Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Talk to me about Orange Crush's
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

what are they designed for as such?? are they a all mountain type hardtail, like the carbon 456, and cotic soul to some extent?

in my quest for a new h/t ive overlooked orange and at 349 for the frame only it seems a pretty good deal, and its in matt black too which is a bonus!

was toying the idea of C456, but as mentioned previously this would be my only bike, i need it to be half decent climbing etc, and i think it runs 140mm as standard which is great as i wont need to buy anything new! it also has a 30.9mm seat tube so can get a reverb for it!

any pics/info appreciated, really dont see these bikes mentioned anywhere on this forum

philfive
    Free Member

My old one used to be brilliant, i beleive that it was that well built it would be the only thing to survive a nuclear attack.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I haven’t had one but have ridden one a few times. My best buddy had one before he sadly passed away earlier this year. I reckon they are good for pretty much anything (all day XC, light DH and jumps). Lots of fun. I crashed within minutes of getting on one for the first time by just trying something stupid that I hadn’t done for years (180 bunny hop into rockwalk for those that are over 40 and had BMX’s). Just get shot of those minging Avid Elixers and shimano hubs (2010 model) and she’s a winner. 🙂

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i’d be using it as a only bike, coming from a five, orange say its pretty much the same as a five minus the rear suspension (geometry is pretty much the same etc) and its designed around 140mm forks…

sizing im on a 18″ five at the mo and the crush is only 17″ or 19″, so im guessing at 6ft id probably need a 19″

it would be used around the peak (some techy stuff, lots of rocky stuff and lots of climbing) so i need it to be a pretty good all rounder….orange say if you can climb on a five well then this shouldnt be any different really, but probably about 5lbs lighter in my current build

richyb78
    Free Member

I have the 2011 model and love it. Lots of fun on the downs and climbs pretty well. not the most hardcore of long travel hardtails but perfect for the type of riding i do.

Having said that you can get the new BFE frame for £329!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

richyb cheers – what sort of riding do you do? with it being a l/t hardtail im sure it would be fine at 140mm around the peak, my mate runs a anthem 100mm f/s around there all the time and never really complains, so im sure it would be fine

richyb78
    Free Member

Oh year dont get me wrong, great for XC/trail centres etc i think i just meant with the full build you get a fairly cheap wheel set etc. which obviously isnt an issue if just buying the frame.

richyb78
    Free Member

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I had one and liked it. But I swapped the frame for a second hand MK1 Soul which is much nicer. I run the Soul with a 140mm fork and the handling is great. I don’t miss the Crush at all.

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re nice, although I generally prefer a steel LT HT as they are a bit more comfortable if riding it all day.

chestrockwell

My friend’s got one and thinks it’s ace. Go for it!

crush83
    Free Member

hay there,

I have a 2011 crush. im 6′ dead and ride a 21” frame.

i think its fantastic! done everything from FOD to W2 on it. it can easy handle everything I can throw at it. i dont have a problem with the brakes just need to change the pads regular but i have distroyed the hub on my rear wheel ( prob due to me being a fatty(110 kg))

i also use it to commute to work on, only 2 miles, with massive tyres (2.4 High roller 2’s).

I have goten rid of the OE handlebars for carbon items, new grips, saddle, SPD’s and added a bionicon v2 chain guide. and she is lovely, firm and responsive. i am looking at getting a five as my next bike (or maybe a knolly if i can afford it) and having this as my fun bike! it picks up speed real fast too and is not to bad on the uphills.

i am at work now so cant post pics but i will throw a few up when i get home on lunch!

Chris!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers chris – 21″?!?!?! hmmm thats thrown a spanner in the works, i was looking at a 17″ or 19″ at 6ft, is that not mahoooooosive?

apprecaite the pics when you get chance

richyb78
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 33″ leg and my 17″ fits me perfectly.

spuddle
    Free Member

Im 6’0 and used to have a 2010 19″ that was perfect for my size

rob2
    Free Member

you can get the frame for only £199 at the minute. Quite tempted myself by one… if I didn’t already have three hardtails!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get a C456, much better.

matther01
    Free Member

I had 2010 17″ and at 5’9″ it was not comfy at all.

Had to sell it after a year due to the harsh ride and lack of breathing room on the ups :roll:(even with a longer stem than the stock 60mm).

Don’t get me wrong, it was a beauty to behold but just not for me. Really should have been a case of ride before you buy.

igrf
    Free Member

They are nice, very cool bike a mate rides one, good winter bike.

crush83
    Free Member

Had to sell it after a year due to the harsh ride and lack of breathing room on the ups :roll:(even with a longer stem than the stock 60mm

thats why i have the 21” frame, nice breathing room! i had a go on a mates 18” on one 456 and it felt bigger than mine. all the mesurements fit me ok it may be slightly large but i can still get behind the saddle and as had been said before it is a stiff ride but thats how i like it!!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

some interesting points – looking at the geometry etc for the 19″ crush, its effectively the same as a 18″ five, so it should’nt be any different really?

rob – where have you seen them at 199?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

any more thoughts of this over a carbon 456? is it a very similar bike to the c456 (other than carbon of course)?

similar ride etc?

i can get the crush much cheaper at my LBS

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

I have a 17″ Crush 2010
    Great frame.

I got a soul frame to build after christmas.

Ill be selling the Orange crush frame after Christmas. £150 – reasonable nick

will have loads of other bits as well when I strip it down

eGn

organdonor
    Free Member
    crush83
    Free Member

Ok a few pics, sorry they are not great but i lost alot of pics when my phone got changed this year.

from this…

to this…. (without carbon bars)

Cwmcarn 2011

new tyres

and with spd’s

Bionicon guide

A few pics from Sherwood Pines . . . .

And the obligatory comedy face pulling!

crush83
    Free Member

21” frame

and it still fits in a polo hire car!

New Superstar wheel and hub

better pic of the USE ATOM bars

crush83
    Free Member

If you want any specific pics let me know!

rob2
    Free Member

They are 199 at the bikescene.co.uk see linky above

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cheers for the pics crush, looks great! Gonna have a long think about it, its defo the cheapest way I can get onto a decent 140mm hardtail

Cheers rob, not sure id need a 21 and 19″s and sold out but thanks all the same

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Cheers for the pics crush, looks great! Gonna have a long think about it, its defo the cheapest way I can get onto a decent 140mm hardtail

If you really want a 140mm hardtail, a 456 evo is cheaper and undoubtably better.

h4muf
    Free Member

456 Evo FTW!

crush83
    Free Member

Op, where are you? If your anywhere near lincoln or Sherwood pines you can come have a look.

xiphon
    Free Member

Awesome fun hardtails. Can take quite a beating (used it as a DH race HT for a while)..

2007 frame (17″)…

Merak

Worst.outfit.ever.

crush83
    Free Member

Worst.outfit.ever.

What’s wrong with it lol?

watsontony
    Free Member

What’s wrong with it lol?

really?

crush83
    Free Member

Educate me 🙂

kristoff
    Free Member

Yea, because when you go out riding its all about looking good….. Really? :/

PrinceJohn

Have you looked at the p7 also by orange? Comes with 140 mm travel forks & possibly slightly more xc oriented than the crush

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Orange Crush's’ is closed to new replies.