Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Swarm of bees in the garden today, pic
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Pretty impressive I thought

bear-uk
    Free Member

Wow.

Drac

Excellent!

joat

A local bee-keeper would be interested if they’re still there, there’ll be a queen in the middle somewhere ready to start a new hive.

redstripe
    Free Member

I phoned up the local bee bloke this morning but his wife said he was out doing his day job and hasn’t called back, the swarm is about 1/2 the size now since pic was taken. Scared the resident Panda away though.

garage-dweller

Wow, they look big?! Are you in the UK or somewhere more exotic?

My childhood neighbours used to keep bees (possibly still do). As a kid I disliked honey intensely and got stung on the eyelid just before going on holiday at about 4 years old. I hated bees, wasps, hornets with a passion for a long time.

Now I think bees are incredible and want to encourage them into the garden. I was mortified when the local badger dug up a bumble bee nest in the garden last year to get to the larvae during a dry spell.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Scared the resident Panda away though.

Are you in the UK or somewhere more exotic?

You are Dr Watson and I claim my 5 shillings.

garage-dweller

You are Dr Watson and I claim my 5 shillings.

Ah I see Holmes, I thought the Panda was in fact a red herring but with your superior sleuth’s nose you have clearly detected something fishy in my analysis.

But please man, leave the violin in it’s case.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought the Panda was in fact a red herring

A dastardly trick ?!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I want to be a beekeeper when I grow up. I want to keep bees, I don’t want them to get away.

I like my women like I like my coffee…. covered in bees!

redstripe
    Free Member

Well they have all just taken off and gone somewhere else. The Panda hasn’t returned to the bamboo yet.

mudshark
    Free Member

My neighbour just came around asking if I knew what to do with the bees that have just arrived, his wife was on the phone to pest control. I pointed them here:

http://www.bbka.org.uk/help/find_a_swarm_coordinator.php

fasthaggis

Scared the resident Panda away though.

I have always wanted to use that line,well that one or,le singe est dans l’arbre
    (Eddie Izzard) 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

certain worker bees, called “scouts,” begin to canvass the surrounding territory

Like a EU referendum door knocker?

globalti
    Free Member

Can’t you just encourage them to hang around a bit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Swarm of bees in the garden today, pic’ is closed to new replies.