Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 487 total)
  • STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?
  • sambob
    Free Member

i do like the idea of a shorter ride or split groups, my endurance isnt great 😕

hora
    Free Member

I'm very tempted but frightened of the difficult descents ( have only ever ridden bits of the Beast, never the whole of it) and the fact of holding people up, even Hora.

You've ridden part of it. Thats good enough for me. You can walk the bits you dont like. After all- its your body not anyone elses.

I've ridden with technically far better/gifted riders than me. Doesn't bother me. Its the shared/scared laughter that I like!

sambob
    Free Member

dont be surprised when you see a 14 year old, i am quite fit, and im not that bad at descending, promise 😀

hora
    Free Member

We need a sensible adult then. Whats the rules on young uns in groups?

sambob
    Free Member

my dad is coming along, but im not sure if he is very sensible at all, hes a fell runner :O

hora
    Free Member

sambob, thats fine (as long as your Dad comes along)- I think those are the guidelines folks?

will
    Free Member

Fell runner – Legend 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Bloody fit* buggers.

*Sambob thats fit as in physically healthy

nbt

hora – Member
    I've ridden with technically far better/gifted riders than me.

That's true, you've ridden with Bunnyhop and believe me, it wasn't her holding you up…

macbrother
    Free Member

I'd be well up for a tootle in the peaks if you've space for one more.

Might even av room int car for someone heading from Leeds.

John

sambob
    Free Member

will, i take it you are also a fell runner?

midlifecrashes

Transport permitting, can I play too?

Mr_C
    Free Member

I'd like to come and play, but the last time I went on a peaks ride only 3 other people turned up, and despite everyone claiming to be unfit and slow beforehand they were all racing snakes compared to me, and everytime it went slightly uphill I found reverse gear. If those of you claiming to be slower than a slow thing can assure me I won't embarrass myself again then I would really like to come along.

I really need to ride more this year but everyone I used to ride with has paired off with an anti-bike harpy (different ones, not the same one) and has to spend their spare time shopping for soft furnishings. So it would be good to find some new people to ride with (if I can be tolerated) as finding the motivation to do another lap of Sherwood Pines on my own is getting less and less (not that it was high before).

I definitely have more technique than speed (or stamina) and I don't exactly have a lot of technique.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Anyone need a lift from the Knutsford area then sing out..

longstuff
    Free Member

Mr C.
    Come along, you will enjoy Pooks rides

sambob
    Free Member

mr c, im sure you will be able to keep up with me. Like i said, i am only 14 😀

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Potentially, I'm in. Last one of these was good fun. Haven't ridden since then though so Mr C., fear not, there will be plenty of pushers to keep you company.

Actually, thinking about it, walking uphill is much easier without a bike. Maybe I'll leave it at home this time.

jon

Mr_C
    Free Member

mr c, im sure you will be able to keep up with me. Like i said, i am only 14

That's nearly the same age as me. When I say nearly, my age has the same two digits but in a slightly different order.

Actually, thinking about it, walking uphill is much easier without a bike. Maybe I'll leave it at home this time.

I've often wondered why I take my bike along when I go for a walk in the peaks.

hora
    Free Member

despite everyone claiming to be unfit and slow beforehand they were all racing snakes compared to me,

I hear you there. Rides with the likes of nbt aren't like that from what I remember – its been a few years!

I can climb hills albeit I am slow in the granny ring/largest cog. I'll also happily yap (too much).

Pook

This is turning into a good one i think. I'm going to be working away next week but I'll try to keep an eye on the pages and do my usual maps/directions etc!

😀

robdob
    Free Member

Mr C, I very much doubt you will feel out of place. I will be walking up most of the uphills, I'll have a go but you really have to be very very fit and technically excellent at the same time to get up most of the climbs in the Dark Peak.

I have been at the back on too many rides to leave someone struggling alone. I hate it when it happens to me so I try my best to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. It just ruins a days riding and puts you off going again, which is a shame.

We do need to plan where we are eating too!!

Mr_C
    Free Member

TBH, on the last peaks ride I did, I surprised myself and actually managed to ride all the climbs albeit very slowly. The only one I couldn't get up was the beast, but I don't think I would have been able to manage that even when I was actually fit.

Count me in then, and if I'm left trailing and you all wait for me and then ride off as soon as I catch up, be prepared to be sworn at.

[shuffles off to garage to see if he can remember what his bike looks like]

Pook

Well hora and I had a very pleasant burger in the nags head a few weeks back…

thepodge
    Free Member

I might bring more than a few snack bars this time, and have one of them massive burgers at the end

Pook

You know it makes sense!

will
    Free Member

Sambob – I do the odd bit yeh 😉

Looking forward to this now, just not sure which bike to come on?

hora
    Free Member

and have one of them massive burgers at the end

If I was sat in a bar and someone had one of those turn up. I'd promptly order one. Theres no two ways about it. Even if it held everyone up 😀

sambob
    Free Member

that burger sounds rather tempting, and my mum would be glad i wasnt emptying the fridge 🙂

SkipRatsBro
    Free Member

I`m up for the loop.
    Yet another one of the brotherhood is back to swell the pusher ranks.

Power to the pushers!!!!!

stonemonkey
    Free Member

gonna actually try and make it to this one , better get fit.

Pook

Peaks Pushers 23rd jan

James
    Hora
    Robdob
    Pook
    Skiprat
    Lyons
    Steelforreal
    Hetty
    Podge
    Matthew_h
    Ourkidsam
    Binners
    Will the too fit unicycle rider
    Bunnyhop
    Sambob
    Nbt
    Midlife
    Mr_C
    Teetosugars
    Markb
    Guitarmanjon
    Skip rats bro
    stonemonkey

will
    Free Member

Looks like similar numbers to before then 😀

Need to get my bike fixed now 😆

hora
    Free Member

Yet another one of the brotherhood is back to swell the pusher ranks.

Yay

simon1975

I'm probably come out to play again, as long as I'm not snowed-in.

Need to get my bike fixed now

I will if you will, Will 😉

justme
    Free Member

pook simple question
    why do you keep putting these rides on the same w/ends as other already sorted sunday stw rides?
    I would like to come along cos I dont know derbyshire hardly at all but its difficult to do sat and sun on the same w/e – I,m sure I'm not the only one g

will
    Free Member

Was going to anyway 😉 More fun you see.

Don't think dates are deliberate tbh.

hora
    Free Member

justme, Im guessing the Lakes ride will be a biggie. Quite a distance away from each other as well. So they are different enough to appeal to different riders?

Plus. Some folk naturally can get out one day of the weekend and not another so thats ok.

justme
    Free Member

hora I just feel that if they (or published rides in general) were on different w/e's it would open them up to more people eg those with family commitments that don't allow them to do both, I'm really generalising but it may be something to consider esp in the summer months.
    g

robdob
    Free Member

I for one am really glad it's on a Saturday as I can't make Sundays at all. Why not organise another ride on another weekend? I'm sure there's lots if people in your situation who could come. I haven't been able to get on a STW ride yet so I am very grateful I can make this one!!

I am thinking that getting a STW regular on board for your chosen date may swe the numbers attending.

Bunnyhop

justme – you are welcome to ride with us anytime. We normally do a Peaks ride most weekends and know th area well. Bring mr. potatohead too., or anyone for that matter
    nbt has his e-mail address in his profile if you want to get in touch.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 487 total)

The topic ‘STW Peaks pootlers – 23rd jan peaks loop?’ is closed to new replies.