Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Team CRC to ride Nukeproof DH bikes in 2011!!!
  • fbk
    Free Member

Now there’s confidence in your new product, especially after using Intense bikes this year!

Clicky

I_Ache
    Free Member

Hardly a surprise is it?

GW
    Free Member

is it last month again already?

fbk
    Free Member

I guess it’s predictable but a brave move given the calibre of riders they’ve had on their books – be interesting to see who stays with them.

GW – haven’t seen this anywhere else & it’s billed as fresh news on Dirt. Sorry to bore you though – feel free to walk away 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Will it make Brant loaded?

mildred

I don’t particularly feel it’s brave move, more like the next step along the way; I think Brant has put a great deal of time and effort into getting the design and the numbers to add up. Couple that with fact a very good rider will flatter the design (remember this is a push bike not a F1 car) and what you have is a cost saving over buying in intense frames, and putting an in house product on the world stage.

packer
    Free Member

I think it is a “brave” move as it could well prompt their top riders to switch teams (perhaps to a new Intense factory team?), leaving Team CRC with pretty much nothing except a good manager.

ratherbeintobago

I think it is a “brave” move as it could well prompt their top riders to switch teams (perhaps to a new Intense factory team?), leaving Team CRC with pretty much nothing except a good manager.

Not that brave. I’d assume their wheels/suspension/transmission etc. suppliers will stay the same, as will the back room. Does the frame actually make that much difference, provided the weight is competitive & the suspension geometry works?

Andy

packer
    Free Member

You really think Chris Kovarik and Matti Lehikoinen will be happy to go from riding Intense to riding Nuke Proof?
    Regardless of how good the bikes are, they have their CVs to think of and Intense are a very big name to lose.

I think there’s a very good chance they will both leave the team. We’ll see soon I guess.

Personally I hope the team stays as it is as I’d like to see Nuke Proof do well.

nasher
    Free Member

Nige and the team are here in San Remoand Val Argentina

Will get to ride their AM bikes on thursday..they look well nice and very light.

kaesae
    Free Member

Better of riding some giant chickens, or donkeys with wheels. I hope they have good riders because they wil need them!

carbon337
    Free Member

I’ve been checking the Nukeproof website for weeks and its still in development. Would have been good for that to go live today with this announcement.

Digger90
    Free Member

Kovarik and Lehikoinen ride for Chain Reaction though, not Intense… if they were that good they’d ride for Santa Cruz, Commencal, Specialized or one of the bigger teams.

Chain Reaction is a mail order retailer – it’s like saying they ride for Tesco’s, not for Kellogs or Heinz (the manufacturers) if you get my drift….

Anyway, the team riding Nuke Proof bikes in 2011 has been expected for a looooong time. CRC owns Nuke Proof or the vast majority of it, so they’ll be promoting those frames on their Web site in pride of place. They should be pretty good frames too, from all the R&D and testing that’s gone into them… and sold at a pretty good price (hopefully).

chakaping
    Free Member

Chain Reaction is a mail order retailer – it’s like saying they ride for Tesco’s, not for Kellogs or Heinz (the manufacturers) if you get my drift….

True, but neither Tesco or CRC are short of a bob or two.

The riders might miss having the choice of about the two dozen or DH bikes that Intense manufacture though.

ratherbeintobago

You really think Chris Kovarik and Matti Lehikoinen will be happy to go from riding Intense to riding Nuke Proof?

I think they’ll look at the package & not just the frame.

Andy

crotchrocket
    Free Member

A bit like my wife watching the male sprinters in dehli

martinxyz
    Free Member

lol.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

It’s heartening to see a debate about a WC DH team on singletrack, I guess there is hope after all. But it’s strange to read some of the comments, as if the pro riders are soccer players or something.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Team CRC to ride Nukeproof DH bikes in 2011!!!’ is closed to new replies.