Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Survivors – Series 2, first episode. Your thoughts please…
  • bananaworld
    Free Member

I thought it was utter used toilet paper.

Over to you guys…

spence
    Free Member

The original 70's series was great. The first series of this remake was just about tollarable but gave up half way through last night.

aracer
    Free Member

Recorded it, but wasn't sure if I was going to bother to watch it – had got a bit bored by the end of S1. Hasn't improved then?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I just didn't understand why they had the draaaaaawn out scene with Anya and Al when they were stuck under the rubble – were they trying to create some kind of connection/empathy between the two? I could have understood if it was Tom stuck under there with her.

I wasn't all that impressed.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yeah, same as m_f…I couldn't understand the whole rubble thing. I'd be more for keeping it grim and not introducing slushy bits all the time.

hoodoo
    Free Member

Anyone any idea where I can watch the last episode from the first series? I missed it and the BBC haven't repeated it before the second series.

I'll reserve judgment for the second series when I see it. At least it can't be as bad as Paradox, can it? Please tell me it's not that bad!

stumpyjon

Got very bored and stopped watching during the first series, far too depressing and the characters just kept doing unbelievably stupid things.

Harry_the_Spider

It was OK.

You know that the bad guys are going to be very bad indeed when Patrick Malahide turns up as their leader.

BBC standard issue evil.

Also. Has Julie Graham had her teeth done? IIRC she used have a "custard spitting" gap which has now vanished.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Stopped watching the last series as I just didn't have the the ability to sit through it. Managed about 20 mins last night before it went off. Was like a standard itv programme, utter rubbish

wormhole

last series was shite…saw no reason to think this one would be any better so watched Law & Order UK recorded from the other night, have to say that Braley whats his name the comic is pretty good as a copper? (hijack sorry)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

wormhole, didn't you think his assistant was a bit crap though? I like that girl who plays the Crown Prosecutor though – Nom Nom Nom

wormhole

Deadly, yeh your right he was a bit flimsy!! I am a big fan of the original L&O series and am fairly happy with the UK spin off. agree about the CPS bird!

wormhole

Deadly, yeh your right he was a bit flimsy!! I am a big fan of the original L&O series and am fairly happy with the UK spin off. agree about the CPS bird! the bent copper was ace! really didnt like him, well played that man.

epicyclo

It's for the girls – all emoting and little action

aracer
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice – have deleted without watching!

takisawa2

Must have cost a load to make lasts nights. Few shots of a landy blasting around London early morning & 50 mins in a demolished building.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Well done, aracer, you've missed nowt.

Takisawa, wash your mouth out with soap, you cynic! That highly realistic explosion/collapse/whatever-the-hell-it-was-that-happened must have cost tens of pounds to put together.

What I don't understand is how it actually got screened. Surely they show this stuff to a focus group composed of the target audience first, right? How did it get past them that it was boring and directionless???

tthew

[pedant] Manchester. [/pedant]

aracer
    Free Member

Surely they show this stuff to a focus group composed of the target audience first, right? How did it get past them that it was boring and directionless???

Maybe there's some target audience out there who like boring and directionless!

Ti29er
    Free Member

Very disappointed.
    Dis-jointed and not at all what I had hoped for.

Underhill
    Free Member

What I don't understand is how it actually got screened. Surely they show this stuff to a focus group composed of the target audience first, right? How did it get past them that it was boring and directionless???

It was screened to a panel of Eastenders writers. They thought it was grippingly realistic.

If the human race depends on characters like that to survive the apocalypse, bring on extinction.

scraprider
    Free Member

utter crap , the clutch would have gone on the landrover long before matey would have got that rope on.

AndyP
    Free Member

Also. Has Julie Graham had her teeth done? IIRC she used have a "custard spitting" gap which has now vanished.

don't know about that but it was very funny how they described her as having 'signs of malnutrition'. Signs of cake poisoning, yes. malnutrition…er..no.

I_Ache
    Free Member

tthew – Member
    [pedant] Manchester. [/pedant]

And Birmingham.

jahwomble
    Free Member

The usual histrionic nonsense from the beeb drama department, thought the low key approach of the original was much better.The only thing that could have made it worse would be to have john barrowman lasciviousing around in it.imho

daveob
    Free Member

Fundamental flaw in the plot. Why burn a hospital down before removing medical supplies. Oh and do concrete carbuncles like that even burn?

AndyP
    Free Member

oh…and casting FAIL. Patterson Joseph?
    sorry – he's not Greg. He's Johnson. Always will be, in whatever he is appearing in.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Why burn a hospital down before removing medical supplies.

I assume because the place was full of rotting corpses so they didn't want to use potentially tainted medical supplies? Agree regarding the burning concrete though – and if they did manage to set fire to the place, I doubt it would be rampant enough to bring down the structure, especially as there are strict fire safety regs regarding combustibles in public buildings.

But then we *should* suspend disbelief when watching this sort of trash.

Harry_the_Spider

It isn't actually real you know. Willy Wonka doesn't make Kit Kats, Alisha Dixon doesn't actually know anything about dancing and we don't get petrol from man eating plants.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

oh…and casting FAIL. Patterson Joseph?
    sorry – he's not Greg. He's Johnson. Always will be, in whatever he is appearing in.

Never seen Survivors before last night when the Mrs was watching it on iPlayer. Fast forward to a point where I look over the top of my book with a "what the hell is Johnson doing on there?"

She has now been introduced to the world of Peep Show.

jimmy

watched it out of boredom yesterday on iPlayer. Did nothing to relieve that boredom.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Survivors – Series 2, first episode. Your thoughts please…’ is closed to new replies.