Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • The 100th Tour de France
  • RealMan
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P8WcPjMMv8[/video]

http://www.velogames.com
    League Code: 15194340

A recap

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tdf-stage-21-an-ending

It’s time.

brakes
    Free Member

that time already?
    wow.
    let battle commence (in a couple of weeks).
    is excited.

Edric64
    Free Member

So who do we want to win.I would like another win for Evans before he retires

plumber
    Free Member

As long as its not a sky fest like last year I don’t care who wins. I just love the spectacle

Edric64
    Free Member

Im just reading Nicolas Roche`s book .I would like to see him do well

brakes
    Free Member

I’d like to see a breakaway win from a lesser known Brit, like Steve Cummings in the Vuelta last year.

juan
    Free Member

Funny thing is le tour having a stage to start in the most anti-cyclist town on earth…

zippykona

I’d like the winner to be someone who attacks in the mountains.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’d like the winner to be someone that isn’t DQ’ed ten years from now. Other than that may the best man win.

[edit]
    … and REALMAN; I expect you to keep on top of the daily tour preview posts, no slacking.

RealMan
    Free Member

I’d like to see a breakaway win from a lesser known Brit, like Steve Cummings in the Vuelta last year.

Ian Stannard?

… and REALMAN; I expect you to keep on top of the daily tour preview posts, no slacking.

I’ll do my best..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Winner? The best overall rider with a decent team and work ethic.
    The also rans? Those making suicidal attacks in the mountains because they haven’t done the work to get a lead before they get there.

As long as its not a sky fest like last year I don’t care who wins. I just love the spectacle

That may require a few other teams to step up a bit, nobody else seemed to have the organisation or the point man to get up there.

BristolPablo
    Free Member

It should be Contador vs Froome but there are so many other good riders who will make it a very entertaining tour without really having a chance of ousting those two.

Thibault Pinot is in cracking form so he’ll be one to watch on the mountains, being French and all that 100th edition thing he will be chased by Voeckler who will also want the mountain stages, especially the Bastille Day summit finish on Ventoux!, Jeremy Roy, Monfort, Ciolek appears to be riding well too, Van Garderen will probably lead BMC when Evans burns out at the start of the 3rd week and could be a top 5 finisher, Roche should finish in the top 15.

Throw in the likes of Sagan, Mollema, Fugslang (who was very impressive in the Dauphine), Dan Martin, Millar, Hushovd et al and its going to be fireworks right from the off with loads of possible stage winners.

Personally I’m glad Wiggo isnt riding, Froome should win it, Porte and Uran have been awesome this year and I think Sky have a stronger team than Saxo Bank so Contador will be reliant on Rogers and Sosrenson who just arent as strong. When it comes to one to one on the summit finishes, Froome can take Contador with those final km attacks.

brakes
    Free Member

Ian stannard?

don’t think he’ll be allowed

corroded
    Free Member

I’m firmly in the Anyone But Contador camp. Not overly fussed about GC – Froomey doesn’t fill me with enthusiasm. Three things I’d love to see:
    Cavendish in green
    Millar win a solo breakaway, perhaps in atrocious weather somewhere hilly
    Richie Porte establish himself as a team leader for 2014, probably at another team

Edric64
    Free Member

Roche is riding for Contador this year so that may compromise his own finishing position this year.As for the Brits Cav in green would be good I really dont care about Froome or Millar

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Richie Porte establish himself as a team leader for 2014, probably at another team

That would keep the locals happy, saw him most mornings having coffee after riding over winter. Nice bloke too by the sounds of it too.

llama

Going for a froome porte 1 2

With a bit of Manx and martin

And Jens is always in with a shout for a stage

cinnamon_girl

Any knowledge of TV coverage please? Please say BBC. 🙂

LMT
    Free Member

Its on ITV4 again, they have the rights for next few years.

Rapha hve produced some 100th tdf tops, not a fan of the jersey but i have ordered one of the t-shirts.

http://www.rapha.cc/la-centime-jersey/?cm_re=Homepage-_-MainCarousel-_-LaCentièmeJersey

cinnamon_girl

OK thanks. Darn ads to contend with. 😐

RealMan
    Free Member

UCI World ranking (16th June):
    1. Fabian Cancellara (Swiss./RadioShack) 351
    2. Peter SAGAN (SLOVAKIA/Cannondale) 329
    3. Vincenzo Nibali (/Astana) 322
    4. Chris Froome (Brit./Sky) 311
    5. Richie Porte (Austrian./Sky) 305
    6. Daniel Martin (./Garmin) 266
    7. Carlos Betancur (al./AG2R) 255
    8. Joaquim Rodriguez (Spanish/Katyusha) 247
    9. Michele Scarponi (/Lampre) 215
    10. Rui Costa (Portug./Movistar) 199

ampthill

I shall start by supporting Froome.

RealMan
    Free Member

I just hope he can keep his elbows in check.

swavis

My biggest worry is Sagan or Cav for my team. Head says Sagan as I think he’ll cope better in the mountains but I can’t leave Cav out…arrggghhh 😆

headfirst
    Free Member

As long as Tommy Voeckler has a week in yellow I’m not bothered who wins.

dannybgoode

Much more interested in the Green jersey.

IMO this is the harder win as the sprinters have a nightmare getting over the mountains and have to really compete the flat stages whereas the GC contenders have it relatively easy on the flat stages – they don’t need to push and can just be sheltered by their teams and find the climbing much easier (even if they push harder I still reckon they don’t suffer in the mountains like the sprinters do).

Plus, the sprinters are clearly mad…

Cavendish FTW!

Cheers

Danny B

sheffield43
    Free Member

Be nice for a French rider to win as it’s the 100th and they haven’t won it for so long but unlikely to happen.

headfirst
    Free Member

IMO this is the harder win as the sprinters have a nightmare getting over the mountains and have to really compete the flat stages

Hmmmm – I don’t agree with you danny – the sprinters get over the mountains in the ‘bus’/grupetto and the likes of Cav will have a rider dedicated to helping him through (it used to be Eisel, not sure who it is now at OPQS). If they don’t make it in the time limit the organisers usually ignore that rule! And they are protected on the flat stages and pulled to within less than 500 metres of the line before they do their ‘thing’. It is a mighty impressive and spectacular thing that they do, but I still think GC is where it’s at.

avdave2

Be nice for a French rider to win as it’s the 100th and they haven’t won it for so long but unlikely to happen.

Which will come first – A British Men’s Wimbledon champion or a French winner of Le Tour?

mrhoppy

Reigning champ is in. Managed to get Sagan and Cav in.

jamiea
    Free Member

LMT – Member
    … but i have ordered one of the t-shirts.

[img]http://www.rapha.cc/images/gallery/3897-03.jpg[/img]

Really?!?

Cheers,
    Jamie

DaRC_L

swavis + 1 I’ve never been a major fan of sprinting before this year but the battle for Green looks more interesting than either the Yellow or Polka Dot.

I’d prefer a proper battle for the Polka Dot in the mountains.
    I also hope for a good showing (and preferably a win) from Evans

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got Froome, Sagan and Cav with a lot of fillers…

YellowBelly
    Free Member

Looking forward to the RealMan daily threads already, Bring it on.

Is there a Fantasy ‘Sagan Stage win Celebration’? I’m going for the 360 with tail whip, whilst pinching a few pretty spectator girly bits on the way round.

atlaz
    Free Member

I think the whole spectacle should be interesting. Sagan is a genuine contender for the green jersey so it won’t just be Cav’s to lose. I think the big mountain battle between Froome and Contador as well as “wildcards” like Betancur will be fascinating. RSNT have confirmed Andy Schleck on the team so if he’s on form, he should also be interesting to throw into the mix in the big mountains with the Europcar duo of Rolland and Voeckler.

I still think Froome will probably win given the form of Sky this season and the fact that Saxo-Tinkoff have less support to give to Contador.

molgrips
    Free Member

This seems to be the offical RealMan thread, so.. Are we all behind Froome then, as Brits?

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll be very keen to read what David Walsh writes after his few weeks with Sky – IIRC it’s going to be in the Sunday Times this weekend.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Despite him being the Steve ‘interesting’ Davis of cycling I am fully behind Froome for the win. unless Richie Porte gets a sniff at which point my allegiance will shift rapidly.

Most interesting battle looks like Cavendish and Sagan for the green jersey. I expect Cav will have to win at every opportunity that he gets as I can see Sagan not winning many stages but potentially picking up points on all but the mountain top finishes.

Would it be greedy to expect Cav to win yet again in paris?

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Team Sky line-up

Chris Froome
    Geraint Thomas
    Peter Kennaugh
    Ian Stannard
    Richie Porte
    David Lopez
    Vasil Kiryienka
    Kanstantin Siutsou
    Edvald Boasson Hagen

rusty90
    Free Member

Lots of locos in that train!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘The 100th Tour de France’ is closed to new replies.