Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,518 total)
  • STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1
  • Oblongbob

I’m planning to join the fun tonight, but still recovering from lurgy so may well just pootle round and watch the fast ones lap me. Bit of a shame as the flat course would suit me. Actually, what’ll happen is I’ll probably get a bit excited, go for it and put myself back to square one!

Poopscoop

Not sure I can make it tonight I’m afraid. Going to try though!

Good luck all if I don’t “see” you later.👍

retrorick

During the weigh in a few weeks ago I was 78kg and FTP around 230w if I remember correctly?
    Both FTP and weight seems to fluctuate up and down a few kg and watts but those figures seem about right.

unclezaskar
    Free Member

Chuffing Nora..its a bit warm…

just headed down to set garage up for tonight’s race and its bloody roasting – this is going to be a miserable ride because of the heat – just pinched my daughters desk fan and rigging up some ’emergency’ ventilation..

must sort out cold water bottle..

see you all later

oopnorth
    Free Member

Good luck All!!! Turns out despite me not feeling right for tonight’s ride, I won’t make the start anyway due to work. Just got off a Zoom call to LA, some things to tie up before I leave the office and it means I’ll be home post 7-30pm.

I’ll take it as an imposed rest and come back for next weeks fun! Enjoy…and Weeksy, next week we race!!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Robbo, bit last minute but any chance of adding me for tonight?
    No worries if I’m too late.
    FTP 304W, 81kg. Paulo Paino.
    It may be at the cost of the TTT on Thursday as I’ve been roped in for a 100miler on Friday morning.

robbo1234biking

Paulo – you should have an invite.

Jaminb and stumpy – I have resent the invite as it had you down as not attending but you have both posted today saying you are attending so wanted to make sure there wasn’t an issue!

robbo1234biking

Paulo – handicap is 13 mins!

snotrag

First timer here. I’ve had a fish finger sandwich, the ipad is charged and it’s about 35 degrees in the garage. I’m gonna be fine, right…?!

stumpy01

Cheers Robbo. No idea why I wasn’t showing as going…
    I’ve accepted now though.

Good job you noticed! Cheers.

stumpy01

snotrag – sounds like top class prep.

I’ve had a very squidgy banana and have barely drunk anything all day for some reason.
    Not even gonna bother with a jersey tonight…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m gonna be fine, right…?!

Of course. No one takes it seriously at all. We just plod round at the pace of the slowest and crack jokes.

nixie

Damn, stuck on a call!!!!!! Hopefully it’ll clear soon.

retrorick

Starting my warmup laps.🤪

DrP

Aaand…. I’ve got the glitch-stream up and running again…

click here for topless STWers in YOUR area….

Though it’s a bit jumpy my end.. oh well…

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Will the rece lap didn’t kill me so that’s good.

It did dispel any ideas I might have had about putting points on the board though.

The Lord giveth and he taketh away.

DrP

I’m cruising at 80w… ALL fans going full chat.. I’m hot…

Eek
    Playlist choices tonight….?

DrP

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

13 minutes! Blumin eck. You’re harsh Robbo 😜

retrorick

Will I need to quit my warm up before the race or will I be asked to join the event during my warm up?

nixie

🙁 missed it. Hope everyone has a good race.

weeksy

Lol that doesn’t work. 5:17 first lap, HR maxed, no sir, no way.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Was it a bit crazy Weeksy??? If you are suffering then I’m glad I couldn’t make it 🤣🤣

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

O my that was hard

DrP

Yeah…. needed a few deep digs once I drifted to the back of the pack…..
    Eek!

DrP

mrhoppy

That wasn’t how I expected it. There was far less fragmentation on the road at the front. I just couldn’t hang with the 1st group on the 2nd run up the s bends then it was a long wait to pick up the 2nd group on the road.

Well done to those guys cos I couldn’t shake them for all I tried over the last couple of laps. I was caught out by the finish line being quite so far away on my break at the end and I got wound in.

Ah well at least I wasn’t beaten by a 10 year old like yesterday.

laughgov
    Free Member

That was fun thanks all

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I tried to force a few splits earlier hoping to take a few folks with me and put a bit of a gap on the big bunch of Bs along for the ride I saw a few others try but it never held.

Got to about lap 5 I guess then I’m not sure if we were lapping some folks or what but I was on the front of the group through the s bend, sat on a wheel then saw the group split on the flat at the top, tried to chase you down but took 450-500 to go over who ever I’d picked up, I was 5 seconds down and I wasn’t making a dent, I’d have needed 700 odd for a good 10 seconds I reckon to catch up and there’s no chance if I’d chased on at that I’d have stayed.

Ended up working harder in the middle than I had in the group and dropping 30 seconds a lap I think.

Great effort all.

tpbiker
    Free Member

That was sweaty work..

As expected the first lap was brutal, but after that it was reasonably ok. Says i came 3rd overall, but im pretty sure I was at best 5th or 6th but makes no odds for purpose of handicap results.

I was waiting for the big boys to kick off and spit me out the back on last lap but to surprise the pace didnt really ramp up until the last 500 meters.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Also a big thank you to everyone who’s chipped in so far, 165 raised for Cardiac Risk in the Young on Robbo’s behalf.

Go fund me

zilog6128

Managed to keep up with the lead pack till almost halfway! Then solo’d it till the end, didn’t get passed so that’s a result. Gotta be Kirky for the points win again? Rode a blinder!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Kirky again??? Its all that training we gave him in France at the weekend! 🤣🤣

twisty

Thanks all for the race, was a blast.

I livestreamed it Link to recording here along with terrible audio levels, just couldn’t find the link before the race started.

Only nearly fell off once on the 2nd lap, chain got stuck and nearly lost the front pack.
    I also lost a contact lens and missed my cue to sprint.
    But overall went quite smooth for me 😁

tpbiker
    Free Member

Says there were only 41 riders, but there looked far far more than that at the start!

laughgov
    Free Member

I completely screwed up the sprint.

mossimus
    Free Member

That first lap was a bit ott, managed to stay with lead pack, got a bit tough the last two times up the S bends. I had an aero for the downhill sprint and crossed the line first on my screen, Zwift has me as 5th, not that it matters as it all changes with the handicaps. Can’t have been much more than 8 minutes between fro and back this week.

snotrag

Enjoyed it, count me in next time! No idea if I did OK or not, and I got completely caught off guard at the start. Everyone seeemed to shoot off the blocks before I even started to move somehow.

Still rode in a little group of 3 or 4 for most of it then solo’d the last lap.

Drank a lot and left the garage door cracked open so it absolutely filled with Moths and Flies, oops.

mahowlett
    Free Member

phew, Managed to hang on to the front group all the way, held an aero helmet for the finale so was sat mid group waiting for the sprint, which never happened. The finish came earlier than I expected and I think I must have had a bit of a dodgy connection right at the end, as from my perspective I finished in the front group with the top 10 or so riders, but the timings seems to show those top 10 riders were spread out over 6 seconds or so and typically I was at the back :(, annoying, but it was a good race, tough to hang on. And I definitely felt better this week than last, set a new threshold HR of 173, though I’m not sure that’s a good thing 🙂 Cheers again Robbo.

mtbqwerty

If there was a dropped score option this would be mine…not sure what happened but that was truly awful

Cheers for organising again Robbo!

svladcjelli
    Free Member

Well I did better than last week. Last week the turbo bugged out in the start pen, this evening it waited until halfway (after I’d been dropped from the group I was in, and also passed at high speed by the following group). Never mind. Good ride while it lasted.

kirky72
    Free Member

shit that was hard work, almost vomit inducing yet again.

Managed a good start with the flyers and surprisingly managed to stick with them coasting just below my upper limit around 230/240 with some efforts on the kickers, accidentally yo going sometimes to front then getting passed and putting massive efforts in to jump back on to the rampage.

Eventually after lap 4 at the top of one of the kickers a small gap formed I went he’ll for leather and thought I’d got back on but that was only to Dangerbrain and unfortunately, or more likeOh bloody good luck for my legs There was a gap between us and the group and no way to bridge it. Fortunately for me Dangerbrain helped tow me around the last three laps along with Andeh who jumped on and drifted behind to Eventually sprint away at the early finish banner.

Thank **** we didn’t race 10 laps, I carried on for 10 to unlock the achievement which it transpired I already had, doh, and without my domestique I hit the wall bad finishing with two laps in the 7 minutes.

Thanks again for the races Robbo, would like to say it was fun but that’s just sick.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,518 total)

The topic ‘STW Zwift Autumn Race Series 1’ is closed to new replies.