Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sunglasses reccomendation – adaptalite type lenses
  • Divid
    Free Member

Hi

Am thinking a pair of sunnies that the lense tint changes to the varying light conditions would be a good buy.

Any reccomendations?

Cheers
    Dave

Squidlord
    Free Member

I recently bought a pair of Endura Piranha, which do the job very well.

Aidan
    Free Member

I’ve found Endura Mullet glasses to be very comfortable and optically very good.

The lenses adapt to light conditions, and they are certainly good for both daytime and stopping bugs from getting in your eyes at dusk.

speed12
    Free Member

Quite a bit more than the ones above, but my Jawbones with the light sensitive lenses (can’t remember the brand name of the reactive bit…) are amazing. You literally don’t notice them changing, in a good way, between yellow tint in overcast and dark in bright sun. Quick enough for when entering woods etc from bright outdoors. Highly recommended (any Oakleys with those lenses that is)

simondbarnes

Tifosi Fototec for me. They have a nice range of styles and several different photochromic lenses.

LeeW

+1 for Tifosi, great glasses for a reasonable price. I have a pair of Specialized Berms kicking around somewhere too, they’re very good, but the frames are possibly just a tiny bit too small for my bonce.

timmys

If you are springing for Oakleys try and get the clear/black transitions rather than the brown transitions. The Browns are OK but not really great in dark forests. Clear/Black are fantastic, though still not available without frames I think (I found some on eBay from the US eventually).

nicko74

Another fan of Specialized Adaptalite here, but I’ve heard they’ve stopped making them. 🙁

Andituk
    Free Member

+1 for Endura Pirhanas

podman
    Free Member

I too highly recommend the VR50’s in my Oakley’s- I would wear them for night rides, but they’ve been perfect for everything else!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Specialized adaptalite here too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was out yesterday in a set of Persimmon/Black Iridium Oakleys. Just perfect. Persimmon for the lovely natural singletrack through the woods, and Black Iridium for the bright open spaces. Not cheap, but outstandingly good.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sunglasses reccomendation – adaptalite type lenses’ is closed to new replies.