Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • The Food Hospital
  • cinnamon_girl

Did anyone watch it this evening?

wrightyson
    Free Member

We watched half hr or so, girl with polysistic ovaries?
    Felt very sorry for her and wondered why the nhs couldn’t do owt for what seemed such a bad case! Didnt watch it all, how’d it turn out?

cinnamon_girl

That was incredibly sad but her boyfriend sounded a real gem. Yes, surprised the NHS didn’t do something but she changed her rather bad diet, lost a load of weight, exercised and seemed really positive.

lodge
    Free Member

Yes I watched it and gonna be watching them all closely because lets face it diet in the uk and much of the west is horrific and having a massive impact on health.
    Sorry I have to say it but drinking the milk of another mammal it just cant be right but we are raised to believe its normal so no one questions it.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

If you listened at the start she had refused medical help for the last 6 years 🙂

chriswilk
    Free Member

quite interesting, but it turned out to be the same “eat properly and you will be healthier than if you eat crap” shocker.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yep thats why I switched off. Mrs FD suffers from PCOS, but not half as bad as that women, but then again she uses medication. I thought there was going to be some miracle cure, but no they just said medication, and er yes healthy eating.

Drac

Sorry I have to say it but drinking the milk of another mammal it just cant be right but we are raised to believe its normal so no one questions it.

Not everything you seen on Snatch is true.

mogrim

If you actually bothered to think about what other animals eat you’d realise just how stupid an affirmation that is. Flies eat poo, vampire bats drink blood, spiders liquify insects and suck their insides out… Drinking cow milk barely registers on the weird scale.

Solo
    Free Member

Flies eat poo, vampire bats drink blood, spiders liquify insects and suck their insides out… Drinking cow milk barely registers on the weird scale.

The examples given here seem to confuse the evolution of a species to align itself to a particular food source, with the weird eating habits of a species which has invented a product loosely based on the milk of another species.
    Milk, today being a product of agriculture.

Of course, there are loads of people living day to day, raising children, who do not include cows milk in their diets.

But don’t let that stop anyone.
    And don’t let the contents of cows milk stop you either….

I have drank cows milk recently, and it wasn’t nice, furthermore, my body didn’t appear to be too happy about it.

I’m amazed by the seemingly unshakeable belief some folk appear to have when categorizing foods which are “natural”, “staple”, “healthy”.
    All based on hear say.
    😉

Edit:

Sorry CG, no I didn’t see the TV program you refer to.

mogrim

The examples given here seem to confuse the evolution of a species to align itself to a particular food source, with the weird eating habits of a species which has invented a product loosely based on the milk of another species.
    Milk, today being a product of agriculture.

Western cultures have evolved to be able to digest cows’ milk. It’s a nutritious source of protein and calcium, the fact that you don’t like it is neither here nor there.

Solo
    Free Member

Western cultures have evolved to be able to digest cows’ milk. It’s a nutritious source of protein and calcium, the fact that you don’t like it is neither here nor there.

^^^^^^^^
    I rest my case.

Now, go get your pitch forks.

And in the meanwhile, thats an incredible feat of speeding up evolution to have the entire western cultures only ?, evolve within the comparitively short space of time that farmed cows and their milk have been available.

I hope you like all that grain fed, antibiotic fed, cows milk.
    Yumm !.
    🙄

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

think of the pain the poor cows would have to endure if we suddenly stopped milking them…

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I do 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I watched it, it’s my kind of TV TBH. Human interest, not really telling us anything, but on a topic I’m loosely interested in.

Oh, and I love milk. I’m eating cereal now and I’m going to have a pint with my peanut butter and jam sarnies later. 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

Oh, and I love milk. I’m eating cereal now and I’m going to have a pint with my peanut butter and jam sarnies later.

Yeap, great.

But at least a smoker knows smoking is bad for them…..
    Although I do suppose it did take a while to put that arguemnent to rest….
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I read a study sponsored by the milk marketing board that it’s been proven that consuming milk is good for bone strength and can help to reduce the absorption of dietry fats.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Bread is bad for you! You have to bake it in an oven! Eggs are bad for you because they are chicken eggs not human eggs! Meat is bad for you because it’s not human meat!!

Solo you are clearly lactose intolerant. I am not so I shall eat cheese and drink milk. Thank you.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure I read a study sponsored by the milk marketing board that it’s been proven that consuming milk is good for bone strength and can help to reduce the absorption of dietry fats.

That is class, you are indeed an A star forum warrior.
    Made me chuckle.
    😀

mogrim

Certainly do. It was great on my Weetabix earlier.

And my world would be a lot poorer without cheese. Stilton, brie, torta del casar, mozarella, edam…

Solo
    Free Member

Solo you are clearly lactose intolerant

Eh ?.

I am not so I shall eat cheese and drink milk. Thank you
    How can you tell ?……

Solo
    Free Member

Certainly do. It was great on my Weetabix earlier.

Nice response, mature.

joao3v16
    Free Member

How can you tell ?……

Maybe (and this may astound some people) it’s because eating cheese & milk has none of the effects associated with being lactose intolerant?

🙄

It’s not rocket surgery is it.

I have drank cows milk recently, and it wasn’t nice, furthermore, my body didn’t appear to be too happy about it.

If not lactose intolerant, maybe you’re milk protein intolerant.

mogrim

Solo you are clearly lactose intolerant

Eh ?.

I am not so I shall eat cheese and drink milk. Thank you
    How can you tell ?……

You said “I have drank cows milk recently, and it wasn’t nice, furthermore, my body didn’t appear to be too happy about it.”

And my Weetabix reply was about as mature as it needed to be, when replying to scaremongering stuff like “I hope you like all that grain fed, antibiotic fed, cows milk.”

IanMunro
    Free Member

And in the meanwhile, thats an incredible feat of speeding up evolution to have the entire western cultures only ?, evolve within the comparitively short space of time that farmed cows and their milk have been available.

In short, yes.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002929707628389

Solo
    Free Member

Maybe (and this may astound some people) it’s because eating cheese AND milk has none of the effects associated with being lactose intolerant?

It’s not rocket surgery is it.

Impressive !.
    You can tell whether your body is really liking milk, how exactly ?.
    Is it because you are alive ?.
    Wouldn’t that be more to do with your body’s ability to tolerate stuff, in order to serve the greater goal of living to see tomorrow ?.

Dietary choices, Nietzsche stylee.

Here, let me help.

Staggering !.

RobHilton
    Free Member

[/quote] I have drank cows milk recently

I’m poor grammar intolerant 😉

Solo
    Free Member

You said …..
    😆

defydude
    Free Member

Nice response, mature.

Like a fine cheese.

phil.w
    Free Member

quite interesting, but it turned out to be the same “eat properly and you will be healthier than if you eat crap” shocker.

I thought the case with the young boy with the migraines was more than that. They cut ham and citrus fruits from his diet. Things that most people would put in the healthy bracket.

Solo
    Free Member

I’m poor grammar intolerant

Thanks Rob.
    I do have terrible grammar.
    😉

Solo
    Free Member

Like a fine cheese.

Oh yes, so do I.
    Especially with a glass or two of red.

😉

Solo
    Free Member

They cut ham and citrus fruits from his diet. Things that most people would put in the healthy bracket

AND WE HAVE A WINNER !.

Either that or someone who can’t find their pitch fork.

joao3v16
    Free Member

You can tell whether your body is really liking milk, how exactly ?

😕

Well, in these modern times we have access to all sorts of medical knowledge. Some doesn’t even involve the use of leeches any more.

Some symptoms of lactose intolerance:

flatulence
    diarrhoea three or more times a day
    bloated stomach
    stomach pains
    stomach rumbling
    nausea
    stomach cramps

I’m starting to suspect somebody’s being deliberately obtuse…

hexhamstu
    Free Member

So don’t eat ham and citrus fruit? What can I eat? Shall I just go and graze in the backgarden?

phil.w
    Free Member

AND WE HAVE A WINNER !. Either that or someone who can’t find their pitch fork.

?? really don’t understand what I said for that reaction.

So don’t eat ham and citrus fruit? What can I eat? Shall I just go and graze in the backgarden?

No, that’s not the point. It was cut out in order to cure the migraines. At no point was it suggested everyone should do this.

joao3v16
    Free Member

So don’t eat ham and citrus fruit?

Damn damn damn damn damn

No more Hawaiian pizza’s! (is Pineapple a citrus fruit?)

I thought the case with the young boy with the migraines was more than that. They cut ham and citrus fruits from his diet. Things that most people would put in the healthy bracket.

They are healthy purely from a nutrition perspective, but there are foods that can cause or exaggerate migraine’s.

When I was a kid I suffered migraines. GP suggested I avoid cheese & chocolate. I never ate much of either in the first place, but I guess that was just the medical opinion at the time.

I did find that drinking ice-cold Coca Cola helped my migraines though.
    No idea why. And it didn’t work with Pepsi, or any other cola type drink.

portlyone

I personally don’t like milk, and have fruit juice in my cereal instead. I can handle lactose as well as most.

A lot of people seem to be quite defensive when it comes to milk consumption. Just because your mums served you cows (or other non-human) milk doesn’t mean it is good for you.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Some one needs to teach that girl how to shave properly too, no wonder she hated shaving she must have ended up with bad shaving rash and lots of cuts the way she did it!

IanMunro
    Free Member

A lot of people seem to be quite defensive when it comes to milk consumption. Just because your mums served you cows (or other non-human) milk doesn’t mean it is good for you.

Quite true. Though it’s important to remember the same can be said for fruit juice.
    The problem with ascribing any foodstuff in simple terms such as good or bad, is that invariably there will be a wealth of research that supports the counter position.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘The Food Hospital’ is closed to new replies.