• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Tell me about teh Chicksands noodle van
  • flap_jack
    Free Member

Mentioned on another thread, is it there on a saturday ? Will it fuel me up to return to Woburn ?

Thanks

kayak23

Its usually there most weekend yes. The bloke always runs out of spring rolls but never seems to twig to come with more. Apart from that its all good…friendly bloke too.

tails
    Free Member

It sells noodles! I think it might sell thai curry and maybe satay. He uses a touch too much fish sauce.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Sounds perfect. He needs a mate at Woburn.

kayak23

Woburn is becoming a victim of its own success. The parking now is far more dangerous than it used to be. Now everyone squeezes onto the pavement opposite and has to cross a very fast road.
    Love the place though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

has to cross a very fast road.

you could always hold someone’s hand if its scary 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

you could always hold someone’s hand if its scary

yeah and ride a road bike all at the same time. 😉

robbo1234biking

Haven’t they improved parking at Woburn? they created some spaces in the layby just down the road

ampthill

Or you could park at the top of Sandy Lane and not need to go any where near the road

Its about a 1km or less of level smooth ride to the jumps. Or a whole heap of single track if you prefer

_tom_
    Free Member

The Woburn car park layby thing is a quick roll down the road, or a bit longer through a straight bit of singletrack. Annoying you can’t park right at the bottom of the jump/dh area any more though!

flap_jack
    Free Member

The jump park is the only bit I don’t use. XC jeyboy me.

br
    Free Member

Go for Green Thai Curry and ask for extra spring onions on top – also say you’d like it spicy/hot.

tails
    Free Member

I went for the thai green today and a satay, the satay’s are really nice with lots of lemon grass. Dual was ridable but god I hate jumps, did a little XC that was very soggy! Some of the bikes up there 😯 £££££

crotchrocket
    Free Member

personally I prefer the burger van at the Sandy Lane car park. a nice half pounder with egg, bacon, cheese & a coronary.
    All washed down with a NATO Std. Tea, sugars two, for drinking.
    Lovely 😀

fairhurst
    Free Member

hmm never been a supporter of take away food of any kind..

i always have taken a healthy option with me whilst out on my excursions.thus aiding in my cycling output.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Oarh! What about the Noodledung after’s though.
    and people complain about dog mess. 😛

DrP

If its more than 20 baht, you’re getting ripped off….

DrP

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about teh Chicksands noodle van’ is closed to new replies.