Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)
  • stw – please stop logging me out
  • gary

– the login cookie only gets set when you actually log in and expires a set time (say 30 days) after that timestamp, regardless of how often you visit during that time or even if you are visiting a that moment.
    – or the session tracking (the bit that ties the login cookie to an actual login) is a bit screwy.
    – or they are doing maintenance again and had to take the session database down.

Or some combination of those.

We have enough geeks here to sort this with a bit of coordination from the STW “web team” surely?

Well, as the system I logged into last night is already showing me as logged out, here’s the result of some cookie sniffing in case its helpful.

Ignoring what just look like ad cookies, while in a logged out state I have this:

wordpress_logged_044ac5fc50cc83ccdacd1d7b50e78053 for path /
    wordpress_044ac5fc50cc83ccdacd1d7b50e78053 for paths / and /wp-content/plugins
    premier_auth

The wordpress ones have a June 4 expiry and the premier_auth, June 1

After logging in, the same wordpress cookies are present with expiry updated to June 12. Was too dim to note down the cookie value before re-logging in.

So looks like a session tracking issue. I see the same thing across 3 different Windows systems I use, on different networks, all running Firefox. Which might sort of point to then possibility of issues of overlapping sessions on the different systems.

CountZero

Just come back to this subject from last night, and I’m still logged in from that session, having to log back in due to the maintenance.
    I don’t appear to do anything special, I have a row of current windows that are in use in Safari on the pad, STW being one of them, and the only time I have an issue is either this:

whenever I click either the URL or Video code buttons it blackscreens, dumps me out of Safari and logs me out all in one fell swoop.

or, I get asked to log in once a month or so, leading me to believe it’s a time-based thing. Trouble is, I never think to make a note of the date, to see if there’s any specific period involved.
    It’s certainly not a day, or even every week, as far as I can make out.
    In fact, that URL/Video issue doesn’t seem to log me out, I don’t think; I’ll just give it a go with a photo, see what exactly happens, back in a bit.
    Right, just tried an image post, and as soon as I tapped the IMG button, it briefly shows the then crashed out.
    I double-tapped the home button to show the row of open apps, tapped Safari, which didn’t take me straight back here, but to my Flickr page, but when I scrolled back through my open windows, this page was still open when I selected the STW window, and I was still logged in.
    It does seem to be an individual issue, not a global one.
    Why, though, appears to be anyone’s guess.

Pook

I came back in this morning, same device, and was logged out

scotroutes

I came back in this morning, same device, and was still logged in

Pook

Why, though, appears to be anyone’s guess.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I get logged put whenever the sky is cloudy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really? I always vacuum up the clouds between visits. This cures the problem.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Can I ask what settings you have under Settings->Safari->Privacy and Security ?

do not track (unchecked)
    Block cookies (allow from websites i visit)
    Fraudulent website warning (checked)

bearnecessities

Right, just to add to the weirdness.

I’ve not been logged out for a week now.

Nothing done here, no changes, but a complete reversal in usual problems. Anyone else experiencing normal service that usually doesn’t?

*awaits druidh to post he never has any problems* 🙂

gary

It occurred to me earlier that I don’t appear to have been logged out recently …

bearnecessities

That’ll do for me as a consensus 🙂

SYW overlords, take note! Something ‘done’ a week ago has stopped people that suffer the log-out issue, well, being logged out.

I await randomly being logged out constantly in a few weeks 🙂

scotroutes

That’s funny. I’ve been logged out every day for the past week!!!*

* not really.

bearnecessities

🙂

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I’m logged out ever single day I might not even complete this sente

bearnecessities

Anyone else enjoying this delightful phenomenon again over last few days?

Riksbar

Yup, getting it here 🙁

CountZero

Anyone else enjoying this delightful phenomenon again over last few days?

About as often as usual.

DickBarton

Not daily for me…but almost all my visits have been done on 1 device…but I was logged out so had to log back in…only once though (so far).

mogrim

Yeah, logged out again. I’m hoping Shaun will sort it out with the new website we’ve been promised.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yeah me too. Logged out four times in 6 days.
    To add I have just had the software upgrade on IOS so p’raps that’s it.
    Same in my iPho 6 too.

🙄

v8ninety

Mines acceptable. Once in the last week or so. Stayed on since.

Viewing 21 posts - 81 through 101 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘stw – please stop logging me out’ is closed to new replies.