Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)
  • The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)
  • tang
    Free Member

You beauty! I’d love to be in oz now. i lived there during the glory generation(warne and co) and how id love to rub it in my gloating mates faces…off to write some emails. cant feel so smug they are on the beach in the sun and riding dusty trails.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is psycle still pretending to be on holiday in Morocco ?

🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

So, id you were captaining Australia, what would you say to motive the remaining batsmen?

Stoner
    Free Member

So, id you were captaining Australia, what would you say to motive the remaining batsmen?

Got any plans for your testimonial match?

Hairychested
    Free Member

It’s going to be such a lovely evening/night tonight 🙂

naokfreek
    Free Member

Aye…got some of the lads coming round to watch the Oz heads drop, kinda hope it takes a while..but is a pointless stand. Will be very good whatever.

WIN

yossarian
    Free Member

Is there anything else in sport as satisfying as an ashes victory?

The pub at the end of my road are having a sneaky ashes lock in. I shall be heading round later 8)

I hope we don’t ease up, must must must win the series 3-1 to ram home our superiority.

aracer
    Free Member

Shouldn’t that be batsman singular? MJ’s a bowling all-rounder, and the other two genuine tail-enders.

“If you don’t save this, you’ll get Clarke as captain” might do it though.

palmer77
    Free Member

Despite a quality performance from England chances are the aussies are going to write off this victory as a non-event due to poor leadership.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Well blaming it all on Punter won’t help. They probably do need a change of leader though.

palmer77
    Free Member

Get in!!!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Are we celebrating already? What with? A proper cuppa here 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

I’m starting to think the next Aussie captain will be Mr Cricket – despite the fact he’s only 1 year younger than Ponting. Clarke should be being demoted out of the team rather than promoted to captain right now, and there’s a distinct lack of other obvious candidates (unless they think outside the box and recall White as captain).

palmer77
    Free Member

I may be in for an early night after all!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Now it’s almost over. Couple of overs to go?

mboy
    Free Member

Hmmm…

200 runs required to make England bat again, only 2 wickets to get (assuming Harris can’t bat as he’s being operated on), and there’s only a couple of close catchers for Graeme Swann? 😕

Seems a bit odd! I’d want to make the batsmen so scared to do anything except defend the ball, I’d have them totally surrounded!

Maybe Strauss is trying to give the spectators some value for money and make the game last a bit longer… 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Is it a practice session but without the nets?

aracer
    Free Member

Finally. 1 to go.

grumm
    Free Member

FINISH THEM

aracer
    Free Member

We win 🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

Hurrah! An innings and 157 runs!!!

aracer
    Free Member

Largest margin of victory for any team touring Australia since 1912.

chiefgrooveguru

Get in.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

😆

Smudger666

lol – Aussie commentator – ‘spare a thought for Ricky ponting’ – not bloody likely!

palmer77
    Free Member

Only thing that could improve this would be for Aggers to do ‘the sprinkler’ in the middle of the MCG!

Houns

WHoooooT!

Hairychested
    Free Member

Great news don’t you think, psychle?

portlyone

woot

aracer
    Free Member

How long before the Aussies rehash this one (the whinging amused me no end at the time, so I thought it worth reposting)?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/african-connection-taunts-aussies/story-e6frg7rx-1225765394449

yossarian
    Free Member

Stayed up till 2am to watch most of the first session, was slightly overjoyed to see Strauss out 3rd ball! The look of anguish, disconsolation and disbelief on the face of the England Captain warmed the cockles of my heart at midnight! You could almost see the cracks appearing in the carefully prepared mental walls, lovely way to start the toughest tour he’ll ever face
    Went to bed at 1:30ish with the score at 2-43 I think, wasn’t much happening, though I did think that the batsmen didn’t look all that comfortable with the bounce, but our bowlers weren’t doing much with the ball or off the deck either.
    Wake up this morning to find that one of our ‘two average opening bowlers’ had taken a sensational hat-trick, on his birthday no less! Really happy for Siddle, he’s a proper Aussie cricketer, all heart and passion and a real character for the side. He reckon he’ll be our bowling talisman this series, much like Flintoff was for England. To think that the Aussie press and pundits were questioning his inclusion in this team! Idiots… Warne likes him for much the same reasons I do, he’s got the ‘mongrel’ air about him, and that’s what an Australian team needs!
    All in, a pretty awesome opening day for Australia, and a much needed reality check for the Englander’s I think: this is not going to be easy for you, you’re in enemy territory now and the natives are hungry!
    POSTED 1 MONTH AGO #

What a difference a month makes eh psychle? 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

England’s celebratory “sprinkler” post-victory for the barmy army.

Quality

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Over exuberant celebrations for a series which could still (just possibly) be drawn.

You gotta love cricket fans.

I am of course delighted for England and Wales.

Houns

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUCiWDLavY[/video]

Yes highlights for me beside the Cricket was Bumble talking about his dad’s and dogs ashes and ripping it out of Vaughns shirt

But 30 odd years of watching English sport has made me think we’ll lose the last test in Sydney 🙁

allthepies
    Free Member

Over exuberant celebrations for a series which could still (just possibly) be drawn.

I take it you do know why they were celebrating ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Like duh!

allthepies
    Free Member

Odd that you think the celebrations are OTT then 🙂

palmer77
    Free Member

Like I said, bitter aussies turning it into a ‘non-event’ 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m neither Aussie, English nor bitter. Simply a neutral immigrant (who has always supported England in cricket). I’d say that the celebrations are best left till the series is won. It’s just a comment, that’s all. The English as a nation are probably the most dignified in the world in defeat. Time to show some now.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘The Ashes – 4th test thread (spoilers within… duh!)’ is closed to new replies.