• This topic has 123 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by taka.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)
  • STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call
  • gingerflash

I have numb fingers and thumbs, legs have collapsed once or twice, chest spasms/pain, shoulder pain. neurologist found some weird reflexes and triceps weakness. MRI shows “something odd” but they don’t know what. another scan in 3 months and osteopath in the meantime.

Cause? No idea. Have had intermittent problems for years but has got much worse in the last few months.

Anyway, I’m feeling OK at the moment so I might be able to do the whole thing. Really hope so.

Vortexracing

sounds blooddy awful GF. Hope they find out what it is

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

can we refrain from discussing my sex life on here please?

apparently not :o)

Wharfedale
    Free Member

Should be there, will also try and get my brother to tag along. Look forward to meeting you guys (& girls)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Simon – have you decided which group to grace with your presence?

GF – bring your own disclaimer! 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Simon – have you decided which group to grace with your presence?

don’t you mean “inflict myself on” ? And the answer is no – shall have to chat with the Bog Trotter ride leader 🙂

lowey

Forecast is now looking very good. Bring you sun cream!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Yay! I’m looking forward to it.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Dave, what made you choose the road climb out of Settle instead of the grassy bridleway to Gorbeck Road ?

mrsflash
    Free Member

Sadism?

DeeJay
    Free Member

Simon – that would’nt be you trying to change the route and take over a ride you might not be going on would it????? – Some people might not come because of that you know . . . . . 😆
    (mind you I did wonder myself. . . . .)

lowey

Dave, what made you choose the road climb out of Settle instead of the grassy bridleway to Gorbeck Road ?

Dont know it Simon… can you point it out on Streetmap please ?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it’s *HERE*

turn right at Clay Pits Plantation and the (now sanitised) track takes you all the way to Langscar Gate, though we usually split off to Black Hill and Streets and go round the back of the tarn. Despite the markings on the map this is part of an official bike route…
    click pic for more (with route attached)

PS much more rideable than Stockdale Lane, and no horrible road climb to start

Simon – that would’nt be you trying to change the route and take over a ride you might not be going on would it????? – Some people might not come because of that you know

I was trying to be helpful, and wasn’t sure Dave knew about this way :o)

lowey

Never even knew it was there Simon, shown as a path on My MM. I’ve never done it, but have done the Bridleway out of Settle to the road just about the hairpins.

I agree it does look better as the road out of Settle is a bastard and Stockdale lane can be a push also.

Is it easy enough to follow on the ground ? or better still if Deejay has done it can you lead the way ?

JxL
    Free Member

Lowey – how does it compare to last Coniston ride? Would like to know as not sure if I can survive another killer ;P

lowey

JXL, on paper its longer distance slightly less ascent, but is very “peddally”.

Last time I did it a couple of years ago I was shagged out at the end.

You’ll be fine.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Is it easy enough to follow on the ground ? or better still if Deejay has done it can you lead the way ?

the hardest bit is finding it up a narrow alley from the square – after that it’s quite obvious 🙂 The first 200m are very steep but rideable for most

(square is by TH)

hora
    Free Member

gingerflash. I wouldnt do it. All the best.

D0NK

Forecast is now looking very good. Bring you sun cream!

Hmm lunchtime news/weather wasn’t so confident
    Got my fingers crossed

“very “peddally””
    “shagged out”
    “You’ll be fine” 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Again, are there any bailout points? I can cope with circa 25miles, after that I would be a liability.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

yes, several 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Seriously??? They arent a mission in themselves are they to get back round to the start point?

wors

I can cope with circa 25miles, after that I would be a liability.

mincer

lowey

the hardest bit is finding it up a narrow alley from the square – after that it’s quite obvious The first 200m are very steep but rideable for most

I know that bit fine thanks Simon, the bits I havent done are from Clay pits to Langscar Gate.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

the bits I havent done are from Clay pits to Langscar Gate.

easy-peasy 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Seriously??? They arent a mission in themselves are they to get back round to the start point?

seriously, you can drop out at Rainscar or Helwith Bridge and take the road straight back

hora
    Free Member

SFB- you said last time the chicken’ bits were a slog back in themselves?

lowey

Donk, just checked metcheck and the fookers have changed it… your right.

I knew I would jinx it saying it would be fine. The Bastards!

D0NK

still could go either way yet lowey, dont get disheartened 😉

ChrisE
    Free Member

Harry-Horse, are ou joining this lot on Sunday?

C

Junkyard
    Free Member

Hora your will you wont you is such a tradition of these rides
    For this one I suggest a disguise either a grim reaper costume or a Burka your choice 😉

hora
    Free Member

ChrisE
    Free Member

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

. <—- that’s my pic posting as a microdot

lowey

Junkyard does have a point Hora… just come along and enjoy yourself and stop worrying about bail outs / holding people up. You’ll have a blast.

ton

hora, if a fat fecker like me can get round these rides, WTF are you worrying about. MTFU you soft manc shyte……………… 😉

Vortexracing

I love this site, it’s full of caring, understanding, sympathetic people.

🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

it’s full of caring, understanding, sympathetic people.

and hora appears to need all there is…

lowey

Harry-Horse, are ou joining this lot on Sunday?

Unfortunately, Harry has got his daughter on Sunday so cant make it 🙁

ChrisE
    Free Member

Thought I might pop out on th eride & bail out when it goes past home that’s all. Just that I don’t know any of the STW’ers

C

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘STW Dales Ride – 28th June – Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.