Home Forums Bike Forum Tenn Waterproof Shorts

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Tenn Waterproof Shorts
  • bonesetter
    Free Member

Are they a 3/4 length, or not?

Above the knee , or below?

Cheers

butcher

The ones I had weren’t 3/4 length. But they were a decent size. Baggy. On the knee. Not like schoolboy shorts or nowt.

MartynS

Had mine 2 months.
    The seams at the crotch and on the back have come apart, there’s also a hole appeared where I must make contact with the saddle.
    Sent pics back to the place they were bought from and waiting to see what they might do.

Oh, the ones I have are just above the knee..

AlasdairMc
    Free Member

I’ve ripped the arse out of two sets. The first was a medium, the second a large. You get what you pay for…

singlespeedstu

OP.
    They’ll be like hotpants on you. 8O

iainc

Bit of chat about them on my thread from a while back

here

The guy from tenn posted on it saying they are updating the shorts with a reinforced seat panel. I think they were due out soonish.

bonesetter
    Free Member

He he – yeah that’s everything I was thinking, and yes I’ve read the owner saying all will be better now, but seems as these are a non starter

grahamattenn
    Free Member

Hi Guys, Its Graham here from Tenn Outdoors again, having read the latest comments on our shorts, I thought I would give you an update.
    Last time I left a message it was because it had been brought to my attention that we had an issue with the Protean short seat area, I took this to the Development Dept and they got straight on with rectifying the problem, we are very sure we have got it nailed now, but as with everything it took a little bit of time. I will update everyone when the new protean shorts hit the shelves, it wont be too long now.
    Thanks for your understanding.

jonnym92

I’ve had mine for about a month now, probably done half a dozen rides on them.
    No issues. I like them so far.

bonesetter
    Free Member

While you’re on Graham, we need a 3/4 version – some of us are bashfull when exposing knees

Seriously though (although the above has something), knees need keeping warm in the winter, and while tights etc help, the crud of mud needs keeping off by the shorts

scandal42
    Free Member

I have a pair, although 3/4 would be better for mtb.

I hate the Tw*t gap you get on shorter shorts.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Mine have had the “blown seat” issues above, after really not a lot of use. I’d not buy the current design again, however cheap.

votchy
    Free Member

Nige, 3/4 bibs under waterproof shorts keep knees warm and crud off where necessary :D

bonesetter
    Free Member

Mark – I tried bibs once – the way I was speaking with them on I should have been called Nigella 8O

(Very long body – use your imagination)

I’ve got Lycra shorts which cover my knees (with built in knee warming soft comfy stuff), but if you get wet mud on those, they are then wet and therefore cold, especially with added windchill when JRA etc. The overshorts are a considerable barrier to this

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Same for me two sets seams gone in the arse area.

Good to see they are sorting it instead of phasing them out and pretending it never happened as most seem to do these days.

Garry_Lager

My pair going OK, although early days – abar 100 miles on them. Like the fit, so hope the aris holds up on them.

Tough on shorts riding at the moment, tbf – so much mud it’s like taking a scouring pad to the seat panel.

iainc

Mine have had around 20 muddy rides and been through 20 wash cycles and are one their way out on the seat panels. I reckon that’s ok for the £20 they cost and am looking forward to getting a pair of the updated ones when they come out.

bonesetter
    Free Member

^ you wash them after every ride??

alishand

I’ve had mine for a fair while now, and had no bother at all with them.

They are only £20 after all, but a great way to spend £20 in the current weather.

MartynS

Sent pics back to the place they were bought from and waiting to see what they might do.

It turns out what they have done is put a new pair of shorts in the post to me with a prepayed envelope to return the damaged ones so they can have a look at them.

can’t say fairer than that, so thank you Grahamattenn and i think it was Ryan we were dealing with (GF bought them so shes had all the contact with tenn)

Mine have had around 20 muddy rides and been through 20 wash cycles

blimey, I never washed mine, I just hosed them off!!

chris85
    Free Member

Mine lasted about 2, month before arse part got ripped out.. Not good shorts for this shit weather we having.. Buy some heavy duty road working pants and turn them into shorts, water proof and last forever and the fluorescent colours look cool as #@#@ 8)

iainc

^ you wash them after every ride??

yes, natural west of Scotland manky mud leaves them in a disgusting mess, so they go in machine with rest of kit after a quick hose down

asbrooks

I have a pair, Initially there was a problem with sizing. I’m a 32″ waist so I ordered medium. I struggled to do up them up. They were exchanged no problem for a Large pair. They fitted perfectly.
    After two rides the rear panel stitching gave way.

scotroutes

iainc – Member
    yes, natural west of Scotland manky mud leaves them in a disgusting mess, so they go in machine with rest of kit after a quick hose down

Am I permitted a smile here Iain?

iainc

you may indeed Colin :)

char34
    Free Member

had a pair 2 weeks 3 rides and stitching came apart on the arse area , wouldn’t buy another pair ,utter shite

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

More a look of sympathy required druidh, he’s in the Midlands, not the west…. :lol:

iainc

Not quite Banjo country right enough though close to the Ayrshire border :D

mike399
    Free Member

Has anyone used their waterproof trousers? Think they’re called ‘driven’?

Its either them or buy some ex RAF goretex?

jonk

Got the shorts and the trousers. The shorts didn’t last long before the arse seems went (about 10 rides in filth) and the trousers are now starting to show wear in the arse area after 5 wet and muddy rides, they also wet out very quickly and the DWR coating on the trousers has failed needing re-proofing. Not very impressed but i suppose you pays your money.

jonk

Contacted them on Friday and they are sending a new pair in the post today. I’d say thats excellent service. They make good stuff at good prices let down with longevity issues.

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve got some standard Tenn shorts, the zips are always jamming, the press studs have come off and the backside is heavily worn. If they spent more on quality than features it’d be a good idea but as it stands I wouldn’t buy any more of their stuff.

I work opposite a motorcycle shop so I’m going to see what they have that I might be able to butcher

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Tenn Waterproof Shorts’ is closed to new replies.