Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The Scandal frames available at On-one at the moment?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Anyone know if the On One Scandals for sale at On One at the moment are normal non-slotted drop outs or are they slotted for singlespeed use?

The website isn't that clear and I don't want slotted drop outs

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

whats slotted drop outs? i never knew the difference so ive left it till now?

i like their new frames and cheap too…

alexpalacefan

They're standard drop-outs for geared not SS use 🙁

Which is a shame as I recon the slot version would build into a perfect XC SS.

I guess they don't want internal competition with the new carbon wippet we've started to hear about. I wonder if it's really any lighter than the old scandal?

A

mtbtomo
    Free Member

The pictures show full bikes with normal vertical drop outs but if you go to the bike build section, the scandals offered there are slotted drop outs??

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I think they might be the normal ones,becuse the slot drop out ss specific ones were maked up as such when they had them in stock.

Best to give them a call to check.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

As I understood it they were not making any more vert drop out scandals, so more likely they will be slot drop out, which is far more versatile anyway.

Clink

As I understood it they were not making any more vert drop out scandals, so more likely they will be slot drop out, which is far more versatile anyway.

That's what I thought, but the new ones defo look like geared only frames…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

The one I got a couple of months ago has horizontal dropouts and a gear hanger, but it makes a fine singlespeed.

warpcow
    Free Member

They used to have two seperate categories: "slot dropout 26er scandal" and "26er scandal".

It seems like all that is there now is the older vertical dropout model. That's a real shame if they've stopped doing the slot dropouts. I was gonna buy one in the next month or so.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I don't need the versatility, I want a light cheapish hardtail frame to plug in 100/120mm forks and gears.

The only other frame in the same sort of price range I can think of is the Kinesis XC120?

Any other suggestions?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

If you are happy with the vertical dropouts then get a Scandal, very pleased with mine.

theflatboy
    Free Member

alexpalacefan – Member

They're standard drop-outs for geared not SS use

Which is a shame as I recon the slot version would build into a perfect XC SS.

even if they're vertical, though, you could still make a neat singlespeed with an eccentric hub.

tinsy
    Free Member

contact them, but fairly sure they are std dropouts at the moment..

njee20
    Free Member

I don't need the versatility, I want a light cheapish hardtail frame to plug in 100/120mm forks and gears.

Get onto eBay and search for 'Carbon MTB frame', my 18" one weighs 1240g, cost £200 and looks really good.

mboy
    Free Member

Apparently after the last run of slot dropout Scandals, they reverted back to regular "vertical" dropouts for the latest batch… So if you're after a "normal" frame for gears and suspension, should be ideal for you…

Shame as I quite fancied a slot dropout 29er but they is all gone!

tazzymtb

mtbtomo – if you want an ultralight scandium hardtail for 100mm forks I'm selling my voodoo sobo frame 18", 2.75lbs, £150.00 email me if you are interested

cheers

Taz

njee20
    Free Member

I'd still get the carbon eBay frame!

Rather, I did.

Clink

I'd still get the carbon eBay frame!

BUT, what's the warranty, customer service etc??

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The Scandal frames available at On-one at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.