Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Swansea Urban Downhill thing
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Seems to be attracting a fair number of folk to watch, shame the weather has been uncooperative but has dried out now, not sure what the riders thought of the sharp climb 🙂 Anyone else see any of it?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Course was pretty dire in my opinion. Loads of steps, tight sections etc. they could have utilised, but instead it was just a big hill to bomb and a lot of pedalling. Oh and that awful flat bank to flat bank jump.

float
    Free Member

yep, definitely couldve been better, but a cool thing to have in swansea. it just needed more features, a big drop wouldve been cool on the big hill and some turns across the hill wouldve made it a prime watching position. top of the course was pretty sweet, watching the fast boys throw themselves down the first steps was mental.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Awe, I never went up the top! I watched the big hill and the jump. Should have gone up the top.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Haven’t we seen a video of a downhill through an urban slum on here loads of times? I thought that was Swansea. No? Weather too nice?

MKCHRIS
    Free Member

There We Are Then 🙄

Pigface
    Free Member

You cheeky little leprechaun 🙂

grantway
    Free Member

Any videos then !

float
    Free Member

saw a few people wearing go pro/contours and loads of people waving cameras around so there hopefully should be a video up at some point. my camera was out of battery 🙁

Haven’t we seen a video of a downhill through an urban slum on here loads of times?

i lold

markrh
    Free Member

Yes, any footage would be great. My son did it, came 4th :-), bit of a trip from our house so didn’t see the race which is a bit of a bugger 🙁
    Oh and as regards urban slum dd i’d be more than happy to live there, very friendly place for a city, snob.

yunki
    Free Member

This is a run from one of the lads that rides our local trails.. he placed 18th overall I think..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JweXWMiC0nM[/video]

donsimon
    Free Member

Great vid, the bit with the dog was a bit of a heart stopper…

yunki
    Free Member

ho ho ho

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and as regards urban slum dd i’d be more than happy to live there, very friendly place for a city, snob.

Sorry if I upset…I was merely yanking Pigface’s chain. 🙂

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Sounds sweet! Thw whole of swansea is pretty much on a hill, so would make for a pretty good race if it was planned well..

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I’m surprised no chavs knocked them off and tried to rob there bikes…. seriously lol.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Looks like a fairly achievable course, the only bits I didn’t fancy on that is the jump at the end and the green slimey cobbled section!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I always thought there was some good lines for biking down around Mount Pleasant too. I liked the look of that course though.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Swansea Urban Downhill thing’ is closed to new replies.