day let alone speak to you unless your cliped in to a lightweight xc machine

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Those MTB mags that talk about ‘just get out and ride’, because anyone who buys those (or any other) MTB mag is clearly not, ‘just getting out and riding’.

The fact of the matter is that those people who don’t give a toss about the MTB scene and all the bike jiggery pokery that goes with it, including those mags, but own a mountain bike and go out every weekend, are the only ones that ‘just get out and ride’. And, no one here, on this website forum ‘just gets out and rides’, because we spend more than half our time ‘just’ reading the mags, ‘just’ fannying about on this website forum and ‘just’ wan£ing over expensive blingy bike parts.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Litter – check
    Bike snobs – check
    Whippets – checkedy check
    Multi – faff group rides – check
    Climb grumblers – check,check, checkedy check.
    No tube, no pump, no tool – check, ****’ check
    😉

radoggair
    Free Member

B.A.nana………… read your post,now i’m away out to ride.

I’l be back soon to read some more before getting out riding again.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And, no one here, on this website forum ‘just gets out and rides’, because we spend half our time reading the mags, fannying aboput on this website forum and wan£ing over expensive blingy bike parts.

Oi! No one gets out and rides all the time, but I don’t read the mags and have scant interest in bikes at all, never mind their components.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

People who don’t build or maintain what they ride. Anything else can be forgiven.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree with SFB on this – bought a magazine once – it was rubbish, I can’t identify a single bike without seeing the name on it, don’t care. I just like riding my bike ( and arguing / being educated on here 🙂 )

hazeii
    Free Member

The insecurity.

Dibbs
    Free Member

things that annoy you about mountain bikers?

Riders that go on the STW Quantocks group ride while I have to work, and then post pics of themselves waving at my workplace 👿

sherry
    Free Member

Bike snobs, litter, slower riders that refuse to get out of the way to let you pass, torn faced ****, anyone with scant regard for the country side & its wildlife.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

maintain what they ride

I have a strict regime of intentional neglect

RealMan
    Free Member

I dont think Ive ever let myself be annoyed by another mtber.

I suppose I get annoyed when I see someone with a much nicer bike then me, but no idea how to ride it at all. But I’m not annoyed at them, I’m just annoyed that fate or whatever decided to give money to the guy who cant ride as well. Because I know if I was in his posistion I’d probably do the same.

Its nice to have all the gear. The idea can wait.

james
    Free Member

Riders who ride round rocks/features cos they are too cool to use their (6″) bike as intended ..

Litter is far worse though
    And people who relieve themselves by the side of a track/trail, you can’t be bothered to go a few metres away, where nobody has to be near you

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

OK, people who go to Stainburn and then avoid all the difficult features and think it’s sh!t because they couldn’t ride anything, sending an email to our chairman calling it ‘Sh!tstain’. 😆

Travis

Litter and no respect for the countryside (although this just doesn’t apply to MTBers)
    Tubes & Gell packets
    Riders not bringing along their own food for a long days ride 👿

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And people who relieve themselves by the side of a track/trail, you can’t be bothered to go a few metres away, where nobody has to be near you

are you objecting to people peeing near you, or near the trail ? Isn’t pee fairly innocuous ?

loddrik
    Free Member

Singlespeed…

MOJOK
    Free Member

I hate guys who pick on less skilled riders instead of helping them get better. I really hate guys who are lucky enough to have their girls ride with them but make the girl feel like she’s holding him back. Trail sanitizers bug me more than the guys who make trail braiding pussy paths around every techy feature, but it’s close. Guys who bring their kids out with no helmet, or no water, or no clue. Guys who drink bad beer and think I’m a snob for refusing one when offered…. There’s more, but I feel I’d better go settle down now.

allyharp

I hate bikers who speed past or ride recklessly around walkers. Just gives us all a bad name.

user-removed
    Free Member

Most recently? The Southern eedjit who watched my mate faceplant at GT and started shouting at him to, “Get out of the way lads, come on, move”, as my mate was trying to get up. Wasn’t as if he was carrying any speed either – we’d just had to stop and push round some trailbuilders.

What a twunt.

thefallguy
    Free Member

Life’s too short to get really anoyed with fellow bikers, we all share a common interest, so save yourself the agro, there are too many other groups (e.g. oap ramblers) to get wound up about methinks.

RustySpanner

People who somehow think themselves superior to “OAP Ramblers”, just because they ride a bicycle.

And people who type the word ‘methinks’.

People who MOAN about others irritate the F*CK out of me.The superior/sneery attitude of some people who respond to genuine questions on forums.

petefromearth

lack of courtesy to other users on public trails whoever they are
    lack of mechanical ability (grinding gears…) and not cleaning a nice bike
    people who claim to do freeride when they clearly don’t

bike arrogance/snobbery is very annoying (especially from those ‘in the industry’) but i don’t think it should be on the list as it’s not specific to mountain biking, it’s personality. it’s evident in all hobbies and all walks of life so is clearly just human nature

i like MOJO’s point about riding with one’s girlfriend and not appreciating it. i will from now on!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘things that annoy you about mountain bikers?’ is closed to new replies.