Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suspension fork setup help
  • leonthepro
    Free Member

I have a set of pikes (2015 RCT3) and set them up in fully open mode running the same piece of track over and over. They work well but I have found that in open mode they feel like they are diving in the corners so tended to leave them in trail mode which gives me more “platform”. A friend mentioned I might try adding more bottomless tokens to the fork, they currently have one in.
    In both modes I get near max travel occasionally but don’t bottom them out. They run we over most trains except for that one issue.

I am 178cm tall and weigh 65kg.

What are people’s thoughts please? Will tokens hell or is something else I need to try. Thankd

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

I’m no expert but have a look at the tons of previous threads on here about set up and advice on pike set up. 2 tokens do help keep you higher in the travel if that’s what your after. Give it a try.

LoCo
    Free Member

Look at the token setup guide (wheel & travel specific) add one over standard as you’re pretty light.

Rockshox air volume token guide

leonthepro
    Free Member

Thanks I will have a go.

poah
    Free Member

how much sag are you running? increase psi by 5 and try again.

legend
    Free Member

Interesting to hear you mention that Loco. So at 64kg on 150s I should probably give 3 tokens a go?

poah
    Free Member

I had one token in my 150’s at 77kg with about 23-25% sag, 3 would be too much unless you are doing huge jumps etc

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes I’d try it, obviously drop the pressure a few psi to compensate.
    As mentioned above the guide is wheel size and travel specific, so one persons settings aren’t really applicable to someone else, low speed compression setting will also have an affect on the dive on the brakes for EG. (reckon on starting at 4 clicks from full off on LSC btw 😉 )

Basic setup guide here 😀

legend
    Free Member

Cheers, will give it a go. Already at 4 clicks from off, so will shove in the spacer (drop a few PSi) and take it from there

legend
    Free Member

On the money as always Simon! Third spacer worked a treat!

LoCo
    Free Member

Excellent 😀

leonthepro
    Free Member

Added the extra token on Saturday, dead easy job and rode it yesterday and immediately noticed a difference in fly open mode, it feels much better.

Thanks for your help guys.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suspension fork setup help’ is closed to new replies.