Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The Bridge II – BBC4 21.00 tonight (Sat.)
  • psling
    Free Member

I know this one is accepted STW TV fare, who’ll be tuning in? (c_g of course?!?)

Has it been shown before or is it a new one?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, this is the new Scandi one. Ta for the reminder though.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Are they showing it as two episodes back to back again?

I would prefer if they spread them out a bit more tbh, over too quickly otherwise.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well it’s 2 back to back this evening so I imagine they are.

I hope this one is good…the last series of Borgen was disappointing – and these series cannot live on the forgiveness garnered through the quality of The Killing. I’d like to see some more intelligent translation of for the subtitles too please.

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’d like to see some more intelligent translation of the subtitles too please.

Other half (Danish) refuses to watch with me as I’m always stopping and saying “that’s not what they said, what did they say really?”

Retarded English Anthropologist translated to British Anthropologist is the best one so far

I’d like to see some more intelligent translation of the subtitles too please.

I’ve not actually watched the Killing

psling
    Free Member

Hoping it’s a good one too. I guess there’s only so far you can take a political drama like Borgen compared to a crime drama like The Killing and the first The Bridge seemed to combine both genres if I remember rightly, so should be scope to keep it fresh.

househusband

Loved the first series but have just been informed by ‘Project Management’ that it’s the sort of thing I can watch on iPlayer… she never got into the first series, probably because she has the attention span of a goldfish and doesn’t like subtitles.

DrJ

Retarded English Anthropologist translated to British Anthropologist is the best one so far

The Danish subtitles for Top Gear translated “it looks like a council house at Christmas” (JC was talking about Audi headlights) to “it looks like a town hall at Christmas” 🙂

No spoilers, but I enjoyed the 2nd series as much as the first, on average. Some things better, some worse.

gordimhor

Thanks for the heads up.Hoping to fill a castle shaped gap in my tv viewing with a bridge. OH alright a Birgitte shaped gap. 😳

Stoner
    Free Member

Thank you thank you thank you!

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

“it looks like a council house at Christmas” (JC was talking about Audi headlights)

<snort> That’s brightened up my evening 😀

Blackhound

Tak.

kimbers

set to series record!

zippykona

It appears to have been filmed in khaki and white.

zippykona

cheers_drive

Frank Shleck made an appearance at the end of episode 1

cheers_drive

Andy I mean

cinnamon_girl

My ears have been burning. 😀

dekadanse
    Free Member

Saga Noren for an Oscar – Aspergers has never looked both so cool and so understandable.

Plot’s not half bad either – only weak link is perhaps having hateful eco-terrorists – this doesn’t gel with all I know about advanced tree huggers. Stoner is bound to disagree with me though.

cinnamon_girl

Problem is, both The Killing and Borgen set impossibly high standards for both writing and acting. The Bridge, imo, is just plain dullsville. 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

While I enjoyed Borgen, for me, it didn’t touch The Killing for writing or acting…especially series 2 & 3 (didn’t stop me watching them of course). It was filled with more political stereotypes than a STW thread. 🙂

cheers_drive

IMO Borgen and The Bridge are far higher quality than the killing. Really enjoyed last night’s episodes and Saga is a great original character.

ononeorange

Saga Noren……sigh…….!!

ebygomm
    Free Member

I’m a bit disappointed that we’re seeing the culprits already. I liked that in season 1 it didn’t really become clear until quite far through the season.

cheers_drive

Maybe they are not the real story…

teenrat

On the Scandinavian series theme, did anyone watch Hinterland on saturday night? The filming and style is very similar to the bridge, but its in english and welsh(with english subtitles) and is set around aberystwyth. Apparantly its been bought by the swedes for a Scandinavian remake.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ok so what part will the dodgy trawler owner actually play in the plot?

rwc03
    Free Member

Mild Spoiler

I’m a bit disappointed that we’re seeing the culprits already. I liked that in season 1 it didn’t really become clear until quite far through the season.

On episode 6 and we’re no closer really, plots are thickening nicely

ransos
    Free Member

I thought the first series of the Bridge was perfection, and my favourite of all the Scandi dramas (having watched the Killing, Borgen and Arne Dahl too). Given the series 1 ending, I was dubious about the possibility of a decent second run, but happily I was wrong. Far, far better than the frenetic, self-referential toss that Sherlock has descended to.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The Bridge II – BBC4 21.00 tonight (Sat.)’ is closed to new replies.