Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The non returning Guide lever saga.
  • zippykona

I know I can take it apart and sand down the little white piston thing…
    but its a new bike and why should I?
    Is there an official fix, if I get onto the people who sold me the bike or will they spend a long time sending me another set of brakes with the same issue.

rickon
    Free Member

Send it back for warranty. It’ll take a while. But it’ll be warrantied.

I’d probably buy a spare guide r in the mean time.

I’ve had quite a few sets and they’ve been pretty reliable really. They’re a really great brake, just get it replaced.

If you faff with it and brake it, you’ll void that warranty.

pennine
    Free Member

Mine was sent back under warranty. Returned about 10 days later. Works fine now.

zippykona

Do they replace the lever or the whole brake? I have internal brake pipes and not looking forward to rerouting them.

DickBarton

I had that, replaced in 4 days…was about 18 months ago…whole new brake.

pennine
    Free Member

Replaced brake

sgn23
    Free Member

I’ve got this problem, but mine are out of warranty. Has anyone had success in replacing the lever internals with this kit from Amazon

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

just about to send a pair back, great brakes when they are not broken

zippykona

Thinking about it the rear one is ok as I’ve got it wound half way in to match the front lever. Will contact them and post it off when I go on holiday.

bgascoyne
    Free Member

my front one had this issue a month or so ago. Seems to only happen when its really hot (weather wise). Working fine now. Given the UK weather I figure I’ll have issues about twice a year! Touch wood.

sillysilly
    Free Member

SRAM were good with me – replaced the lever on a 2015 RS that didn’t like the heat.

sgn23
    Free Member

sillysilly, how did you get it to SRAM? I thought you had to send it via an LBS. I got mine from OnOne, so I’ve little chance of them looking at my 2015 brake.

stewartc
    Free Member

Seems to only happen when its really hot (weather wise).

Yep, not the best for Hong Kong riding!

Replaced both sets now under warranty, my LBS has been pretty good and just replaced them when it happened and sent the faulty sets off for warranty repair.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The non returning Guide lever saga.’ is closed to new replies.