Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Tell me something cool and interesting
  • BigJohn

Yes but as soon as you get a zero in an equation you’ll get an infinity and that’s the end. So some branches (the superstring and twistor guys) want to get it red carded.

takisawa2

In volumetric terms, air flows about 30 times more than water.

molgrips
    Free Member

Define size

Size is the quantity within a boundary. Infinite things have no boundary ergo size cannot be defined.

Some things in maths are undefined. 1/0 for instance – it’s not infinity, it’s undefined.

TiRed

Your body has more bacteria on/in it than you have cells making up you, so technically the bits that make you you are outnumbered by about 10:1

IanMunro
    Free Member

Infinite things aren’t any size at all, they’re infinite. So that’s a semantically invalid sentence you have there.

Nope, for instance infinite sets come in different sizes. So the infinite set of real numbers is bigger than the infinite set of integers.

supertacky
    Free Member

The Bible is the number one shoplifted book in America.

Go Figure!?!

RealMan
    Free Member

Size is the quantity within a boundary. Infinite things have no boundary ergo size cannot be defined.

An interesting definition of size, not one I’ve seen before.

google: “different sizes of infinity” (with quotes)

About 21,600 results.

For example, the set of the real numbers, R, and the set of the natural numbers, N

|R|>|N|

Even though both are infinite. They still have a “size”.

EDIT: uncannily beaten to it???

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Wild cherries give puppies explosive diahorrea.

Hutchinson Barracudas are not up to alpine riding.

I get to watch Fabien Barel riding this weekend.

rewski
    Free Member

Otters cry when they poo.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ah yes.. I was thinking of size as a physical property of course. Mathematics is a different kettle of fish 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Go Figure!?!

Punctuation rocks!

Drac

Wild cherries give puppies explosive diahorrea.

Someone bring me some puppies and a huge bag of wild cherries, now!

thehustler
    Free Member

Your eyeballs are the same size when you are born as when you die , thats why babies always ‘seem’ to have big eyes

Cougar

Elton John’s middle name is Hercules.

The widely accepted Internet ‘fact’ that “a duck’s quack has no echo and no-one knows why” is patent nonsense.

There is no risk of explosion from using your mobile phone at a petrol station, nor problems with equipment interference on aeroplanes and in hospital. There is, however, a large risk of you slopping fuel all over the place due to inattention, or being a loud annoying prick in a quiet place, hence the restrictions.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Planning a biking holiday in Orkney because it’s flat and therefore not much work is not as clever it seems – it’s windy as **** up there and due to some bizarre weather phenomenon, it’s always a headwind, never a tailwind

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘Tell me something cool and interesting’ is closed to new replies.