Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • That's it – I've reached the end of my tether (rantette content)
  • sharki
    Free Member

WTF is the Attack Stance!?

I did one of those to a cow at the top of Cavedale in the peak district as it was looking all agro at me.

Bit like this

As opposed to the more likely stance of the average STW’r.

emma82
    Free Member

Lol, that sumo is exactly what I look like when I squat. 🙄

sharki
    Free Member

It’s no wonder your hubby to be asked you to marry him then. 😉

I’d of asked first if i knew you like it like that.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Are those his pubes sticking out the side of his nappy?

emma82
    Free Member

That plus being a speccy 4 eyes, it’s no wonder men come falling at my feet daily 🙂

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Do you think it sounded anything like “Wolfie”? My neighbour has an aggressive German Shepherd called Wolfie and really needs a proper good shoeing.

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s it – I’ve reached the end of my tether…

💡

Invoice is in the post.

big_n_daft
    Free Member
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

interesting opions here, love the “how to get the pit bull off your kid / dog technique”

http://www.actionstunguns.com/dogproblems.htm

fathead
    Free Member

I own and have owned dogs! They are by law ment to be on a lead in public places and under control! I don’t care what breed it is or how many, a loud shout and a well placed kick dog or owner I’m not fazed. it really pisses me off whether im walking or on my bike! Dogs are Dogs owner’s on the other hand vary in level of intelligence!

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t come to Germany. Dogsh*t covering every bit of grass here 🙁

schnullelieber
    Free Member

I miss tandemjeremy a bit right now.

I’ve entered the thread criteria into the autoTJ app and it says:

Red Deer overpopulation is a severe and widespread problem in Scotland.

oops sorry wrong button…

Its really simple – the dog must be under control and its a criminal offense if it gives someone reasonable cause to be scared. Just causing annoyance and nuisance is wrong but is not a criminal offense just a civil one. Either way its an irresponsible dog owner.

There you go

cinnamon_girl

Blimey, didn’t expect such a response!

Some of your replies really did make me giggle, so that’s good. 😀

But I think owners just can’t be ar$ed to train a dog, after all some of them do like to have their iphone glued to their ear or their ipod stuck in their eardrums.

Thing is, I had a similar problem about a month ago there and resorted to attempting to kick the yapping creature cos I was sick of it being close to my front wheel.

I have actually ridden with a girl who is terrified of dogs. In fact, she will not actually ride on her own.

Oh, and TSY, I think it’s YOU who needs tethering … away from that keyboard of yours. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

cinnamon_girl

Lol 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I yetilicker

TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Very topical thread for me, was walking round to see my old ma last sunday when all of a sudden a border collie popped out from behind a hedge.
    I carried on walking along the pavement and it just went for me, lucky I had baggy old joggers on because it ripped a hole in them rather than my leg

It then ran into its house, knocked and spoke to the owner who was a very nice lady, but I was a bit shouty mostly due to shock and said i was going to call the old bill

Calmed down and went and saw ma, had a cuppa, decided against the old bill business and knocked at the house on my return. The owner was very apologetic, did say that perhaps she should muzzle the dog as it was obviously a tad dangerous. She was a bit weepy and said they were going to have it put down. Apparently the doq was nippy when younger and would never forgive herself if it attacked a child

All rather sad really, sort of wish I had just ignored it, but know how bad I would have felt if I read that a kid had been bitten and I could have prevented it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I yetibiter

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That got a giggle.

cinnamon_girl

In hindsight, as I was on my own, perhaps I shouldn’t have raised my voice at the owner. The easy option is always to ignore things but why shouldn’t you stand up and be counted?

Thankfully, I think this type of problem is encountered mainly where there is a public car park. Certainly on my X-C routes, I never have this problem.

drac – Yes, I would love to return to your beautiful county. 😀 But I have to say that last summer I definitely saw more people when riding. Could of course have been the valleys although fortunately my favourite descent, Whitefield Hill, was empty. 8)

cinnamon_girl

TSY – stop posting such ghastly pics. 🙁

darcy – do I have to nag for the latest pic of Molly? 😉

kevonakona
    Free Member

Wow what a bunch of tosspots some of you are. Killing dogs, lovely people. Tell you what come meet my dog he’s friendly and nice and a bit puppyish. Then you can attempt to kill him. But be warned i will take you apart bit by bit. Wa**ers!

I’m outta this forum.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Killing dogs, lovely people.

who? where?

Tell you what come meet my dog he’s friendly and nice and a bit puppyish

they always are….

Then you can attempt to kill him. But be warned i will take you apart bit by bit. Wa**ers!

more likely legging it to the car park before the plod turn up when your “puppy” gets over excited

I’m outta this forum.

nooo! stay please!

Merak

thejesmonddingo – Member
    I went into attack stance,I was rather hoping it would get free.
    Ian

Haw haw! Jesus Christ. Genuine laughter right there.

I was hoping it would get free too Ian. :mrgreen:

Guns and ammo ftw

nickf
    Free Member

They are by law ment to be on a lead in public places

I really shouldn’t rise to the bait.

The Control of Dogs Order 1992 requires all dogs, in a public place, to wear a collar which has the name & address of the owner on it (or on a tag attached to the collar).

My dogs comply with this. But I challenge you to find any piece of legislation that requires dogs to be kept on a lead.

There is one exception to this; The Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 empowers local authorities to designate areas of land (including footpaths) where dogs must be kept on a lead. These areas need to be well-signposted and are very limited in number; I’ve never seen one.

DezB
    Free Member

Blimey, that was a slight overreaction from kevonakona! I had to study the thread hard to find what he was on about … nutter!

ononeorange

I generally have no problems with dogs, I like them, but back in autumn was riding through the woods (yes, legal) when 3 nasty little yappy white things started barking at me. Two were just joining in but the third little s**t meant it – it tried to bite but I kicked at it and it ran off. Then it steamed back, straight in and bit my ankle. I was off my bike seeing red and running after it swearing my head off. The daft boot of an owner just gawped so I suggested that she might like to control it as it had bitten me – much like the sheep thread, she then denied it woould ever do such a thing so I showed her the blood running out of my ankle. She just walked off so I told her I would report it to the police who would find her and have her little treasure put to sleep. I didn’t but I hope that got through her thick skull.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘That's it – I've reached the end of my tether (rantette content)’ is closed to new replies.