Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tablets – help me buy one please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Hi all, I want to get the missus a tablet for web surfing mainly. I have seen that Amazon are offering the fire HD for £100 but am willing to spend more if i can get a better spec. I only need a wifi version as will be used mainly in the home

Any advice appreciated!

Ta

somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just bought my niece an Asus Memopad HD 7.

Nice form factor, largely the same as a Nexus 7 as Asus make that as well, reasonably good spec and some nice accessories available. Only £120 after cash back at PC World.

Try and avoid the HP slate they have on offer for £99 at the moment as it’s a weird screen size/res.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’ve just bought two nexus 7 gen one 16gb for £220 from Morgan computers. Open Box 6m warranty.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers guys

Cougar

Is used an option? I’ve got an iPad 2 for sale (assuming I can ever be arsed to write up an advert).

sharkbait
    Free Member

Big C I’ve a mate who’s looking for a used iPad and a 2 would be fine. If you can mash your fingers onto your keyboard email me with what it is and how much your after.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cougar, possibly depending on condition?

footflaps

I bought an iPad Mini Retina last week and am blown away by the size, weight, design of the thing – tis quite a thing of beauty and iOS 7 is really nice to use. Makes my 1st gen iPad look pretty agricultural…

Cougar

Cougar, possibly depending on condition?

Well, it’s been well used, but looked after. There’s a few very light scratches to the screen but they’re not noticeable in normal use; we didn’t know they were there until we specifically went looking for them to check it. Far as I know it’s immaculate other than that.

There’s a pink smartcase thing with it, and a designer purple leather (I think) folio case. Still got the box too. Flashed to iOS 7.something, whatever the current variant is.

Price, I dunno, £200 posted? Seems to be about the going rate on eBay.

xcgb
    Free Member

Sounds fair I’ll ask the missus

Ta

unovolo
    Free Member

If you can get past the ‘Tesco’ thing(some people cannot) then the Hudl is a pretty good bit of kit.

My daughter wanted a Ipad Mini but funds would not stretch that far so got her the Hudl instead.

She’s madeup with it and having had a good look over it ,its definetly worth the money, and have previously owned a Ipad(original),Ipad Mini and currently a Nexus 7 feel that it compares well.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

For basic use the Hudl might work for you, but a 2012 Nexus isn’t much dearer and in my view is a better device. Tesco are doing money off codes at the moment so the new Nexus 7 works out to about £180 I think. There is money off iPads too.

peterich
    Free Member

I just got my daughter a Gemini 7inch one off very.com seems really good on spec
    its 69.99 but if you open an acc with them they credit you £30.00 making it a right bargain

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers chaps I will continue the search!

kayak23

Nexus 7 first gen is £129 at argos currently. I’m writing this with one…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tablets – help me buy one please!’ is closed to new replies.