Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The best ebay ad I've seen in ages
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

I can across this and thought I would share.

link

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Bit of a prick if you ask me.

Personal opinion and all that

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Done 5 days ago… And yes he seems a twunt

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ebay-bargain-1

eyerideit
    Free Member

😳

Now I feel like a twunt, at least I don’t owe 40 big one.

armo
    Free Member

I liked the ad, good on him for making a stand/statement, If we all did the country might be in a better state. He should do one on immigration.

molgrips
    Free Member

If that chap is so jealous of bankers, why isn’t he one?

In fact, why aren’t we all stinking rich?

Hmm?

nosedive
    Free Member

‘best therapist in London’ taking a pop at ‘parasites’

pot kettle etc

Ambrose

I was a bit flabberghasted at the £40,000 debt bit. Does it include his mortgage? His problem I think. If he manages to sell for the asking price- so be it, but I doubt it will happen TBH. And if he is declared bankrupt then a whole bunch of creditors will be a bit miffed but he is seemingly none too concerned.

oldnpastit

For the past 15 years I have worked tirelessly for Barclays PLC as an investments and projections analyist. In that time I have probably netted a small fortune of certainly no less than 21,000,000 £ sterling.

That isn’t right. Doubtless someone will be along in a moment to justify this, but they will also be wrong.

Clover

I thought about this for a while – owing £40k might seem pretty ridiculous BUT I can see how it could happen if you start your own business. Which I have – and I wouldn’t recommend it in the climate.

You start business and take home next to nothing because you’ve set yourself x amount of time before you make money. Maybe you borrow to set up business – let’s say 5k.

You see the business grow (yippee) and you start to think ‘hurray I’ll soon be paying myself at a reasonable rate’.

But in the meantime you have a couple of horrid bills and stick them on the credit card to await that day (dental work for example, or the essential to everything car falls apart etc). Then the credit crunch happens. There’s a general wobble but it’s just a wobble (August – October 2008) isn’t it? So digging into the overdraft to pay essential bills is just a temporary measure. Isn’t it?

The problem is that the crunch has developed into a recession which has gone on and on – what might have been an excellent business plan five years ago can seem like pie in the sky these days. In discovering this you can end up with debts on many fronts (business and home) and then if any of them are on credit cards with interest at 20%+ it can suddenly get out of hand.

I’ve been lucky not to be in a similar position but I don’t think you *have* to be off the scale stupid to run up debts if you’re self-employed, just mildly over-optimistic. Which wouldn’t be noticed in a boom.

I could be wrong in this case but it’s not an automatic assumption.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The best ebay ad I've seen in ages’ is closed to new replies.