Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • STW killfile plugin?
  • IanMunro
    Free Member

Anyone know if there’s a firefox or chrome plugin that just makes posts from certain users just not appear on the rendered web page in the first place?
    Or if this would be relatively simple thing to do with Greasemonkey?

wwaswas

that’s wierd, a post with no content, my ‘Ian Munro’ filter must have kicked in.

Name and shame 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d love if I could do this too.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh! Oh! Now we can play guess who Ian wants to ignore!

iain1775
    Free Member

can you read this??

No, can’t be me then 😉

Admiralable
    Free Member

I think DD wants to ignore Ian and Ian wants to ignore everyone except Fred

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I actually want to ignore myself because I’m a right pain in the arse.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Why hasn’t anyone replied?
    With one exception, I think pretty much everyone on STW is lovely, even the people I can’t stand 🙂
    Looks like I might have to try out grease monkey to enact the final solution.

thebunk

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby present…

The STW Personal Blacklister script!

If you are using the latest version of Chrome, click on the link and install the script. If you refresh this page, you’ll have a few extra options on the thread summary at the top:

Click on “Filtered Authors” to set up your blacklist.
    Click on “Posts Replaced” to toggle between hiding blacklisted posts or replacing their post with something more pleasing to you.

I don’t think I’ve broken any rules by doing this, but if I have, I’ll take it down again.

I think it works in Firefox too, though I haven’t tested it…

Obviously I’m not responsible if this breaks anything, blah blah. Any bugs or requests, post here and I’ll do what I can.

Apologies to Ro, Fred, TJ…. 😈

user-removed
    Free Member

Where is elfin these days? Is he banned?

Garry_Lager

Got potential that thebunk – thks. Can it work for the entire forum in general, or is it only on a per thread basis? Seems fine in ffox bbtw.

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…awesome.

Don’t worry DD, you were merely a test subject 😉

Might have to move over to Chrome from Safari full time now…..

allthegear
    Free Member

Ah! I’ve been looking for a really good example of using jQuery to manipulate content – this is perfect – thanks!!!

(please feel free to manipulate this post out of existence)

Rachel

eth3er
    Free Member

How do ‘the powers that be’ feel about this?

Jamie
    Free Member

How do ‘the powers that be’ feel about this?

They are probably using it right now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Grrr. Thanks Jamie 🙁

I hope whatever plays your music in your car sucks 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

epicyclo

Brilliant!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Awesome work theBunk!!
    Cheers!!

thebunk

Cheers all – didn’t expect it to be downloaded so much, the code is a bit shonky…probably would have spent more time on it if I’d known!

I’ll try and do another update in the next few days, so that it does the same thing on the main forum pages, and is a bit tidier and faster to download.

Am going for my first night ride tonight, so updates are dependant on me surviving…

p.s. Forgot to say, I did a quick update so that you can click on the replacement text to view the originally post. If it doesn’t do that for you then click on the link again to reinstall it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really really dullard IT question thebunk. Will the script work for Chrome on a mac?

thebunk

Well deadly, I don’t have a Mac, but I reckon it will. You could be my test monkey – give it a go and report back?

Jamie
    Free Member

Really really dullard IT question thebunk. Will the script work for Chrome on a mac?

Yes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

this is a curious form of mental laziness: “I want to be spared the effort of not reading something” – discounting the fact that even annoying people can say useful or entertaining things, or even that change is possible…

clubber
    Free Member

Funny, I see a blank post after Jamie’s one saying ‘Yes’.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Can I assume you often listen to/read the warblings of Nick Girffin then for the same reason?

uplink
    Free Member

me too clubber – I’m sure he had something worthwhile to say but hey ho!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Don’t worry Simon you’re not on my list.
    I’m sure there’s occasionally entertaining and profound stuff in the Daily Mail, but it’s rarity makes not having it delivered through my letter box in the first place a sensibly pragmatic decision for me. I’m glad you’re still holding on to hope though 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d place a wager that killfile users cant keep it up for long. Someone on their kill-list will post something controversial, there’ll be a good ol’fashioned STW lynchin’, and there’s no way they can supress their curiousity to see what kicked it all off. Gruesome interest, like watching a car crash 🙂

uplink
    Free Member

I’d place a wager that killfile users cant keep it up for long. Someone on their kill-list will post something controversial, there’ll be a good ol’fashioned STW lynchin’, and there’s no way they can supress their curiousity to see what kicked it all off. Gruesome interest, like watching a car crash

We could of course be using [& advertising that we use] a killfile purely to get them to say something controversial 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Stoner, certainly at the moment it’s more fun not knowing, as all you see are random posts in the middle of threads proclaiming what an idiot xxx is 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

At least Im happy in the knowledge that Im not on Ian or uplink’s kill-lists.

I’ll have to keep my own list to log who acknowledges my posts and who doesnt and obviously thinks Im an arse 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Is it me?

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it me?

Not everything revolves around you Molgrips.

Junkyard
    Free Member

this really does not work if you keep quoting people 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

this really does not work if you keep quoting people

Not for other people no, but fine for me and that is all what matters thanks 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Don’t worry Simon you’re not on my list.

and I’m sure I couldn’t care less if those dimwitted enough to require software support to protect their eyes from unwanted posters don’t read me :o)

I’m sure there’s occasionally entertaining and profound stuff in the Daily Mail, but it’s rarity makes not having it delivered through my letter box in the first place a sensibly pragmatic decision for me. I’m glad you’re still holding on to hope though

but I see a difference between choosing not to read the Daily Mail and trying to expunge every reference to it…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Elfinsafety said something stupid.

IanMunro
    Free Member

It’s not true Elf!

but I see a difference between choosing not to read the Daily Mail and trying to expunge every reference to it…

Good for you.

Garry_Lager

The killfile’s a good idea for those 1 or 2 drivel merchants on here who appear to have no interest, knowledge or passion for cycling.

I’ve got nothing against drivel merchants, as long as they post about bikes once in a blue moon. Show some common ground – know what I mean? If we can all go mountain biking at the end of the day then everything’s fine – post what you want.

People complain about classified-only posters not contributing to the forums – there should be similar opprobium for those who squat in the chat forum dispensing non-stop cabbagery. Post something about cycling ye bell ends.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘STW killfile plugin?’ is closed to new replies.