• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nach.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • stw topic in exam question shocker
  • docrobster
    Free Member

My daughter did her AS English language first paper today.
    2 texts to discuss, one was about Lizzie Armistead, the other was the first few posts of this thread started by cruzcampo
    Minus the post about walnut cracking apparently.
    Can Mark charge AQA some royltaies or owt?

DezB
    Free Member

This is actually far more interesting than the number of replies suggests!
    I hope they corrected the grammar in his thread title.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I used to write exam questions. I was told that copyright is not an issue in exams. In fact, I used to grab images and text from all over the Web and stick it in the question. Obviously that was as supporting material rather than content.

BillMC

I used to write exam questions and was told it was an issue and for that reason we sometimes used to create sources/items. Copyright material often gets pulled from past exam papers online, I’m don’t know why however.

allthepies
    Free Member

Was expecting aircraft on treadmill.

Am disappoint.

jimmy

+1

tomhoward

‘Question 1. Jon lives in the Peak District, and wants to ride his bike. It is raining, and has been wet for the last few weeks. What tyres should he use?

‘Question 2. Jon lives in the Lake District, and wants to ride his bike. It is sunny, and has been dry for the last few weeks. What tyres should he use?

‘Question 3. Jon lives in South Wales, and wants to ride his bike. It is a bit cloudy, but the sun looks like it might break through in a bit, and has been a bit mild, with a couple of cold days for the last few weeks. What tyres should he use?

outofbreath
    Free Member

Please state in 5000 words or more why 29ers are ****.

Stoner
    Free Member

A frame us described as long, low, and slack.

Use trigonometry and Euclidean geometry to demonstrate if it’s sufficiently enduro.

slackalice
    Free Member

😀

Drac

Snap.

midlifecrashes

Q1. You’ve been on STW for seven hours straight. The boss is coming.

Show you’re working.

timidwheeler

Very good ^

docrobster
    Free Member

Cheers for the thread resurrection DezB!
    Here’s what the students thought of our grammar:
    Read it and weep

zilog6128

Although to be fair, I wrote loads for Text B – talked about how the users, maintaining some degree of anonymity as a result of using a pseudonym, can post their opinions while being emotive and expressive without fear of real-world repercussions. That is why they can refer to children as “Biohazards”, or generalise non-cyclists as having “excessive weight” – simulating the kind of discourse you would see in a closed-gate community, meaning it would be generally unfriendly to non-cyclists, people curious about cycling, or possibly other cyclists who might show disdain towards the pretentiousness of other cyclists.

definitely an A for this fella!! 😀

Mark

They asked for permission and we said yes 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

meanwhile the users in text B could have been as nasty and awful as they liked!

And a fail for this student, eh mods!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy
    They asked for permission and we said yes

Seriously you are going to have to change your user tag.

So which user realised they needed another text and picked the first thread they saw?

nach
    Free Member

It feels very, very strange to read a forum thread that can go eight posts without an argument.

I do hope someone teaches these children how to be proper adults online.

allthepies
    Free Member

Oh no it doesn’t.

etc.. 😉

nach
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘stw topic in exam question shocker’ is closed to new replies.