Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tell me agout Calgary in that Canada eh?
  • snowslave

OK, in the middle of doing some research, and resorted to cheating via this forum due to info overload. Off to the Rockies skiing beginning April, flying to Calgary with wife and 10 yr old girl. Plan is to take a couple of days chilling out before hitting the slopes. Any recommendations on hotels to stay at, places to visit in or around Calgary etc?

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

If you’ve got a couple of days….and seeing as you’re travelling with two females…. you could drive up to edmonton and visit west ed mall – the largest shopping mall in the world. Its about a 3 hour drive if I recall correctly. Bloody big shopping mall too I might add.

snowslave

Not big shopping fans to be honest, but ta anyway

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Was thinking about your missus and daughter. If it helps it has eight cinemas, ice rink, a hotel, five or 6 bars and best of all a shooting range.

grumm
    Free Member

Calgary seemed a pretty dull place tbh when we stopped off there for a night – some nice scenery nearby though.

plumber
    Free Member

I live in Calgary.

Tell me what you like to do and I’l try and recommend something

I’m moved here specifically to be near the mountains for boarding biking.

As a city I find it pretty unrewarding in the winter

In the summer its much nicer

Plum

rs
    Free Member

Back in October I stayed at the Emerald Lake Lodge which is just the other side of the rockies, about 30-40 mins from lake louise, it was very nice. Here’s some pics from my trip up the icefields parkway to get you stoked

marionheck
    Free Member

Plumber,

Can I email you a few questions, I am seriously thinking of trying to get a job out there in calgary and move over gone autumn.

Much appreciated.

Dave

willard

Calgary? Go see the Olympic park eh?

You could always head out to Banff and the three resorts round there, but it’s a 130km drive and if the weather’s bad, it can get nasty.

Banff’s nice though.

snowslave

Ok, ta for this. Plan is, we’re off skiing in Fernie beginning of April, arriving in Calgary on a Weds, only need to be in Fernie on Sat morning, so thought we’d spend rest of Weds chilling out, and then we’ve got Thurs and Fri to look around Calgary or maybe stop off somewhere en route to the Rockies.

Thinking of just checking out a couple of sights in the city, maybe some museums or something, some nice nosh, and maybe basing ourselves somewhere handy for the airport cos we’ll be picking up a car and driving across to Fernie.

Read a bit about the Bowman museum and the dinosaur park?

snowslave

Ooops, I mean the Glenbow museum, eh?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tell me agout Calgary in that Canada eh?’ is closed to new replies.