Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • That bloke and his drop-off
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

remember, the one into the playground with the lip?

Has he ridden it yet?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Wasnt that coffeeking?

thebunk

Despite someone posting the Streetview link and my attempt to call all Glaswegians chicken, no takers yet.

Someone else can bump it this time

coffeeking
    Free Member

Yeah, it was me, and after lots of chickening out I ran it on-foot and decided it wasnt that tough at all – but I did my back in shortly after mentioning it. I'm nearly mended now so I'll give it a shot in the next day or two 🙂 Hope my NRS with 130mm forks can cope with a flat-landing with a 17stone chap on it 🙂

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

That's good 'cos I was worried I was gonna have to come up there and show you how to do it 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

Does anyone have a spare NRS front triangle, I fear my head tube may part company on this attempt 🙂

bruneep

I ran it on-foot

😆

jedi

don't presurise yourself to do it.

MrSparkle

Yeah, let others do that!

badnewz
    Free Member

don't presurise yourself to do it.

No we can do that instead.
    Just do it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Apparently CK can ride a fridge on a 7" bike so the drop should be no problem.

thebunk

Don't forget to get it filmed.

No pressure though.

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 a fridge with 7" is a piece of cake cynic, though I was thinking side-on 😆 😉

I went out in entirely the wrong frame of mind today, initially planned to be just a local tootle, then decided to attempt the drop. Again, I would happily ride this out on an open trail but somehow this one makes me baulk. It's the damn stone on top. And after a failed attempt I went for a spin and on the way home I thought I'd just ride off the simple 1ft step (with the same coping stone top) and ride off into the sunset. Unfotunately I managed to cock even that up, totally dead-sailor'd it, slipped off a pedal, bounced on my (now overly high after ride) saddle, snapped the post, sat on the back wheel and left holes in my inner thigh (seatpost) and shin (V8s). I knew that stone would kick up the rear end and screw up the whole lunch.

Today was not a good day, but I thought I'd make you all smile all the same! I promise to make a better attempt soon (or anyone else is welcome to visit and show me how!).

wors

****, i think you might need a new arse after ripping it to shreds on your back tyre!!

parkesie
    Free Member

Top bombing 🙂

Ouch!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

It was a spectacular fail wasn't it. Just off camera to the left is a second drop that I only just managed to stop for before flying off with a very high snapped seatpost 😯 Sometimes it flows nicely. Sometimes it really doesn't!

GEDA
    Free Member

Why on earth is your seat post so high???

trailmonkey

Thanks CK that's made my day 😆

Woody
    Free Member

Jeez man, have a Paramedic crew on standby when you go for the big one 😯 and 😆

coffeeking
    Free Member

Why on earth is your seat post so high???

Just been for a fling through the fields and was more bothered about setting up the camera on limited battery life than setting up the bike to not limit my life.

Thanks CK that's made my day

🙂 Glad it made you chuckle, it did me after I picked the bits of shorts out of my flesh! Passing kids wondered why I was sat on the wall laughing to myself.

Jeez man, have a Paramedic crew on standby when you go for the big one and

😆

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

love it. Very reminiscent of my riding generally.

GW
    Free Member

OMG! You have absolutely no common sense nevermind skill. stay away from parks!

2tyred

Was this last night?

Damn, I rode by there last night as well – gutted to have missed this!

coffeeking
    Free Member

How do you qualify that statement?

Was this last night?

Damn, I rode by there last night as well – gutted to have missed this!

Yup, I saw a few blokes out but no-one joined in.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

How do you qualify that statement?

You have watched the video, haven't you? 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

😀 It's not a common sense issue though! The high post didn't help but wasn't the cause of the bad launch, the slow entry speed and poor technique through clenched buttocks was.

2tyred

Its a bit gnarl-core for the road bike!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Its a bit gnarl-core for the road bike!

And for me 😀 Were you in a large group (5 or 6 or so) heading south?

2tyred

Club ride, headed home with a few others about 9ish so maybe.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Think I spotted you then, that would be about the time, yes.

allthepies
    Free Member

Wrong forum mate.

GW
    Free Member

It's not a common sense issue though!

the more you post the more obvious it's becoming that it quite clearly is!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wrong forum mate.

😆

the more you post the more obvious it's becoming that it quite clearly is!

You make absolutely no sense, never mind – I'm pleased you enjoyed poking fun 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

Looked to me like you pulled on the bars rather than pushing through the pedals, which is why the front dropped like a stone and gave you the rough landing. And trying anything like that for the first time I'd have the saddle dropped as low as possible.

thebunk

coffeeking, you are a god amongst men, just for attempting it and posting the video! Don't listen to the people telling you its easy – I don't see anyone else attempting it.

Keep trying, this is my favourite thread!

jam-bo

judging from that vid, its not going to be pretty when/if the OP does try it…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Lifer- you're correct, I did indeed make the cardinal sin and try to compensate for my lack of speed and the forks absorbing the lip by giving the bars a tug – bad plan. I could have ridden out of it if my right foot hadn't fallen off the back of the pedal, but it would never have been pretty!

thebunk – cheers! I gave up caring about looking good some years ago, now I just try to have a laugh and improve myself – I've had a few offers of people joining me to try it out so thats good! I'll keep the updates and vids coming of my nemesis!

jam bo – lol yes, it doesnt give much hope does it!? Lets see how I improve over the coming weeks.

alexxx
    Free Member

why not practise your drops somewhere more sensible?

namastebuzz
    Free Member

Good effort Coffeeking – well done!

Sam

It's looking like running off it may be the best option – work on your 'cross dismounts.
    😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘That bloke and his drop-off’ is closed to new replies.