Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • stw nidderdale ride roll call. 28th…..
  • thefallguy
    Free Member

should be there if I can wake up early enough 😉

ton

i have a feeling that me and deejay might be riding by ourselves tomorrow………….. 😉

nosemineb
    Free Member

Hoping to drop in at the car park as i am riding over. Hoping your going to head over to Scar house then i will make my way home some time after half way. Have you a route in mind?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    lowey

i have a feeling that me and deejay might be riding by ourselves tomorrow……

Cheeky bugger!!

I'll be there come what may.

ton

😆

firestarter
    Free Member

im there mate will be on the ht as my talas from the sus are not playing any more i have to ride on sun im on crutches from tues 🙁

DeeJay
    Free Member

Can't be worse than Kirkby Stephen – – can it?????????????

izakimak
    Free Member

As long as we don't start on a freshly clipped hedge lined bridleway, no it can't be worse than KS 🙂

ton

i like cold and rain.
    thin fit people suffer in rain and cold.
    shitbuffalo's thrive in cold and rain………… 😉

wors

just seen the weather radar for tomorrow. 😆 😆 😆

izakimak
    Free Member

I've just made flapjack, **** the weather!

nosemineb
    Free Member

Hope you all made it back ok?! I went home via lofthouse bank then turned right offroad to Grewlthorpe. There was a bit of snow to start with but it soon dissapeared after a mile or so.
    Shame about the snow its usually a brilliant ride.
    Some pics/snaps below from Facebook which i have set to everyone as a privacy setting so you should be able to view them if you login first not sure how it works really you might need a FB account.
    nidderdale snaps
    Tired now 😆

Cooroo
    Free Member

Great ride – thanks Ton for leading! Enjoyed meeting lots of nice people, and eating their cake, flapjacks and chocolate caramelly things. And jelly babies. And thanks to the kind man who lent me glove liners when I was nearly crying from pain.

Pity about the snow, but everyone had a good time.

ton

nosemineb
    mate we rode up the same way, but went left and did the shooting house descent.
    pretty slippy, but awesome all the same.

cooroo, nice to meet you and your hubby. 8)

teagirl
    Free Member

We had such a good day, thanks to you all for encouragement and good guiding! Tea and flapjack hit the spot and my bath has at last made me warm. Apologies for slowing the pace, early in the season + so not fit! Must try harder!

I'll have a look at photos later, who's profile am I looking at?

ton

a very very rare photo……… 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

cheers for the ride nice to meet you all. Hope the surgeon on tues is less painful than those road climb 🙂 proper killed my legs, feet not too clever either lol. At least you all got to see a comedy dismount as most of you missed mine 🙂 oh tony mrs likes the phone too cheers mate

Vortexracing

Bloody hell is that DJ 'pushing'?

lowey

🙁

My bb self destructed in a big way. By the time I got back there were no bearings left at all, and they had bust the BB shell and gouged out the crank arm. Bugger, bugger, bugger.

Anyway… some pics to be found by clicking the image. Glad you all had a good one. Cheers for leading Tony. Anyone discuss the next one ?

ton

snow, deep snow……….. 😉

igm

Thanks everyone. Excellent ride – the pushes? Well that's snow for you.

I'll know to bring cake next time (though by the look of me in Lowey's photo I should maybe not any myself).

I was the Scot on the Five in orange and grey at the start of the ride and an additional yellow jacket by the end.

Iain

DeeJay
    Free Member

Good ride Ton – nice to meet some new faces – unfortunately I forgot to put a memory card in my camera so hardly any photo's

There are a couple more if you click the pic

ton

looks like lowey is tampering with his bike….perhaps??? 😉

izakimak
    Free Member

Nice day out again bar the pushing through the snow. Perhaps lowey foresaw this and thought better of it :wink:. Next one is in the pipeline and will be revealed during the week. The cakes that teagirl provided were quite frankly outstanding! so much better than may flapjack 😳

izakimak
    Free Member

Ton your secret is safe only cause i'm a luddite.

gruffalosoldier
    Free Member

Evening all.

Just wanted to say thanks for making a new boy feel welcome.

Had a cracking day in the saddle (which I've just thrown in the bin!!) despite the snow, a fecked bottom bracket and a bruise on my leg the size of a tennis ball.

Any chance of another crack at it when the weather's a bit better!!

igm

PS sorry for rushing off at the end, but I'd promised my 3 year old a trip to the curry house. Anyway now full (too full) of curry and about to fall asleep. A most enjoyable day.

teagirl
    Free Member

Oh, now my brain has warmed up, a huge thanks to the top blokes that sorted my brake pads out, I'd have still been there sorting it by the time you all came back down again!

Hey, izakimak, your flapjack was just what I needed, gorgeous with ginger nom nom!

thefallguy
    Free Member

Some great photos of the day folks! Thanks Ton for the organisation of a great ride, a really top day out with great company (and cakes!). 😀

Looking at my bike, it needs new pads front and rear (rears have gone completely) and a new seat clamp as mine snapped at the start of the shooting house descent – riding back with my post right down has killed my knees too 🙄

Jon (black stumpjumper, black jacket)

montylikesbeer

Great ride Tony, however note to self GET FITTER.

Superb to see you folks and great flapjack "to boot"

StuE
    Free Member

Morning all, great day out yesterday,great bunch of folk and fantastic cake as well, what more could you ask for (less snow)For anyone who might be interested this is the link to the Mountainbike marathon site http://www.mtb-marathon.co.uk/

igm

note to self GET FITTER

Plus 1 (since 1971)

lowey

looks like lowey is tampering with his bike

No just trying to get out most of the fresh dog egg that I cycled through in the car park!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

Lowey I seem to recall you saying before we set off that the ride would not go well due to the evil omen of the dog -george on your tyre. next thing your bottom bracket goes and by the end of the trundle thru the snow my shoes had dissolved – do you have mystic powers/ gypsy blood ? , and the weather turned bad the second you turned back —— mart

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

unfortunately I forgot to put a memory card in my camera so hardly any photo's

WW-HH-AA-TT ???

I've just checked in my camera case and I only have one spare so I'd be limited to 2000 shots…

DeeJay
    Free Member

WW-HH-AA-TT ???

No need to shout – I have a few spares but for some inexplicable reason I lifted it out of my bike bag on Saturday night and left it in the garage 🙁

clareymorris

Sounds like a grand day out – what were the numbers for this one?!?!

DeeJay
    Free Member

what were the numbers for this one?!?!

23 lovely people were lead a merry dance by ton 😆 – ginormous road climbs followed by pushing through snow 😉

lowey

and the weather turned bad the second you turned back

Sorry chaps. My usual powers of weather providing must have followed me back.

firestarter
    Free Member

who was the crazy guy on the blizzard? Your flapjack stuff was great 🙂 what was it

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘stw nidderdale ride roll call. 28th…..’ is closed to new replies.