Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • suggest a good bike book…..
  • enduro-aid
    Free Member

ok so ive read that one about the guy who did the tour de france himself and thought it was great so looking for another cycling book any good suggestions??

must be fact and have funny bits in it

has anyone read “sex lies and handlebar tape”?……

tommid
    Free Member

Sex lies and handle bar tape is a great book. So is Olympic Gangster.
    Matt Seaton’s Escape artist is a good heart felt story of a cyclist as opposed to a biography of a pro.
    I’ve read hundreds of cycling books over the past few years and my first recomendation is always French Revolutions by Tim Moore, but you’ve read that. Although not cycling related his other books are very good. Frost in my moustache and I believe in yesterday are both corkers.

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

only cycling book i have ever read is called “bad blood” really really good i have read it like 10 times, its all about the tour de france, and drugs and the omerta?

highly recommend it

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Long Cloud Ride, by Josie Dew. Cycling in New Zealand

enduro-aid
    Free Member

whats the omerta?

sucklingmatt
    Free Member

i might have got that wrong, can’t quite remember off the top of my head, something to do with the peleton and stuff

mudshark
    Free Member

Kimmage’s Rough Ride is a ‘must read’ but not much in the way of funny bits.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

The Hungry Cyclist – can even get it on kindle

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

+1 For the escape artist.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Just finished this

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9781845965617/Two-Wheels-on-My-Wagon

very enjoyable read, and I thought it had funny bits. ymmv.

MrSmith
    Free Member

whats the omerta?

a club run by lance armstrong and his doping chums where they agree that everyone keeps their mouth shut and anyone who ‘spits in the soup’ gets thrown out the peleton.

davetrave
    Free Member

A Dog in a Hat by Joe Parkin…

starrman82
    Free Member

The Graeme Obree story The Flying Scotsman is very good IMO, bit of a nutter but you have to admire him for it.. 🙂

kilo

The Hour – quite funny account of taking on the hour record.

The Kimmage book is very good.

Fallen Angel. The Passion of Fausto Coppi and The Death of Marco Pantani are both good with sad endings

In Search of Robert Millar

MoreCashThanDash

I really liked Geoff Thomas’ “riding through the storm” but it includes his football career so will be banned from here

jonahtonto
    Free Member

moods of future joys by alistair humphreys gets my vote but its a travel book really, its just hes on a bike.
    (the sequel is great too)

CountZero

David Byrne Bicycle Diaries. Stories about the cities visited on tour and explored using the folding bike he takes on tour with him.

Gary_M
    Free Member

A Dog in a Hat by Joe Parkin… And the sequel ‘come and gone’ which I’m on the last few pages of. No funny bit in though really.

Cavendish book is a good read.

bland

This is an entertaining read

TAke a seat by dominic gill

Duggan

A Dog in a Hat by Joe Parkin…

Seconded, a very good book.

Also The Death of Marco Pantani is very interesting though of course tragic. By Matt Rendell I think.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

+1 for the flying scotsman.
    Don’t remember it being particularly funny, bloody good read though.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘suggest a good bike book…..’ is closed to new replies.