Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Sunshine, day off, new bike….. but I can't ride it. Arse.
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Went for a MTB ride tester day with some locals of the STW parish, and it turned into a bit of a bloodbath, so to speak.
    We had a tacoed wheel, bent mech hanger, bloody knees and various other ailments and happenings.
    I went home with a sore back, dosed myself up on paracetamol and woke up today in agony, unable to walk without holding onto something and shooting pains through my back when I put my left foot down. So my day off is a day off sick, tomorrow as well, and maybe more (Hopefully not, I don’t do sick days)
    And to cap it all my new 2015 Croix de Fer is sitting in the garage, freshly built by my fair hand after a mega-PDI.
    I was going to go out for a nice bimble on Thursday. Bugger
    Gratuitous bike pic so you can all point and laugh at the old bloke with the bad back….

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pQ7vjD]Untitled[/url] by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

geoffj

Nice that

*Fence could do with some creosote

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a lovely colour!

Joining the gravelcult, PP? Join us……join us….!

IIRC, you’re somewhere in East Hants? If so, come and get involved with the Hampshire Gravel Consortium that’s slowly growing on the Hampshire riding thread.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Very nice. Those wheels look very sturdy.

For photogenic effect flip and slam that stem.

Edit… With your back don’t bother.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Flashy, yeah, it’s a lovely rich matt red.
    I bought it because i wasn’t using my road bike and I built one up for a customer and fell in love with the colour and (most of) the spec. I just got rid of the FSA chainset for a Shimano CX50 and fitted a King headset I had lying around.
    I’ll take a look at that thread, cheers 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

If you hurt yer back riding a nice mountain bike, imagine what you would have done to yourself riding that thing!
    Lucky escape I say 😉
    Fab ride home just now by the way. 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Flip knows what happened Dez. I don’t do anything of note all day, in fact I thought I was a lot faster than I thought I’d be….

knottie8
    Free Member

nice to see the tyre logo and valve lined up …get well soon Pete.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It came out of the box like that, believe it or not!

singletrackmind

add me to the list of the broken .
    2 fly bites ( suspect Horse Fly) have swollen up and my leg from my knee to to ankle is hot to touch and a nice shade of pink.

My ankle bone has pretty much disappeared

You know those’ Old guys rule ‘ T shirts , they lie like a cheap watch.
    All seemed to be going so well, until we left the car park.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I want to point and laugh, but it hurts when I laugh, so I’ll just point.

Rich will take issue with your last statement as well as his day went downhill before he got his bike out of the car FFS!
    That ride was carnage.

matt_outandabout

That red is the colour of my next bike…nice.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I keep going into the garage to look at my nice new bike. I’ve got bottle cages on it and everything now 🙁

mega
    Free Member

ah well – spend the day off ‘getting back in touch’ with yourself ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PP, it took me about two weeks to get my latest back from the LBS due to one thing and another (One of those being a weekend at Cwmcarn and BPW on a shiny new Enduro, but hey ho.) I remember well that feeling of, “But it’s there, calling to me, begging to be ridden!”.

It’s been ridden a lot. Still need to clean it, though! 😳

the_lecht_rocks

How do people get the rear sks guards so neat at the bb junction ?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Ref mudguards, I have a day one disc and looking to,get some mudguards for winter commute, what you using and how easy are they to fit, (especially on the disc side?)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

TLR : Trade secret. It’s what they teach you when you spend £1500 on a Cytech course.
    🙂

Oh OK then, I just put a screw through the predrilled hole in the mudguard into the boss on the chainstay bridge especially designed for the purpose. 😉

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ron, it’s a piece of piss. No issue at all on the rear as the caliper is between the stays, on the front I used a longer bolt and spaced it out to clear the calliper.
    Those particular ones are the new special edition SKS matt black Bluemels guards. The frame is matt red and they match beautifully.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

PP much appreciated, that’s my Sunday afternoon sorted

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/question-how-many-hamfisted-spannerphobic-stwers-does-it-take

Have a look at this thread as well Ron, I put a load of mudguard tips and pics in it which might help you. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

Old light and reflector brackets are SO useful, I have a box of them and they’ve come in handy so many times. I have a good stock of different lengths of stainless M5 bolts I got from a local bolt stockists. Always keep the alloy washers from old v-brake pads, they are very useful and the concave/convex ones can be used as good looking alloy spacers (no rust for me!). Rack stays can be very useful so keep them handy, they can normally be bent all sorts of ways to sort out mountings for new kit.

Basically any small piece of metal or plastic keep it! You can make all sorts…

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Sunshine, day off, new bike….. but I can't ride it. Arse.’ is closed to new replies.