Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • STW car sticker? Would you display one?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got a couple of biking related stickers on my cars. What would a STW car sticker say about you?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Not a STW one no way but I do have a small hope green union Jack sticker in the corner of the rear window.

allthepies
    Free Member

“do you singletrack” ?

donsimon
    Free Member

An STW sticker would probably say that I was, and I quote, a middle class whiney cockbag.
    I have an MTB-Wales sticker, not sure I’d want to be identified in public as an STWer.

jimc101
    Free Member

I ride a half decent bike, come an nick it. Would not have anything bike realted on the outside of my car.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What would a STW car sticker say about you?

“I’m an overweight, stuffy, pompous engineer with a lack of personality who likes to have petty arguments with people just like me” ?

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought you were a chippy, ernie.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Which explains why I wouldn’t have a STW car sticker.

and would rather prefer this one :

user-removed
    Free Member

No shame here – I quite like wasting my life on here and reading the mag 🙂 I’d have one!

bland

I have a TEAM sperm one!

mikertroid
    Free Member

It would say:

“Please break into my car/van and help yourself to my bike” or

“Please follow me home and break into my shed” or

“The house that this car is parked infront of has a bike that is yours for the taking”

Cynic? Me?!

donsimon
    Free Member

It must be so nice living in the UK.
    I’ve left my bike in an unlocked car outside the house for a weekend.
    Left the bike in the garden while I’ve been shopping.

SaxonRider

don simon – Member

I have an MTB-Wales sticker…

So do I, but it is a bit obsolete now, isn’t it? 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

They’ve closed Wales? 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

All European countries have a problem with car theft and thefts from cars, and Spain’s is among the worst (particularly thefts from cars).

National figures indicate that there’s a theft from a car every three minutes in Spain as a whole and even more frequently in the cities of Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Articles/Travel-Leisure/Car-crime-in-Spain

SaxonRider

don simon – Member
    They’ve closed Wales?

Almost… but no, we’re pulling through. 😉

But of course, I refer to MTB-Wales, which seems to be dying a death.

donsimon
    Free Member

I thought it went ages ago as the guy running it couldn’t be arsed/ had other projects.

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve left my bike in an unlocked car outside the house for a weekend

tempting fate there
    you’ll come home to this

cynic-al
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    “I’m an overweight, stuffy, pompous engineer with a lack of personality who likes to have petty arguments with people just like me” ?

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

duntmatter
    Free Member

It would only make sense on this

or this

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It would say:

“Please break into my car/van and help yourself to my bike”

Thank goodness I didnt have one back in the day!

tankslapper
    Free Member

‘Jesus is coming…………..look busy’

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

What’s that suppose to mean ?……………you got a problem with overweight, stuffy, pompous engineers who lack personality and like to have petty arguments ?

dogbert
    Free Member

This gets my vote

Cougar

Would not have anything bike realted on the outside of my car.

Guess I’m in big trouble with the pair of cycle racks on the roof of mine, then.

duntmatter
    Free Member

😆

bigG
    Free Member

dogbert +1 I want one of those!

Squidlord
    Free Member

+1

WANT

juiced
    Free Member

lol.

PJM1974
    Free Member

@Dogbert

I’ll take two!

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ll take two!

One for the Mondeo, one for the MX5? 😀

CountZero

Funnily enough, not only would I, I do, and have since around ’04, first on my Puma, and now, ironically, considering the pic posted up there ?, on my Octavia. It’s the site URL, in the same font as the magazine masthead, like dogbert’s excellent example, although mine doesn’t have the additional text underneath. It’s looking a bit shabby now, vinyl lettering suffers with UV and time, and it’s been on the Octi for five or six years now.

donsimon
    Free Member

All European countries have a problem with car theft and thefts from cars, and Spain’s is among the worst (particularly thefts from cars).

National figures indicate that there’s a theft from a car every three minutes in Spain as a whole and even more frequently in the cities of Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia.

http://www.justlanded.com/english/Spain/Articles/Travel-Leisure/Car-crime-in-Spain
    Statistics from Google, they must be right and my first hand experience wrong. C’mon ernie, you can do better than that, nothing from your sister who lives in Spain?

rOcKeTdOg

Sign me up for dogberts sticker to please

Drac

Based on first hand experience I’d say UK is fine too, often leave mine out when it’s been washed and drying. It’s even there this am from last night as thanks to alcohol I forgot about it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Statistics from Google, they must be right and my first hand experience wrong. C’mon ernie, you can do better than that, nothing from your sister who lives in Spain?

Well if you look at the link you’ll see that the source isn’t Google, Google merely provides the link. Should anyone who finds STW Forum through Google reject all of your comments they might read ?

And I am indeed aware of Spain’s high rate of theft from cars in part, because of comments from my sister – who I have no doubt has lived in Spain considerable longer than you (and my brother lived in Madrid before she did btw)

I use my cars as mobile tool sheds/offices/tea room, my sister has commented on how I am lucky that no one ever breaks into them because of the sheer quantity of stuff they contain, and claims that in Madrid they would attract thieves like flies to shit.

I am also aware how before she had a car with an integral radio she always removed her radio every time she left her car – as did many car owners. I remember being struck how many people hung around in bars in Madrid carrying their car radios, things changed when radios had removable fronts or became integral.

I have provided a link which shows that Spain has a problem with theft from cars. Now how about you providing one which shows that the UK has an even worst problem than Spain, as you claim ? Or at least a breakdown of the statistics which you have personally collated on car crime in Spain.

Maybe it was assumed by potential thieves that your car was locked and your bike wasn’t worth
    nicking ? I have left thousands of pounds worth of tools in an unlocked car in Croydon and not had them stolen – when I have occasionally forgotten to lock my car.

Why don’t you lock your car anyway – is it too much effort ? Mine only requires that I push a button, I don’t even have to look at the car.

Pauly

I want one of Dogbert’s designs!

hopefiendboy

+1 Dogbert

Hairychested
    Free Member

I want a couple of Dogbert’s stickers too. And a large window one too so I can have it in my wife’s studio’s window.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll have a couple of dogberts too please if possible..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘STW car sticker? Would you display one?’ is closed to new replies.