Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Surly pusley in sand dunes. And a wee crash. Video.
  • charliedontsurf

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK0MHrQzvZU[/video]

Shoddy footage but a great laugh. I taped an iPhone to the chest strap on my camelbak. The dunes were an Absolute hoot. The rain had made them fast and smooth, like 200 vertical feet of halfpipes, chutes and berms. Ace

womble72
    Free Member

0 – 10 secs I spy a booger

ska-49
    Free Member

I enjoyed that! Where was that filmed? No hail in Falmouth yet..

charliedontsurf

Last week on the north Cornish coast.
    Booger. Very likely.

The 3.8 larrys were good but I can see how a 4.5 big fat f***ing larry will have a clear advantage in loose dry sand. They should be here next week ish and one set are going straight on the pugsley.

Woody
    Free Member

Haven’t heard so much grunting since Wimbledon. Looked like great fun 😉

spacemonkey

Hmm, I’m digging the fact you even bothered to make a recording through your iPhone. I’ve toyed with the idea because I can’t justify something like a GoPro, but not actually done it. Far better quality than expected. Definitely going to have a go with mine on my next ride.

charliedontsurf

iPhone filming… On you tube there is an editing feature to reduce the shaking camera thing you get when riding. This helps. I also managed to film the whole thing upside down as the camera was upside down when I fired it up. Again YouTube has an editing feature for correcting school boy errors.

There must be someone who makes a iPhone harness. Would need to be angle-able so it shoots ahead rather than just the bars. Mmmmmm?

charliedontsurf

Another iPhone tip… Tape up the sockets to keep sand out.

spacemonkey

Cool, I’ll check those out. DId you use the native recorder or something else?

epicyclo

I enjoyed you having that ride for me 🙂

grum
    Free Member

That looks like fun.

charliedontsurf

Spacemonkey. It’s the standard iPhone basic camera app. Nothing special.

garybuckham
    Free Member

Wondered how an IPhone would fair on a bike. Nice video. Be interested to see how those BFL’s fair on the Pugsley. Down at Gosford Bay, East Lothian yesterday.

Also you can pick up a handlebar mount for an iPhone for about £20

Gary
    http://www.pugsley-on-patrol.org.uk

coastkid
    Free Member

Great fun eh?,
    harmless, no erossion worries, soft landings 🙂
    We need to get a weekend at Faraid Head at Durness in NW Scotland organised next year, its a long way away on narrow roads,
    A 2 hour drive from Inverness, (trains, air port from down south?),
    And visit the mecca of dunes! :-),
    also Sandwood Bay and Oldshoremore beaches along the road, 🙂

Faraid Head

2011 Roadtrip by coastkid71, on Flickr

Sandwood

Oldshoremore

Here is my local Dune surfing spot, 15 minute offroad ride from home 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOMD95SeaEE[/video]

charliedontsurf

I have plans for a short series of fat bike events.. A league of fat gentlemen. So far we have a seaside event (nudist beach, ale, sand castle hopping, kids crying when you fail) a Tarmac dh event on a street luge circuit (black floyd tyres and motorcycle leathers), we need a right northern event such as this scotish dunes. And must have a snow event.

Gary, coastkid. Do you wanna host the right northern and snow ones?

Pigface
    Free Member

Brilliant 😀

Sandwood looks amazing

coastkid
    Free Member

Charlie, we will have a think about what we could do beachwise, maybe someone further up north can organise a snowride? 🙂

Pigface, here is a wee write up from my visit to Sandwood

charliedontsurf

The snow ride… Could be anywhere weather permitting… Just need good ish road access so we can get to it and some snow proof accommodation. And some good winter pants.

Or we coul get some ski lift action. Oooh yeah how about aviemore or somewhere with a ski lift. Mmmmmm?

charliedontsurf

Oops duplicate post. Edited.

epicyclo

coastkid – Member
    We need to get a weekend at Faraid Head at Durness in NW Scotland organised next year, its a long way away on narrow roads,
    A 2 hour drive from Inverness, (trains, air port from down south?),

I’ll be in that 🙂

Got a Transit so could transport bikes from Inverness and 2 other riders. (I’m near Inversnecky)

Could be possible to take the train to Thurso BTW.

flashes
    Free Member

I’m up for any of the above…………….

coastkid
    Free Member

I maybe could sort us out with cheapish B&B (but dont count on it) via a guy i chatted to when up there who lives there at Balnakeil, if it is before the campsite reopens next season

charliedontsurf

Keep in touch and count me in. Road trips are ace, and there is no way I am cycling up on the pug.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Surly pusley in sand dunes. And a wee crash. Video.’ is closed to new replies.