Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tent poles, where to get replacements?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I have a MSR tent, I've used it a couple of dozen times. I've just noticed that the end one of the poles is slightly splayed and split. I'm worried it will tear the sleeve it slides into. Can you buy replacement sections of poles as an aftermarket part, or do I have to go to the manufacturer?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well quick google gave me this site

http://www.traveloutdoorsleeds.co.uk/gelert-8.6mm-fibreglass-tent-pole-kit/

so it should be possible. Whether this is cheaper than the proper MSR stuff I've no idea.

nimrod2410
    Free Member

The elastic went in one of my tent poles. Took it to a local camping show and they had loads of spare poles etc. might be worth asking locally?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

the MSR importers are great

http://www.firstascent.co.uk

speak to Chris

they sorted me a replacement plastic pole hinge for free posted same day even after i admitted breaking it by being a bit of a tool.

nickname
    Free Member

Most outdoor shops sell spare poles, but they are may not be the same size / shape / material – that may not be a problem though (pole on my old tent broke so I replaced it with a cheapo one and it's fine).

First thing to try is to call some stockists for MSR (or MSR direct) and see if they stock them – MSR might even send you one for free (terra nova sent me some free spares).

Nonsense
    Free Member

I've worked for a number of outdoor type shops, on the shop floor and as a buyer. You can buy spare sections, ferrules, elastic whatever you like from shops. But I would go direct to the MSR importers if I were you. Likely to get the bits you need for free or at near cost.

midgebait
    Free Member

Just go to MSR to get the right part. I had a failure in a North Face tent and they sent a new pole and patched up where the pole had broken through the tent for about £20. That was a few years back and I'm not sure what MSR service is like but can't imagine it will be radically different.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks for that folks. I'll contact MSR tomorrow.

anagallis_arvensis

I would go to a shop and they will deal with manufacturer. I got a free pole for my north face tent via cotswolds

finners

what model of msr is it? is the pole alloy? what length and diameter is it? i have quite a few spares so may have one that would be suitable. wouldnt cost you anything, except from an stw pint….

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Wow. Its an MSR Ventana. Its a silver pole about 15 1/2 inches long. mail me at mcmoonter at yahoo dot co dot uk.

mavisto
    Free Member

I got a full set made by Outdoor World in Warrington about 10 years ago. They've lasted much longer than the originals, but it was a cheap tent anyway.

No idea if they still do that sort of thing.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tent poles, where to get replacements?’ is closed to new replies.