Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Suggestions needed, best all day xc saddle wanted…
  • Brown
    Free Member

Another vote for charge saddles.

I've done two 24 hour solos on my current one and not had to resort to two pairs of padded shorts (at the same time) in either race. That settles it for me.

If you want more convincing:

They#re probably just a rebaged cheapo generic saddle but they come in a nice range of colours, aren't particularly heavy (I think, not actually checked…), are ridiculously cheap (£20 – cheap enough to try without worrying if you're going to like it or not) and are, for me, very comfy.

Better than the flites I used to use, way better than the soggy mess SDG saddles turn into in the wet and much better than Spesh's BG stuff. Awesome.

_tom_
    Free Member

I tried loads of saddles and the current best is a Specialized Body Geo that I got after being measured on the spesh "arse-ometer" (basically a bit of memory foam). It's still not perfect though – numbness in places I don't want it. I'm tempted to try a Charge of some kind, but I think at my weight anythings going to cause numbness!

chipps

Re: Spoons
    They#re probably just a rebaged cheapo generic saddle but they come in a nice range of colours

That's the thing, the Spoon isn't just a rebadged saddle, it's been quite cleverly designed/produced to give more. I'm sure Nick'll tell you if you ask him nicely.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Spesh Phenom SL – got these on 3 of my bikes, absolutely love them, very comfy and good light weight.

I've also got an Selle Italia SLR that can get used for short xc blasts but find it starts to get sore after 2.5-3 hours.

nickc

Try the I beam ones, there's loads of give in them. Comfiest I've used in a while.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Suggestions needed, best all day xc saddle wanted…’ is closed to new replies.