Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • STW Friday Six-Pack Club
  • bigrich

Amobeic dysentery and shart yourself thin.

bigrich

or, at the risk of sounding negative, how about no cake and less than 12 pints a week?

and replacing cake with steamed chicken + steamed veg in tiny portions, – – and thats it.

BadlyWiredDog

Thanks for the advice, some of you seem a little, erm, ‘basic’ in your nutritional thinking. I think it’s fair to say that we’ve moved on from the days when it as all about just reducing calorific intake, the latest science seems to be saying that it’s as much or more about how you combine your core foods. Do you honestly think that Brad Pitt gave up beer and chocolate when he was filming for Fight Club, because I don’t, I think he actually drinks during the film in fact.

I do accept that I may have to cut back on these core food groups, but I certaily don’t have any intention of abstaining – that would be unhealthy and, I think, for me, ultimately counter-productive. As for replacing cake with steamed chicken and steamed veg, all I can say – and not in an offensive way either – is ffs get a life.

‘Dog, whilst I am not up for the six pack by Christmas challenge, I do some Gym work over the winter. I have been using a great book “Weight Training for Cyclists” by Ken Doyle and Eric Schmitz
    Ok it isn’t targetted at a siz pack, but it is aimed at improving your core strength (something a lot of cyclists lack).

Like I said above, I’m focussed on my abs. I’m not really bothered about core fitness, though if it improves as a result of eating slightly less, then that’s a bonus for sure.

Thanks all. I’m planning to go for a walk later to burn some abdominal fat and not to the cake shop either before you scoff.

Jamie
    Free Member

BWD. Watch this (make a cup of tea as its 80min documentary)

http://vidreel.com/video/NTk0MDU0/

Then think about possibly cutting out your 12 pints a week.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

No cake, no Green & Black’s, no alcohol.

5K run every morning, sit-ups and ab crunches til’ you feel sick (morning and night).

More resisting cake, Green & Black’s and alcohol.

BadlyWiredDog

Then think about possibly cutting out your 12 pints a week.

Like I said before, I don’t intend to drink 12 pints every week, it’s a maximum, it could be as few as eight or nine. I don’t really have time to watch your home movie I’m afraid. Is it one of these wobbling round southern singletrack things?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – I’ve offered what I believe to be excellent advice.
    IIRC Brad Pitt did make some massive changes to his diet in preparation for fight club…

Out – Vicky Sponge, Cup Cakes and Batenburg
    In – Lardy Cake, Eton Mess and Danish Pastries

[edit] I’m pretty certain that Cherry Bakewells are on the ‘in’ list too [edit]

BadlyWiredDog

5K run every morning, sit-ups and ab crunches til’ you feel sick (morning and night).

No offence, but try reading my previous post and be a bit more imaginative with your nutritional thinking. I’m confident that my plan will be both more effective and more enjoyable. I suspect that be eating foods that specifically target abdominal fat, I’ll be able to achieve my goals without such ridiculous measures.

Jamie
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog:

I don’t really have time to watch your home movie I’m afraid. Is it one of these wobbling round southern singletrack things?

I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

No offence, but try reading my previous post and be a bit more imaginative with your nutritional thinking. I’m confident that my plan will be both more effective and more enjoyable. I suspect that be eating foods that specifically target abdominal fat, I’ll be able to achieve my goals without such ridiculous measures.

None taken, but you’re coming across a little like one of those ‘bubbly’ women who order a quarter pounder with cheese, chips and a large Coke before uttering those immortal words ‘Actually, make that a Diet Coke’, as if it’s some kind of magic potion.

soobalias
    Free Member

I’m confident that my plan will be both more effective and more enjoyable.

im willing to bet that you are 50% right there.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Diet Coke does not work!

I do think you need to vary your drinking though.

You could subsitiute alternate beers with cider and perry. This will stop your body becoming accustomed to one particular type of alcohol so should prevent ‘plateau’. It has the added benefit of giving you at least 2 of your 5-a-day.

theotherjonv

The thought of abdominal crunches makes me feel sick. I guess on a psychosomatic level that will already be doing me good then?

But if I pull the threads of this thread together, do i understand that it’s the combination of food groups that causes the effect? Won’t therefore vomiting them back up and so preventing their synergistic effects occurring, actually reduce your fat burning potential.

I’m so confused. And to cap it all, i keep getting this whooshing sound in my ears.

soobalias
    Free Member

Jamie – Member
    I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly?

BadlyWiredDog – Member
    I suspect that be eating foods that specifically target abdominal fat….

dunno about jolly, that there is frickin hilarious.

nickc

I know, get a tattoo of a six pack drawn on your tummy. decent one mind you, none of this end of the pier tramp stamp nonsense. You could get on one of those discovery channel series (you might have to go to LA though)

Then you won’t have to cut down on beer AT ALL!! six pack with no effort at all.

Cool

Bunnyhop

😆

DezB
    Free Member

bravohotel9er – Member

That ^

Is the only way to get a 6-pack. Anything else you’re kidding yourself. (not the only way, obviously, but something very much like that)
    Last time I had anything remotely defined in the abs area I was boxing training 4 hrs a week, running twice a week and playing regular badminton ([edit]Plus I was 30 years old!)

It takes proper fat burning exercise + correct diet to lost the fat from the stomach – cycling doesn’t help much as abs are not used.

I do the same, if not more exercise than a few years ago (including daily dog walks, which don’t do anything for fat burning) and my “paunch” seems to be growing anyway – middle aged spread, I believe. I drink about 1-2pints a week on average.

Beer has to be one of the worst things to keep up.

epicyclo

Why would anyone want a set of 6 puny little muscles on their midriff?

A real man has 1 large muscle there, often so large it hangs over his belt. 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

None taken, but you’re coming across a little like one of those ‘bubbly’ women who order a quarter pounder with cheese, chips and a large Coke before uttering those immortal words ‘Actually, make that a Diet Coke’, as if it’s some kind of magic potion

That’s quite offensive. Not just to me, but also to women reading this thread. I’m a little disappointed at how negative many of these posts are, if I wanted to be told that the only way to get a six-pack was to eat less and train harder, I’d go over to some bloody body fascist exercise asylum, but it seems quite a few of the inmates have found their way over here.

And where did I mention drinking bloody Diet Coke? That’s the whole point of it, I don’t want to swill down that sort of crap, I want to achieve my objectives without having to resort to masochistic extremes and by simply following a normal diet and exercise regime. I’m off out now for a two-mile walk, which is more than can be said for most of you.

maxray
    Free Member

Where do I sign up.. alas I have already missed my morning half a green and blacks so fear I may fall off the wagon a bit quickly.

nickc

I’m off out now for a two-mile walk, which is more than can be said for most of you.

remember to clench. Strain those tummy muscles…Gurn as you walk as you clench. F*ck this lot, they don’t understand real life training…

You’ll probably loose a few kilos as well, maybe in as short time as 3 weeks, I’m guessing maybe about 6 kilos….

nickc

Ohhh, I’ve just thought of a brilliant one…

Employ some-one with a six pack to impersonate you at important meetings and social gatherings, and engineer situations where they have to take off their shirts to reveal the six pack…Make sure all your friends know, so they can refer to the body double as you rather than you, obviously…

Your wife will go along with this, promise….

DezB
    Free Member

bloody body fascists

Is that what you call realists?

BadlyWiredDog

Is that what you call realists?

It’s so British isn’t it, to sneer at anyone who dares to espouse a viewpoint which differs from the accepted norm and call it ‘realism’. I call those people ‘sheep’ because they lack imagination and originality and hide behind convention to dodge the mundanity of their thinking.

BadlyWiredDog

Employ some-one with a six pack to impersonate you at important meetings and social gatherings, and engineer situations where they have to take off their shirts to reveal the six pack…Make sure all your friends know, so they can refer to the body double as you rather than you, obviously…

I applaud your rich fantasy life, but some of us live in the real world, thanks.

DezB
    Free Member

Nothing to do with being British. If it was as “easy” as you seem to think, there wouldn’t be so many people with big guts!
    Your rallying cry to get people to join you seems to be to disagree with anything posted in the most obnoxious way possible.
    I would say good luck to you as I depart this thread, but I don’t give a sh1t how you get on.

DrP

It takes proper fat burning exercise + correct diet to lost the fat from the stomach – cycling doesn’t help much as abs are not used.

Newsflash – YOU CAN’T ‘CHOOSE’ WHERE YOU BURN FAT FROM!!.
    Excersing a muscle group does just that – excercise that group. Depending on the intensity you will either:
    a) increase energy useage from the muscle (i.e. burn fat from the WHOLE BODY – not just the overlying lard)
    b) increase the size of the muscle, plus a)

So, as has been said, sit ups/core ex to increase the size of the muscle group, and lose weight/fat to show them off.
    No use hiding your sexy bling abs under a duvet of winter insulation is there……!

Beer, chocolate, cake, chips – fine every now and then, but make a diet of them (which I’m afraid tosay it sounds like you are, especially with the alcohol) and you’ll never get that washboard!

DrP

All this coming from a man who confidently rode the XC race at last years BBB in his Speedos!!! 😉

BadlyWiredDog

DrP, are you really a medical doctor? And why did you ride a race in your Speedos? Just wondering.

BadlyWiredDog

Your rallying cry to get people to join you seems to be to disagree with anything posted in the most obnoxious way possible.
    I would say good luck to you as I depart this thread, but I don’t give a sh1t how you get on.

I’m truly sorry if I offended you, you just seem very inflexible in your thinking. I do accept that others may be right and I may be wrong, but it seems very few people are prepared to return the compliment and accept that there may be some validity in my thinking. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

BWD – Brillaint trolling posts.

‘I want to be thin, so I’m down to just half a bar of choc a day’ – Genius!

‘I want to lose fat from my abs only’ – Sublime!

Good luck with this. I can’t wait to see the photos.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

BadlyWiredDog – Member

That’s quite offensive. Not just to me, but also to women reading this thread. I’m a little disappointed at how negative many of these posts are, if I wanted to be told that the only way to get a six-pack was to eat less and train harder, I’d go over to some bloody body fascist exercise asylum, but it seems quite a few of the inmates have found their way over here.

I think you and Margaret from human resources should get yourself down to the spinning class on Tuesday night.

After 15 minutes of mild physical exertion, you can go to Harvester to discuss your uniquely laissez-faire fitness regime over a mega combo platter. As long as you stick to 4 pints or less to accompany your meal, you’ll be dancing on a podium at G-A-Y clad only in orange PVC hot pants before you can say ‘Rosemary Conley’.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

I’ve just eaten a white chocolate Reese’s Cup.

There were two in the packet, but I only had one. Buff by morning or my money back.

mboy
    Free Member

My plan is to limit myself to no more than four pints in any one session and never to go drinking more than three times a week, maximum, not minimum in case anyone was wondering.

Errr… You know the answer here…

My mate was drinking probably only 2 pints a night, about 4 or 5 nights a week, wondered why he was getting fat… Bear in mind he was going down the gym most evenings too. Anyway, his metabolism is not as fast as it used to be, and the extra 300 odd calories per pint on top of a normal healthy diet were what was doing for him…

Bike riding is CRAP exercise for shifting fat… I know loads of fat fit people that ride bikes. If you really want to get rid of the fat and get a six pack, stop drinking Beer full stop! And don’t just ride a bike, you’ll need to do lots of other different types of exercise too, and if it’s the 6 pack you really want, then probably hundreds of sit ups per day!

crazy-legs

You could always employ Contador’s doctor and get him to prescribe you some clenbuterol…

😉

lockrobnkel
    Free Member

Hey BWD, just an opinion here if you are serious then you will need to cut the beer out mate, chocolate or cake (not both together :D) can be a treat ONCE a week and make sure you up your water intake.
    Concentrate on pelvic floor exercises squeeze and hold for 5 do this throughout the day and this will strengthen your core, you need to work from the inside out. As for sit ups you have so many variations to hit all sections of your stomach, combine these with lying leg raises and crunches all these need to be carried out slowly with maximum resistance.
    When you feel like your going to cry or throw up (and you will) keep going, to be honest the target you have set yourself is a huge and I wish you all the best

el_boufador

Oh I dunno. Drinking a bit of ale isn’t the end of the world. I’m trying to lose a bit of weight, mainly to see how fast I can get on my bike. I’ve cut out all snacking, moderated my portions down a bit, choosing foods as healthy as I can. Also trying to get out riding as much as I can. Lost about 10lb over 6 weeks. Still drinking about 12 pints a week though!

crazy-legs

No-one has yet suggested a subscription to this:

😉

…but it seems very few people are prepared to return the compliment and accept that there may be some validity in my thinking.

Because there isn’t, maybe ?

Except the bit about replacing chocolate with ice cream.
    Ice cream melts once it’s inside you and the calories simply disappear.
    You can eat as much ice cream as you want.

TenMen
    Free Member

I think it’s fair to say that we’ve moved on from the days when it as all about just reducing calorific intake, the latest science seems to be saying that it’s as much or more about how you combine your core foods.

I lost three and a half stone in lard over 4 months by exercising for an hour every day and eating 3 normal, healthy meals a day, but cutting out all sweets, biscuits, chocolate etc throughout the week. On saturdays I’d eat an industrial size pack of malteasers and knock back at least a bottle of red, but back to normal the next day. And it was boring and not much fun, but it worked. All this Atkins and ‘South Beach’ and core dieting and whatever else diets are, IMHO, rubbish. Don’t get me wrong, I wish you luck, but it’s not easy. And the bit around your stomach is always the last to go. And the first to reappear!

DrP

Yes, I am a medical doctor….
    And as for riding an xc race in speeds – ’twas the bbb, seemed like the thing to do….!
    DrP

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘STW Friday Six-Pack Club’ is closed to new replies.