Home Forums Chat Forum The apprentice.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)
  • The apprentice.
  • Pook

I’m sure every year they have to get someone who looks like a Riddler.

2014:

2015:

2016:

Drac

Slow start tonight.

I’m also out of sync by 15 minutes due to have to make work phone calls and emails. 🙁

gonzy
    Free Member

Lord Sugar was in a trigger happy mood last night….i thought there would be more….is disappoint 😥

stevedoc
    Free Member

Just watched it, but ur fired is very funny

gonzy
    Free Member

but ur fired is very funny

i wasnt sure how that would pan out. i thought Dara was great but i’m now starting to warm to Jack Dee and Romesh Ranganathan’s clever humour

benji
    Free Member

It was the right call firing Elle, she was absolutely useless, not sure she understands what she does for a living, part of me suspects she is in daddy’s business because no one else would have her.

gonzy
    Free Member

It was the right call firing Elle, she was absolutely useless, not sure she understands what she does for a living, part of me suspects she is in daddy’s business because no one else would have her.

i think you might be right…

Elle Stevenson
    Lives: London
    Elle describes herself as a “geezer bird” and says she is effervescent, passionate and maybe “a little insane”. Though she’s the youngest candidate of the group, she says those who know her would say she is older than her years. As well as teaching herself fluent Latin, she lists her biggest business achievement to date as her previous role as Operations Director of a construction company at just 20 years old. She cites Taylor Swift as her business inspiration, calling her “the best businesswoman of the 21st century”.
    She says: “I hate anything mediocre – I can’t be middle. I hate being the person that comes second… I’ve never been the person that comes second. I’d rather be the one who fell over at the start of the race and never make it to the finish line.”

razorrazoo

her previous role as Operations Director of a construction company at just 20 years old

I love this classic bulls&*t. Who becomes an ‘Ops Director’ at 20 unless you are bonafide genius, or have your own/family business where you can call yourself what you like whilst having no experience whatsoever. I’d wager almost 100% of future Ops Directors or similar are still in education at 20, let alone starting the journey up the career ladder.

It never ceases to amaze how a collection of ‘ahem’ ‘directors’, ‘executives’ and ‘business leaders’ find it genuinely difficult to talk coherently, use basic maths, articulate a true business benefit, overcome objection, manage a team etc etc.

Perhaps a more realistic bio;

Elle Stevenson
    Lives: With Mum and Dad, London
    Elle describes herself as a “bit wishy-washy” and says she is clueless but “that doesn’t matter as long as people think you know what you are doing”. Though she’s the youngest candidate of the group, she says those who know her would say she is no more stupid than the rest of them. As well as teaching herself fluent ‘business-speak’, she lists her biggest business achievement to date as her previous role flouncing around whilst everyone else wonders what she does at a construction company at just 20 years old. She cites Taylor Swift as her business inspiration, calling her “the best pop-singer of the 21st century, even better than Harry Styles from One Direction”.
    She says: “I’m mediocre – I can’t be middle. I hate being the person that comes second… I’ve never been the person that comes second, I usually forget to turn up, in fact what am I doing here? Wibble.”

rocketman
    Free Member

Great episode. Sugar’s prejudicial sterotypes are falling like flies.

I vote the bloke who says ‘specification’ a lot to win

gonzy
    Free Member

^^^ LMAO!! 😆
    razorrazoo should re-write the rest of the candidates statements!!

IdleJon
    Free Member

I vote the bloke who says ‘specification’ a lot to win

Is that the ex-forces bloke who can’t speak basic English. Instead of “We spoke to..” he said something like “We conducted a differential two-way exchange of alternating viewpoints which resulted in us not achieving our primary objective of purchasing said products..”

(I’m making that up, but it was similarly ridiculous.)

rocketman
    Free Member

Yup that’s him 🙂

He hasn’t said ‘passionate’ yet or ‘so much more to give’

curto80
    Free Member

Spot on. As I said to my wife last night, he talks like he swallowed one of those nonsense corporate manuals.

He used the most ridiculous sentence to say “we gave him a quote”. Can’t remember exactly what it was but pretty sure its the same example you’re thinking of above.

gonzy
    Free Member

He used the most ridiculous sentence to say “we gave him a quote”. Can’t remember exactly what it was but pretty sure its the same example you’re thinking of above.

yep….he “formulated” a lot of corporate bollocks speak yesterday

i dont think he will win….he doesn’t fit Lord Sugars specification.

sc-xc

Again, because it seems like i’m alone in my household with this…

[phone rings]Lord Sugar’s on the ‘ol dog and bone, he wants you in your best whistle and dahhn the battle cruiser in thirty minutes[/phone gets put down]

Great. We’ve got 30 miutes to get ready. Quick, let’s cook waffles/have a luxurious bubble bath, iron our tie, style up our moustaches, polish our shoes etc etc…

If someone told anyone in our house that a fleet of T5’s were gonna be outside in half an hour, it would be >5min curling one out, 10min fiding something presentable to throw on, and the rest of the tome telling each other to get out of the **** way.

Back on topic, the spiv done well last night. ‘Gun show’ builder will be dining off the time Sralan told him he could do his bathroom….and Brady can **** off after her vote on tax credits the other week.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

How come ol’ Sugar opens the door on his car to get out, doesn’t he pay his driver enough to get out and open his door?

Pook

I want to know why they always meet him as he’s coming out of the bogs.

somafunk

If someone phoned me at that time of the morning and told me to be outside in 30 mins my response may include the following Get yourself to ****, I’ll be outside in my own good time , probably why i don’t work for Alan Sugar/have a million in the bank (seriously……………..if this your genuine overreaching monetery desire then you are a ****) nor why i work more than 18hrs a week.

CheesybeanZ

Blondie needs to go – face like a smacked arse .

legend
    Free Member

Brett has self-preservated well here

beamers

Janner for the chop this week I think if he ends up in the boardroom.

CheesybeanZ

self-preservated

😆

CheesybeanZ

I can’t believe blondie escaped again .

mtbfix

Getting down to the nitty gritty now. Knives are out all over the place.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just seen this thread. Can’t believe I missed it before.

@cheezy me neither but she wasn’t brought into the board room. Sam has been pretty hopeless all along though.

benji
    Free Member

Blondie needs to go – face like a smacked arse .

Pretty much the same as Sam, not much good with the numbers and not over keen on getting stuck in and dirty.

I prefer her face to the american duck.

CheesybeanZ

She has got to go , what a horrible horrible creature .

mtbfix

Which one?

CheesybeanZ

Blondie – selina

Ro5ey
    Free Member

How do these people really get so wound up over such contrived tasks.

It’s a load of old rubbish…. But the acting in the boardroom is Oscar winning

CheesybeanZ

At last .

grahamt1980

She refused to go on the your Fired show on BBC2.

Can’t say I am surprised as they would have crucified her

CheesybeanZ

Its the interview round tonight , I predict plenty of squirming and tears .

Drac

24 Hours in A&E is on so The Apprentice has no chance. 😀

legend
    Free Member

I frickin love the interview round 🙂

chip
    Free Member

Baws, I couldn’t remember who went out last week so googled it.
    And inadvertently found out who goes tonight.

jimmy

Jo for the win?

CheesybeanZ

Daffy ducks sister for the win next week ?

sharkbait
    Free Member

LS is not going to put 250k into a local plumber when he’s got the option gambling on a big return from a potentially worldwide dating app.

wwaswas

he’s got the option gambling on a big return from a potentially worldwide dating app.

He’ll have to put a lot more than that in (or dilute his holding substantially) before he starts seeing a return – I think they’ll struggle to get the platform written for that, let alone market it etc.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘The apprentice.’ is closed to new replies.