Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • sub £50 lycra bibs… Giordana, DHB, Nalini?…
  • OrangeChammy
    Free Member

Looking for some comfy bibs that will not break the bank, for mainy long road/cross rides and a bit of long distance MTB rides (under baggies)

Thinking of 3 brands…
    DHB Earnly
    Giordana Silverline (or sulverline shield)
    and Nalini Ciclos

Any opinions? Thinking Giordanas on looks and DHBs on price at the moment.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Giordana.

JAG

I have the DHB and they work really well.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I would normally say Giordana but some of the cheaper ones are not that good quality wise

tiger_roach
    Free Member

I might try Giordana Tenax next but can recommend Lusso Coolmax:

http://www.lusso-clothing.co.uk/viewdetail.php?target=60185

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I would normally say Giordana but some of the cheaper ones are not that good quality wise

Not in my experience.

OrangeChammy
    Free Member

I had cheap Giordana's about 10 years ago, apart from light and shiny lycra were fine comfort wise.

snowpaul
    Free Member

i would 2nd lusso – i use their kit a lot = very good

paul

brant
    Free Member

Isn't standard STW advice "Buy 2nd hand. Get much more for your money."?

warpcow
    Free Member

Mmmm, crabs.

TooTall
    Free Member

Isn't standard STW advice "Buy 2nd hand. Get much more for your money."?

Far less chance of getting someone elses part-worn minty aerse lard on a second hand crankset tho!

tragically1969
    Free Member

Not in my experience.

Yes in my experience, 2 pairs returned because the stiching fell out after 2 weeks, 1 pair returned because the transfers all fell off after the first wash

TooTall
    Free Member

just to add:

discountcyclewear.co.uk/nwave_shorts_m

No experience of Northwave shorts but found their other kit good.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes in my experience, 2 pairs returned because the stiching fell out after 2 weeks, 1 pair returned because the transfers all fell off after the first wash

Ah well.

Bregante

Another DHB owner here and complaints whatsoever after 8 months ownership. Really good fit and liner seems decent quality.

johnnywhitesox
    Free Member

Try these if they have your size:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Gore_Bike_Wear_Contest_II_Padded_3~4_Bibtights/5360044613/

Bought a pair last year to replace some Enduras which had it's stiching seperate after a couple of rides. The Gore have been great – a full winters riding and look like they'll easily last another couple. They may last even longer if I fit a rear crud guard!

Jase
    Free Member

I have the Giordana tenax and bodyclone and they are both v nice and great quality. Try Ribble and Parker for offers.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Lusso is the way forward, you can get them for under £40 at Merlin.

Just bought myself 3 pairs of the pro-gel ones for forthcoming big ride through France 😀

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

I bought the Giordana Tenax to use on my road bike after my cheap DHB shorts proved painful after just 30 miles on the road bike. The Tenax shorts are so much more comfortable that I would never buy cheap shorts again. I did the Birmingham to Oxford ride a couple of weekends ago and the Giordana shorts were a godsend!

oldgit
    Free Member

Nalinis, got several pairs of these and can't let them go. A very tidy close fit. The Ciclos also received very good reviews.
    TBH they're better than my pairs of £130 shorts.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

my dhb ones aren't very good – think they were about £40, but the pad is too big between the legs, tends to flex wrong, and their breathability isn't the best. Won't wear them for a ride more than an hour else they chafe like a sandpaper condom.

ross980
    Free Member

DHB ones here. I wear them under baggies pretty much every time I head out on my road or mtb bike. Very comfortable and no complaints after 4-5 hours road rides or all day mtb rides. Recommended.

fingers202
    Free Member

+1 for Giordana Tenax

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I tried Giordana Tenax (sp?) but could not get on with them. I'm using Peal Izumi atm, far better and they're just the simple/not bibs draw-cord type! Way more comfort'b than the Ten-pants 🙂 Think I paid $35 for them new on ebay *wink*

gcaster
    Free Member

+1 Giordana Tenax.
    Love them and haven't had any problems with stitching or whatever. Far better than cheap ones!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘sub £50 lycra bibs… Giordana, DHB, Nalini?…’ is closed to new replies.