Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tactic Tesla EVO AM Wheelset – any good
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Tactic Tesla EVO AM Wheelset

Anyone tried them out – relaibility etc

See amazing value and good width and weight

Is the hub noisier than hopes?

Oli

chakaping
    Free Member

Got a set in 29in flavour.

Very nice quality, good weight, quick engagement, hub quieter than hopes, more of a whirring than clicking.

Not mega stiff, but about what you’d expect from the weight. That aspect would be better in smaller sizes of course.

superfli
    Free Member

Recently got a set of 650b. Only used them once mind.
    They seem very well built. Laser etched writing on the rim rather than sticker (meaning they should look good for longer), extremely easy for tubeless (2 tyres I have used I could have pumped up with a trailside handpump), a lovely whirring noise similar to CK hubs instead of the loud clicks on Hope/Switch hubs.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Just trying to decide between these and a pair of Stans and hope hubs which are going to be at least £60 – £70 more

Oli

fr0sty125
    Free Member

BTW if you want 650b and not bothered by having the tesla quick engagement then the switch Ultra ones in black are £150.

http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/switch28-tactic-wheelset-clearance.htm

(EDIT)

Also the Switch ultralite tactic wheel sets have a front hub that is stated 98g lighter than the tactic. £200

superfli
    Free Member

28 hole though I presume?

Mbnut
    Free Member

Am I alone in stripping tesla freehubs with 200 miles and the bits not only ruining the rides but chewing up the hub body??

Tesla rear hubs are a serious no go area for me now… been riding 20 years and the worst product yet…

The Switch hubs I have are not exciting but at least they work.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Any other view on longevity of tesla hubs?

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Only experience with Switch hubs which just work.

Mbnut
    Free Member

Had the Tesla, got Tesla Evo replacements…. all terrible.

I support SS as British etc but they need to withdraw these hubs.

As mentioned, Switch ok.

I packed my new Hopes with good grease and very little noise.

deviant
    Free Member

My Tesla Evo rear has been fine, took the freehub off when I got it, put some extra grease in as others have advised doing on similar hubs like Hope and also specced the steel freehub body when ordering the wheel, seemed daft not to on a 30lb+ bike….tough as old boots now.
    Great wheelset.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tactic Tesla EVO AM Wheelset – any good’ is closed to new replies.