Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • The big telly's arrived and.. oh bugger
  • DezB
    Free Member

Yeah I just thought, sod the Sony, if I have to go through changing more than once, well, I can’t be bothered. People seem to be very happy with their Panasonics. Don’t they Ho Hum..

lodious
    Free Member

Dunno, I had a Panasonic plasma and I hated it (picture ‘flickered’, although not everyone appears to notice it :-))

All TV’s have pro’s and con’s and IMHO, it’s usually the con’s which turn out to be much more important than the pro’s. People always focus on ‘1080p’ or ‘3’D features, but the reality is that they have a very small impact on viewing pleasure. Buzzing (Pioneer), Flickering (Panasonic Plasma), Backlight bleed (Sony / LCD), Image Retention (LG) all will piss some people off to a greater or lesser degree, so it comes down to what bothers you.

That’s why IMHO you should always buy from CostCo or JL, because if you don’t like it, they will help you get sorted.

Hohum
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    Yeah I just thought, sod the Sony, if I have to go through changing more than once, well, I can’t be bothered. People seem to be very happy with their Panasonics. Don’t they Ho Hum..

Yes, they do mate!

(I just hope this one isn’t a dud either or I am going to look a bit stupid!)

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Love my new Panasonic Plasma 42″-really rate Sony stuff for technology but they have a habit of dropping support for their products (Clie & NWHD5 personal player owner)always found JL to be superb re. customer service. Our New but now old telly had a fault so they replaced-second one was faulty so they replaced, upgraded to digital and increased the size f.o.c.

DezB
    Free Member

Buzzing (Pioneer), Flickering (Panasonic Plasma), Backlight bleed (Sony / LCD), Image Retention (LG)

Oh Nooooo!!!

(JL are now refunding me, so I can reorder, so the search is back on. I’m going to go round my mate’s house and have a look at the Panasonic before deciding!)

Hohum
    Free Member
    lodious
    Free Member

Oh Nooooo!!!

That’s the problem, if you read AVF’s, after an hour you will be sucked into a whirlpool of fear, suspicion and fanboy bullshit. Best of just buying a telly and take it back if it bugs you.

DezB
    Free Member

Best of just buying a telly and take it back if it bugs you.

Been there, done that!

warton
    Free Member

John Lewis great for customer service + 1

I’ve taken stuff back which is faulty, or an unwanted present with no receipt and they’ve replaced it no questions asked.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘The big telly's arrived and.. oh bugger’ is closed to new replies.