Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • them TLD chinese shorts…
  • pegglet
    Free Member

any sizing or other issues with those Chinese TLD copy shorts?.. ta.

Jamie
    Free Member

With the what now?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

They may get confiscated on import and you will not get any money back?
    It’s fraud?
    It’s illegal?

apart from that probably nothing 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

other issues

Beyond them being counterfeit shit from a sweatshop, you mean? Or is IP theft and slave labour good for you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Beyond them being counterfeit shit from a sweatshop, you mean? Or is IP theft and slave labour good for you?

Is the regular TLD stuff made by free range factory workers?

greeble
    Free Member

you’d be very very hard pressed to tell the difference. I have a pair and a “genuine” tld moto short. both made in china. they come in tld branded clear plastic wrap and tld labels.

honourablegeorge

Mine didn’t arrive, and the shorts appear to have been removed from EBay (at least for the seller I bought from)

Paypal dispute ongoing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

greeble
    Free Member

honourablegeorge was that seller called luo.yaohui I had the same issues. I have since bought them from lyn-hotstore

pussywillow
    Free Member

I made some good money two year ago with them, bought a batch full and sold them on for nearly twice the price on eBay, I thought it’d only be a matter of time when they catch up with me so stopped doing it, even if I had got caught I’d have just said I didn’t know they were fake, as they are a good match although the fake ones are deffo cheapo made cos the zips break easy and the material rips easier 😆

The women in China I bought them from doesn’t advertise them as troy lee so gets away with it, I advertised them as troy lee though as gets the punters in dunnit! 😆

greeble
    Free Member

aliexpress is where there are loads of gloves shorts jerseys etc etc etc.

pegglet
    Free Member

cheers everyone. i,v terribly low scruples,so i,ll take the risk….wonder if the Chinese workers in the Sram et al factorys all have a merry singsong first thing before work so we can all feel good! ta again.

Cougar

We’ve got legal issues here with counterfeit goods, so I’m closing this thread.

Cougar

After discussions with the team, it’s been agreed that whilst trading fake goods is illegal, discussing them is not.

In view of this, I’m reopening the thread. Sorry for the inconvenience, I had to err on the side of caution until I was sure.

scotroutes

The Fakely threads are safe then? 🙂

Could someone please lend me a Singletrackworld jersey for a week?

toppers3933
    Free Member

are we in uncharted territory here? closed thread reopened? what the hell is the world coming to.

cookeaa

Turns out after all the hand wringing they’re actually “Chung Li Designs” Gold Hotpants, I’d still wear them for DH though, Aero innit!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Still counterfeit shit.

If you can’t afford Troy Lee, buy something cheaper. Don’t buy counterfeit shit.

Cougar

The Fakely threads are safe then?

So long as you’re just discussing them rather than promoting them or selling them, it would seem so yes.

cookeaa

What if there were some Similarly styled “TLD-esq” shorts available minus the Logos, obviously still from China and at a reasonable price?

They’d not be fakes as such, just similar looking…

Could that asuage the moral outrage at buying cheap counterfeit goods?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

So long as you’re just discussing them rather than promoting them or selling them, it would seem so yes.

So how does this affect PW’s bragging:

I made some good money two year ago with them, bought a batch full and sold them on for nearly twice the price on eBay, I thought it’d only be a matter of time when they catch up with me so stopped doing it, even if I had got caught I’d have just said I didn’t know they were fake, as they are a good match although the fake ones are deffo cheapo made cos the zips break easy and the material rips easier

The women in China I bought them from doesn’t advertise them as troy lee so gets away with it, I advertised them as troy lee though as gets the punters in dunnit!

Don’t buy anything from PW…

sugdenr
    Free Member

I have since bought them from lyn-hotstore

Hmmm I think this might be promoting them?

I think you should re-close the thread, only because it should send toppers into a tail spin, despite also reinforcing flash’s sense of self-righteousness.

wwaswas

Don’t buy counterfeit shit

yes, avoid shit shit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So they’d be poor quality, crap looking and without the desireable logo?

nick1962
    Free Member

are we in uncharted territory here? closed thread reopened? what the hell is the world coming to.

Pressure from the Chinese,they’re big players now you know 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Self righteous? No, not really.

Company works hard to make good products and, presumably, ensure the quality of their supply chain. Invests in R&D, marketing, emplying people, sponsoring riders etc. Then someone rips them off. That stinks.

For example, that nice Zakk Tempest Brant fella. Jets off to review manufacturers, invests time and effort in R&D, puts back into the sport, etc. Would it be OK if someone ripped off his designs? No, it wouldn’t.

dazzlingboy

If you can’t afford Troy Lee, buy something cheaper. Don’t buy counterfeit shit.

Yeah WTF – I’m so cool in my TLD gear! Yeah right. And inside you a little bit of your soul dies because you know you’re lying. Plenty good gear that is not ripped off.

iolo
    Free Member

Let me get this straight.
    Pussywillow admits selling fakes as real on this forum.
    This is a criminal act no?
    Moderators ignore this and allows thread to continue.
    Am I missing something here?

molgrips
    Free Member

Making cheap stuff is not bad. Pretending to be something you’re not is. It’s fraud.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just gets betterer and betterer 😆

scaredypants

Don’t buy counterfeit shit
    yes, avoid shit shit

You mean sham poo ?

cookeaa

Making cheap stuff is not bad. Pretending to be something you’re not is. It’s fraud.

Well that’s sort of what I’m saying, I’m sure you could bung in a request via Alibaba or someone for a price on some shorts in a similar design / materials / fit without any logo issues

Lets be fair, there wouldn’t be a market for these if TLD didn’t mark their kit up quite so much…

Once you whip off the logos and maybe change the patterns, and fabric colors a bit you’re not going to fool anyone who knows their Pukka TLD from a lookey likey…

Troy lee didn’t actually invent shorts, just styled a few pairs and plopped his logo on ’em…

Anyone with a Pukka pair of TLD shorts to hand? Where does the label say they were made?

Just wondering if these are “excess stock” or over run from TLDs own “Sweatshop” production or proper knockoffs.

So they’d be poor quality, crap looking and without the desireable logo?

Well your assuming the Quality will be poor because they are cheap, Quality could be alright, low labour and material costs, taking a link or two out of the supply chain coupled with not paying for that desireable Logo could have quite an effect on pricing also…

I’m not bothered about having a TLD/Sombrio/Royal logo, on my legs or Arse, it won’t make me any faster, a reasoanble un-branded pair of shorts that looked OK would do me… anyone sell that?

Only musing on the topic, not likely to buy a pair any time soon TBH…

z1ppy

Pussywillow admits selling fakes as real on this forum.
    This is a criminal act no?

No because PW is a poor troll, just posting something to try to get a rise.

Moderators ignore this and allows thread to continue.
    Am I missing something here?

Yes the fact that PW is a total troll, well actually a very obvious poor troll really
    (don’t worry about it, I posted in a thread the other day before I read it properly and realised it was obvious troll being obvious..).

nick1962
    Free Member

If the workers in the sweatshops get better paid for making fakes rather than originals where does one stand ethically?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ethically I always stand to the left which is clearly right

Is the regular TLD stuff made by free range factory workers?

Yes have you not seen the free range pens they give them to run around in ?

Company works hard to make good products and, presumably, ensure the quality of their supply chain. Invests in R&D, marketing, emplying people, sponsoring riders etc. Then someone rips them off. That stinks.

Aye capitalism and competition sure stinks
    Welcome to the club comrade

sugdenr
    Free Member

IP rip off, fair enough but I dont see any ethical manufacturing committment on the TLD website so all that extra money you pay is in their pockets not a premium paid partly for them to invest in their supply chain to ensure it wasnt produced by child labour in a sweat shop.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

After discussions with the team, it’s been agreed that whilst trading fake goods is illegal, discussing them is not.

Sorry? providing advice on the good/bad ebay sellers who supply counterfeit products is fine? So we can buy counterfeits with confidence?

plyphon
    Free Member

who is this troy lee fella anyway? and why is he selling shorts on ebay?

Cougar

Well, this went well.

We’ve had complaints that the thread was closed, complaints that it wasn’t deleted, and complaints that it’s still open. Oh, and complaints that moderation is inconsistent.

This is why we can’t have nice things. FML.

scaredypants

I WANT NICE THINGS !!!
    (don’t really want to pay full whack for them though – can anyone help ?)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘them TLD chinese shorts…’ is closed to new replies.