• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by tang.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Tempting fate….possible dry Mayhem
  • daznal
    Free Member

Just been checking the longrange forcast and there’s a possibility of a dry weekend,might have to alter my tyre plans.

allthepies
    Free Member

Now you’ve gone and done it…. 😈

Drac

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

That’s torn it !!!
    Mud tyres it is then 🙁

Toasty

It’s a dead cert, I’ve saved you all by laying a brand new lawn. It’s not going to rain for a couple of weeks now until it’s properly dead.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oops, I just started a duplicate thread.. sorry.. best close it.

The fine weather looks certain to last into early next week, but then things start to become messy. A breakdown of sorts looks to be on the cards during the middle part of the week meaning an increasing risk of rain, but the details aren’t really clear. Definitely a case of watching how things develop.

5thElefant
    Free Member

The owner of the venue is connected. Her mother is god’s representative for England.

Good weather is guaranteed.

letmetalktomark

You will all be fine.

The years I haven’t ridden have been bone dry – the ones I’ve ridden have been miserable and wet.

I’m not riding this year so you will all be treated to lovely bone dry trails that I will be kicking myself for not riding.

No need to all thank me now though ….

tang
    Free Member

I’m sitting here looking at the site right now, it’s absolutely beautiful.

jonny-m
    Free Member

It can’t be any worse than last year can it….

molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone know how much climbing per lap there is?

clubber
    Free Member

The same amount as the amount of descending.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

DRY!!

5thElefant
    Free Member

1000-odd feet I believe. The venue is a steep valley so expect lots of short steep stuff.

molgrips
    Free Member

Similar to last time then. Although 1000ft of short steep climbs is fairly brutal.

Phil_H

According to the course profile released a while back 380 meters per lap in 90 meter chunks.

molgrips
    Free Member

So four climbs then, ish.

Phil_H
    MrsToast
    Free Member

Traditionally, every 24 hour race I’ve taken part in has held off the rain until my first lap (with the exception of Mayhem last year, which decided to heap the misery on everybody equally).

This year I’m not racing, but Mr Toast is, so that, in conjunction with our frail new lawn, indicates that it will be warm and sunny.

HOWEVER, I will still be there, AND it also falls on my birthday, so I imagine I’ll be sitting in a sodden campsite with a miserable dog, weeping in the rain as I mourn my lost youth and the cruel onslaught on time.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Dry, you say? Oh, God……

molgrips
    Free Member

Just watched the course vid on facebook – doesn’t look particularly weather proof, I have to say.

jonny-m
    Free Member

Doesn’t look particularly good either to be honest, have to wait and see

emac65
    Free Member

I’m hoping that course will have a few tweaks to it by the weekend…

tang
    Free Member

Just spent all day working on the course. It’s beautiful and bone dry even after a soaking. Get your climbing legs on!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Tempting fate….possible dry Mayhem’ is closed to new replies.