Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • talking about politics today…………shame content
  • ton

we were talking about poitics today at work….it got a bit heated (i was not involved in this bit)
    anyway, i tried to calm the blokes down and one told me to '**** off, your a **** conservative anyway'.
    i asked him how so……he said 'cos you own your own house, and because you come from a council estate you should be ashamed to do so'.
    he said that the hobbies i had were middleclass hobbies???

i was lost for words, and came away a bit shocked…
    please please tell me that he is not right………..how can a bloke the retches at the sight of thatcher be a conservative.
    and i hate the colour blue too.

Free Member

Did he look like this Ton?

Ashamed to come from a 'council estate'. What a plank.

Drac

People spurt some utter shite when angry, just wait and see on this thread.

Talkemada
    Free Member

he said 'cos you own your own house, and because you come from a council estate you should be ashamed to do so'.

Shitting hell. That's some strange reasoning there….

Granted, you have some right-wing views Ton, but sounds like the bloke was a tad wound up…

Mountain biking is a Middle-Class hobby though. Not to say us Council-Estate scum can't try to better ourselves and give it a go though, eh? 😉

falkirk-mark

You should have knocked shit out of him then he would have thought you were BNP

ton

i think he was saying i should be ashamed to have bought a house, rather than rented one??

Houns

Sounds like he's a bit jealous, was hot headed and that was the only 'insult' he could come up with at the time

El-bent
    Free Member

Just because you want to better yourself, doesn't mean you'll vote accordingly. I too came from a council estate and now would be viewed as middle class.

I remember the working class roots that I came from, but unlike some people didn't want to be permanently rooted in it.

zaskar
    Free Member

Sounds jealous and there are a lot of them who don't realise they have the option to better themselves and what they have now.

zokes
    Free Member

Oh Oh Oh! You home-owner you!

tails
    Free Member

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The geezer was absolutely spot on ton. Your man obviously knows what's what, and he's figured out that you've got no class consciousness.

Why I bet you probably even read the Guardian……….with your poncey middle-class hobbies, and fancy non-council estate ways 😐

Yeah, he's got you well sussed out mate………….he sounds like a right smart character to me 8)

john_drummer
    Free Member

green-eyed monster methinks. ignore

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

He was just angry. Nowt wrong with being Middle,or Working Class.

Talkemada
    Free Member

What about Yoga Class?

donsimon
    Free Member

Owning your own house doesn't make you middle class. Wasn't that just one of Thatcher's vote winning tricks? I'm a home owner and therefore must be tory and therefore better than you, type thing?? Also catching the "now you've got a mortgage, you'll think twice before going on strike" crowd.
    I don't think the class system really exist now anyway.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ignore

I'm sure ton does that anyway, note :

"( was not involved in this bit) anyway, i tried to calm the blokes down"

I bet ton doesn't even sit with the lads during tea breaks. He probably has a "coffee" with management. He's a counter manager or some other such high-falutin job.

He probably sings : "the working-class can kiss my arse, I've got a gaffer's job at last" 😐

ton

ernie………i am the management
    and i do not allow them tea breaks……..ffs time is money… 🙄

do you think i get all my bike money from being sat on my ar5e supping coffee??
    you right i do,i let the lad's earn the money for me…… 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I've never read you expressing a view on here which was not "conservative with a small c". That tells me nothing about your voting habits though. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

That is a lovely set of trolls tails. Yours? An old flatmate used to love trolls. She had a little collection.

ton

fred, right wing…me…how?

Talkemada
    Free Member

How indeed Ton; how indeed…

tails
    Free Member

That is a lovely set of trolls tails. Yours? An old flatmate used to love trolls. She had a little collection.

Na google images owns them.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Oh…

tiger_roach
    Free Member

So all home owners are Tory? Fantastic! Are all renters Labour? You could have some fun ripping them apart but then you have to work with them; I think you must work with a different sort of person to me.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You could have some fun ripping them apart but then you have to work with them

It sounds to me like it was the other lads what had all the fun – ripping ton apart.

He seems well gutted that his shameful betrayal has been exposed :

"i was lost for words, and came away a bit shocked"

….and quite right too, imo 😐

ton

ernie………youve still got that bombadillo itch…….haven't you ❓

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie………youve still got that bombadillo itch…….haven't you

Me have the bombadillo itch ? Nah mate ……bombadillo was never me.

He was a right pig-ignorant Tory racist……………think he got banned in the end.

💡 ……..maybe you've got the "bombadillo itch" ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

i was lost for words, and came away a bit shocked

I suppose there's a first for everything. In what has been a weird day, I shouldn't be surprised at the above. 🙂

Talkemada
    Free Member

Ear, DD; my wife's got some news for you….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

my wife's got some news for you….

😐

I know mate, we've already talked about it….

ton

ernie……….go on, admit it. you have….haven't you ❓

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounds like you're the one with the itch ton.

ton

dd……….no i am the itch 😆

Talkemada
    Free Member

I know mate, we've already talked about it….

What are you going to do? I mean, I'm not having her in the house any more. Plus with her being Cathlolic.. 😕

She's round her sister's (she's a cah she is). Their mum's going round there later, so it'll be like a scene out of Macbeth I expect…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

no i am the itch

Oh, come on ton – don't talk yourself down like that. Now I know you've a bad day and you have been humiliated by the lads, but I'm sure that you are more than just an "itch"

…..did one of them really say, "**** off, you're a **** conservative anyway" ? 😀

ton

he did indeed…….and it hurt.
    cos i think..he may be right…… 😥

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well you can sort that out.

Start off by, going into work on monday morning and telling the governor to poke his "counter manager" job right up his arse……say that you want to be back on the shop floor with the lads.

That's what I would do.

Let us know how you got on.

cogglepin

Nice one Ton, thats two out of the three!

ton

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘talking about politics today…………shame content’ is closed to new replies.