Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Talk to me about Do it all mountain bikes
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I am kind of realising I dont bounce anymore and my DH FR days are kind of numbered after 2 bad crashes… im toying wiht the idea of an AM bike, what would you recommend? So far my list is an Intense 6.6 not sure about other intense range, possibly an enduro SL? any advice on what could suit the bil would be great! cheers

shinsplints

Didn’t “Do it all” go out of business ? I don’t think they sold MTB’s there anyway did they ? Just paint & creosote & stuff ? 😉

shinsplints

(in serious mode) Prophet seems a good compromise with the XC/AM adjustable geometry.Seem v popular on here.

Nobby

575?

freeridenick
    Free Member

Trek remedy

renster
    Free Member

Rize?

retro83
    Free Member

Meta 5 or 6

simonralli2
    Free Member

Lapierre Zesty?

rj
    Free Member

2nd the Remedy

GrumpyDave
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Heckler?

mikey74
    Free Member

Mythic Rune: I have one and love it, but one guy in Canada, in the same week, rode one to third place in a BC Cup DH race and then rode a 70km enduro on the same bike, all he did was change the tyres – Now that is the very definition of a “do-it-all” bike.

mikey74
    Free Member

Didn’t “Do it all” go out of business ? I don’t think they sold MTB’s there anyway did they ? Just paint & creosote & stuff ?

Nah, Do it All was acquired by “All-mountain” in a hostile takeover

jimmy

From experience, a Heckler or Enduro have done-it-all well for me. Heckler feels burlier for AM/DH, Enduro feels lighter for XC/AM, but I’m sure they would both cope with anything the other does.

chakaping
    Free Member

I bought a 2008 Reign 1 in the sales for £1,100 and put a Talas 36 and my own kit on it, the result is a fantastic “all-mountain” bike which climbs beautifully, handles a bit of light DH and weighs less than most of my friends 5.5in bikes.

You could do same with current Reign 2 (higher models have DHX air instead of RP2), or wait a few months until the 2009s are being sold off.

catnash
    Free Member

Same here, not as nuts as I used to be. Have had a 575, heckler and presently Enduro SL, the hecklers short top tube and shorter wheelbase got me selling it for another enduro SL. Cracking bike mind you it wasnt as maintenence free as I thought, bolts snapping bearings getting stuck in the frame. The 575 I had never lived up to the hype, even with set up with Yeti. The enduro does me just fine and the e150 fork is super plush and easy to maintain. Mind you I will be getting a cheap hardtail P2AM to use on winter night rides.

mark_b
    Free Member

😀 you cannot be serious !

Daffy

Mojo?

thepodge
    Free Member

mikey74 – Nah, Do it All was acquired by “All-mountain” in a hostile takeover

didn’t Boots buy it for a quid? i’m sure some one did.

Trimix
    Free Member

Depends how much uphill you want to ride.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’ve ride a 6.6 and I love how it rides. I ride pretty much everything on it, and it seems to handle it all well. (Although I have a VP Free for more DH type stuff.)

radoggair
    Free Member

come on, how has no one mentioned turner 5 spot by now, the ultimate do everything bike!!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Yes Mark I am serious 🙂 Cant take anymore accidents and as such DH is not for me! or the kids or my wife. Fun while it lasted though

aw
    Free Member

Hardtail I think if you want to climb stuff (and can still go downhill)

loddrik
    Free Member

gotta be a Ti hardtail.

Rambo
    Free Member

I think the responses so far highlight that any bike can ‘do it all’.

If you’re not sure line up a bunch of test rides and see which ones make you smile.

mamadirt
    Free Member

pulls up a chair

Hmmmm, I would’ve thought your Bottlerocket would be pretty much up there, with an air shock fitted – I’m considering one myself – shame yours is a medium. 6.6 is a cracking ride – I’d love one but I think even a small would be slightly too long for me as I’d want to do a bit of d/h on it too. What about a Tracer?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

The Bottlerocket is my mates who I work with also.

I would be selling this for the AM bike. I love the thing but just not what I need, taken me a long time to realise

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-swap-commencal-furious-2008-ti-rocco-tech-v2s-gravity-wheels-thomson-etc

sockpuppet
    mamadirt
    Free Member

Wow . . . I like 8) . . . wanders off to search for Furious frame

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Talk to me about Do it all mountain bikes’ is closed to new replies.