• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by benji.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • The PROPER Black Friday today. Who's 'avin it?
  • colonelwax
    Free Member

I’m not, no Black/Mad/Black eye Friday carnage for me, far too old and boring.

Any tales of exploits in the past (or plans for tonight)?

fasthaggis

Who’s ‘avin it?

DID YOU SPILL MY PINT?”

gazc
    Free Member

me. got my sleeves rolled up already 😈

ton

sometimes it is nice being old and sensible. so no, but I will be calling for a nice pint in a pub out of the way from the madness.

D0NK

Nah, works pissup was last night, I’d voted for tonight (as I’m too tight to book the morning after off work) turned out to be a quiet one anyway.

Have fun!

colonelwax
    Free Member

Nah mate, wasn’t me that spilled your pint it was that bloke over there with his sleeeves rolled up

*legs it when fasthaggis turns around*

binners

The worst I’ve seen was Black Eye Friday in Whitehaven. Absolute carnage! It looked like a scene from 28 Days Later! with a lot less clothes. It was about -20 when the chill factor off the sea was factored in. Blokes in short sleeved shirts, girls in next to nothing. People literally passed out in the street, all over the place. Pavements awash with rivers of vomit. No kick offs though. It was all pretty good natured. Which was nice

Gonna nip down my local tonight, and try and stay out of trouble.

DID YOU CALL MY PINT A PUFF?!!!!

wilburt
    Free Member

Just been down to Aldi and gotten 10 bottles of wine for under £40.

Added some peanuts round it off.

Out tonight for an informal smash up with old colleagues, it’ll be proper ale and talking crap for 3 hours, perfect.

NZCol

Edinburgh last night was interesting.

lemonysam
    Free Member

The worst I’ve seen was Black Eye Friday in Whitehaven

That’s every friday in Whitehaven, surely?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Work’s do tonight at a local hotel. The bar tariff is horrendous so there’ll be lots of contraband booze being smuggled in and quaffed at awkward angles. Increases the probability of carnage threefold I reckon…

thegreatape
    Free Member

Working, but unless something I the top 30% of badness happens, I’ll be clearing off at 11. I expect that it will be the usual overhyped underwhelming anticlimax.

binners

Its like a normal Friday, turbo-charged by cheeky Vimto’s 😀

colonelwax
    Free Member

Following on from the crap cities thread, I lived in Newport for ten years and after witnessing the hordes of valley commandos descend on the centre for £1 bottles of Hoffmeister any night from Wednesday to Sunday, Black Friday is a bit of a let down.

hora
    Free Member

Black? I feel offended on behalf of Liberal/beard owning/professional public sector working males over this wording.

binners
    plyphon
    Free Member

“While I’m giving samples of our real ale to some bell end who’s just going to order a half of Fosters, I could be servicing our core clientele of red men with poor home lives.

Amazing haha

D0NK

“Christmas is a time for happiness, family and laughter so I should be getting our regulars – who have none of those things – as pissed as possible.”

quality mash

and are able to carry three drinks without a tray.

TBH I’d make it 4 pints without a tray.

Northwind

We’re off out for a respectable meal and a totally unrespectable pub crawl. Should be good!

benji
    Free Member

I’m staying in watching Mary Berry whilst sipping on a warm cocoa.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘The PROPER Black Friday today. Who's 'avin it?’ is closed to new replies.