Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Thankfully a rare injury (forehead/scalp meets rotor)
  • mrdestructo

For the weak of stomach, this link is NSFL. There’s a wide and long, angry looking gash on this self-pic by a rider who, having not explained exactly how, has pointed out it was a rotor injury:

View post on imgur.com

TimP
    Free Member

HOW????

Would you not be in danger of losing an ear in the spokes too to get a cut there??

mrdestructo

I just turned my bike upside down which has a 180mm rotor fitted, lowered my head onto the rotor and it will impact the rotor in the position in my scalp where his photo shows the injury. The tyre did scrape gently down my ear but not with enough force to deflect my head away from the rotor.

njee20
    Free Member

Ouch. If you will turn your bike upside down though… 🙂

wwaswas

why oh why was he not wearing a helmet?

DT78
    Free Member

darwin?

soma_rich
    Free Member

hub in a frame thats not built into a wheel with a rotor on it? Then he was looking too close?

But WHY?

poolman
    Free Member

I daren’t look at the link but have to fess up that I once bombed down a road hill on my mtb & wondered how hot the front rotor was after all the breaking on the bends. I lent over the bars at the bottom & put my fingers on the rotor – not a brilliant ideas, they burn yr skin.

continuity
    Free Member

/r/mtb, in my singletrackworld?

avdave2

So if you do turn your bike upside down to fix a puncture keep your helmet on!

user-removed
    Free Member

NSFL? Not Safe For Lunch? That guy is going to have a very odd hairstyle for a good while.

nols
    Free Member

comb-over time…

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Pmsl.

Sorry couldnt stop myself from laughing

atlaz
    Free Member

Wow. You’d have to be spectacularly dim-witted to have that happen

retro83
    Free Member

whatever you do, don’t look at this thread:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=53933&pagenum=1

_tom_
    Free Member

wide and long, angry looking gash

😆

spooky_b329

I steeled myself for a bloodied gory mess with bits of skull visible and maybe some folded back flaps of skin, and now I feel like I’ve been short changed 🙂 There is blood, but its not going to make your lunch come back up 🙂

Edit: Thats more like it, Retro83 🙂

D0NK

whatever you do, don’t look at this thread:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=53933&pagenum=1

oooh my, the human body really is a delicate instrument aint it?

fbk
    Free Member

That pinkbike thread really is……quite something! I feel a bit grim after the first page!

D0NK

I feel a bit grim after the first page!

check page 9 🙂

eyerideit
    Free Member

That’s a nasty thread, here’s a similar injury as the OP

bigyinn
    Free Member

I had to close the pink bike thread, the spelling was making me feel all untoward.

mrdestructo

The owner of the rotor wound finally returned to tell the story and posted a photo of his helmet.

He was riding down a hill and another lad was riding down the hill opposite and they didn’t see each other till the last minute, both shouted a warning but both turned into each other and collided. He went down over his bars and landed on the other riders rotor. The tyre marks on the side of his helmet, which incidentally pulled back exposing his scalp, show how feasible this freak accident is:

fenred
    Free Member

wide and long, angry looking gash

Complete headf**k!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Thankfully a rare injury (forehead/scalp meets rotor)’ is closed to new replies.