Home Forums Bike Forum Sun ringle freehub probs help please

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sun ringle freehub probs help please
  • daznal
    Free Member

Just had a mate round with his bike,after about an hour trying to index his gears,found the freehub has some play in it.I’m quite handy with the spanners but can i buggery get the freehub off.Anybody in the collective had any experience with these hubs.The wheel’s not that old and only done a couple of hundred miles if that.

daznal
    Free Member

Any one?

4ndyB
    Free Member

Sun Ringle Ryde XMB by any chance?

There is a known fault with them

Return to shop for a replacement freehub

Do not attempt a repair yourself, you will invalidate the warranty.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey, I will pitch in, bounce me over and email and I’ll talk you through it 😀

If you can get it sorted on warranty that sounds good!

daznal
    Free Member

Yes its the ryde,will tell him to take it back,cheers

stretchly
    Free Member

Morning All. I was wondering what the outcome of this was ?
    I have the same issue – also a Sunringle Ryde XMB. The freehub isn’t freewheeling properly and the cassette has some play in it. Tried to get the body off myself…no joy. Took it to my local bike shop….no joy. I’ve since taken it back to Cycles UK where I bought the bike and they are also having difficulty. They have apparently ordered a “special tool” that is required to remove the freehub body but are still waiting for it.
    My concern is that they will try and charge me for a replacement. The bike is a few weeks over its 1 year warranty and has done approx 300 miles. I can feel a fight brewing.

martinxyz
    Free Member

They usually have to go back to Hotlines for warranty.They wont sell the tool.You send the wheel down with proof of purchase for inspection and they will make the decision.

4ndyB
    Free Member

Special tool?!?

There is no special tool that I’m aware of to remove a Ryde XMB freehub to replace one under warranty (Hotlines sent us a couple of new freehubs).

Now we just send the wheel back to Hotlines and they deal with it, we have a spare wheelset to lend out to our customers whilst the warranty work is being carried out

If the freehub is sticking and not freewheeling properly then that is the major issue with the XMB freehub, it generally starts as a fair bit of play then just locks up from what our customers tell us

I believe the issue has been resolved for the 2012 version

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sun ringle freehub probs help please’ is closed to new replies.