Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The Invisible Bike Helmet
  • kayak23

Been knocking about for a while now, but here is a few words from the folks behind it…
    Pretty sure it raises discussion anyway. 😉
    [video]http://vimeo.com/43038579[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This isn’t fair, you know.

kayak23

😀
    How so?

Garry_Lager

The airbag is deployed by sensors – accelerometers and gyros – that pick up a bicyclist’s abnormal movements in the event of an accident. The sensors then send a signal to the gas inflator to inflate the airbag.

Hmmmm – Chinny reckon.

philconsequence
    Free Member

rubbish, i dont want that thing inflating whilst i’m bashing through swinley like a loon. a loon i tells ya!

Pook

imagine it going off during a sexy party

woodsa
    Free Member

So that time when it doesn’t deploy and you stack it head first……………I’ll stick to the olde method.

Klunk
    Free Member

a dirty great rubber ring around your neck is not invisible, just in another place.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Problem is I like to think I crash in new and innovative ways. I’m sure I would defeat their sensors…

Also I don’t want a helmet that shoots its load at the first sign of trouble…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

so we’ve gone from something big and bulky on your head (but at least it’s vented, and light) to something big and bulky around your neck (which will sweat me like a bitch) . . .

i’m afraid, . . it’s not for me . .i’m out . . . .

philconsequence
    Free Member

this is what happens when you let wimmin near a project, they just cant comprehend the many manly ways of forcefully planting your skull into solid objects!

wimmin, know your limits!

what happens when i’m headbanging away to some spice girls and it goes off?!

cynic-al
    Free Member

How many threads on this so far? 😀

kenm
    Free Member

Not sure that strapping some explosives around your neck is the best safety idea ever.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Phil – how hard do you bang spice girls that you feel you need to wear a helm… oh no wait I missread that…

philconsequence
    Free Member

its easy to pull something banging away to the lyrics ‘i need some love like i never needed love before… i wanna make love to ya baby’

easier on a full suss than a road bike as it absorbs some of the hard banging

nealglover
    Free Member

Those sensors are going to have to be bloody clever to see a low tree branch coming towards my head.

I’m out.

batfink
    Free Member

What happens if you fall-off twice in one ride?

Gotama
    Free Member

I presume the airbag stays inflated so you just cycle round looking like Neil Armstrong.

kayak23

They should do it with pants.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

They should do it with pants.

abnormal movements . . .

hmmm that may be an issue?

CaptJon
    Free Member

What about when you pull awesome wicked backflips?

argoose
    Free Member

Or just dont unclip quick enough, costly mistakea to makea.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I’ve only just seen the video and was going to post a new thread, but it looks like there are at least four on this subject already.

Here’s my question.

Do people think it’s real or just a wind up/clever piece of marketing for something, I don’t know what?

I can’t see how pressurized air can provide the same degree of impact energy absorption but that’s not based on anything other than gut feel.
    What do people think?

fourbanger
    Free Member

The inflation of the thing looks a bit CGI to me. Let’s assume this is 4real and proves through science and statistics to offer more protection than a conventional helmut. Will the helmut evangelists be swapping out their pisspots for these?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘The Invisible Bike Helmet’ is closed to new replies.